Author Topic: Ignoring users?  (Read 8665 times)

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
Ignoring users?
« on: February 06, 2007, 09:33:25 PM »
I can't find a button for it.  Is there a way to ignore the posts of certain users and I'm not seeing it?
We don't get just one life.  We get as many as we can cram into one lifetime.

Visit my page! JessaLynch.com

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
Re: Ignoring users?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 10:02:17 PM »
Kali- as far as I can tell, it's not a native feature of SMF.  It could, in theory, be added.  But that would require the overworked admin to have the time to do some pretty major mods to the board.
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 11:53:55 PM »
Alas!  Oh well, I'll just learn to blah over them.  No need for anyone to drive themselves nuts just because some people drive me nuts. ;)

Thanks, Amber.

Offline Magus

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 12:35:36 AM »
Why would you want to ignore someone????
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 12:52:45 AM »
There are a few posters whose posting style consistently annoys me.  Since I read these boards for fun, enjoyment, and relaxation, why would I want to read posts that irritate me?  I'm all about making my hobbies smooth sailing, and keeping my feathers unruffled. ;)

But I am an adult, and fully capable of paging down when I see the name of someone I know is just going to set my teeth on edge.  Though an ignore feature would have been nice, it's just icing.  I'm good.

Offline BigMama

• Posty McPostington
  • Bemused and Beguiled
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 03:38:41 PM »
Lots of sites DO have this feature--I've used it myself. It is a good way to keep from losing your temper with some posters. :)
Words in the heart cannot be taken. Dorfl

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 04:49:24 AM »
I tested a few of the SMF add on modules for this feature on my board and couldn't get any of them to work, so I definitely can't find one that I would recommend putting on a board with this many posts and members that would really, really suck if it went down.
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline jtaylor

• Posty McPostington
  • Bob: Offline but not forgotten.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 03:26:50 PM »
I tested a few of the SMF add on modules for this feature on my board and couldn't get any of them to work, so I definitely can't find one that I would recommend putting on a board with this many posts and members that would really, really suck if it went down.
Alas, I could really use the option right about now. I suppose self control will have to suffice.
A noble spirit enbiggens the smallest man.

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 12:49:57 AM »
Even if I find one, it's up to iago if he even wants to try it, but I thought I'd look around.
- Marie Curie