Author Topic: Give Us Your Chat Policy Suggestions  (Read 5574 times)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
Re: Give Us Your Chat Policy Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 05:43:00 PM »
It does.

Actually, it doesn't bother me; if someone wants to change their handle every minute or two, it doesn't matter to me. I'd just like a visual distinction between chatters. That's my only real wish list. Rule-wise, the basics are covered as long as you add "Final rule (omnibus): Don't be a jerk". :D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Aludra

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 05:49:27 PM »
I think the color choice would help with chatter distinction.
I knew him when he was just an IBM
John Scalzi, Android's Dream

DV Aludra v1.2 YR2 FR1.5 BK+ RP JB TH(!TH) ?WG ?CL SW+ BC- MC---- SH[Murphy-, Molly--, Lara+]

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 05:56:53 PM »
Yeah. I've chosen not to follow my own preference here, which would be Don't Use Colors At All. The use of colors in the chat doesn't help me make distinctions, it gives me the impression of being trapped in a circus, or of a bunch of people showing up to a black tie event in cheap pastel-colored tuxes. :)
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Aludra

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 06:04:44 PM »
Actually, it doesn't bother me; if someone wants to change their handle every minute or two, it doesn't matter to me. I'd just like a visual distinction between chatters. That's my only real wish list. Rule-wise, the basics are covered as long as you add "Final rule (omnibus): Don't be a jerk". :D

That's just begging someone to change their name to "a_jerk" and then say "Somebody help i'm being a jerk"
I knew him when he was just an IBM
John Scalzi, Android's Dream

DV Aludra v1.2 YR2 FR1.5 BK+ RP JB TH(!TH) ?WG ?CL SW+ BC- MC---- SH[Murphy-, Molly--, Lara+]

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2010, 06:20:25 PM »
That's just begging someone to change their name to "a_jerk" and then say "Somebody help i'm being a jerk"

Mod: Change it back. Now.
a_jerk: No.
*BOOT*

Where's the problem? :D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Niccos Shadow

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2010, 06:36:14 PM »
I think a general 'No Spam' policy would be best. Simply "If you're 1/2 filling the chat window with uselessness... you're spamming, so stop it!" That way it covers all the afore mentioned spam related issues as well as anything that may arise in the future

As for colors, different people will see it differently based off hardware or simply perspective. I think, as long as people are polite about it there's no reason to police that particular aspect.
"I still can't believe that you came to the Vampires' Masquerade Ball dressed as a vampire."
"Not just a vampire, a cheesy vampire. Do you think they got the point?"