Author Topic: DISPROVE THIS  (Read 107467 times)

Offline Magnus

• Posty McPostington
  • Secret Vampire of The Chiro Court
    • View Profile
Re: DISPROVE THIS
« Reply #405 on: July 09, 2010, 01:37:37 PM »
We need a poll with three options:

Molly is Mab
Molly is Titania
Molly is Mab and Titania

Myself, first I was in the Molly is Mab, then I changed to Molly is Titania, then to molly is both, but I'm back to Molly is Mab now.

Full assed FTW! :)

"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library." -Jorge Luis Borges

Offline aikidoka

• Posty McPostington
  • I suffer from a very sexy learning disability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 09, 2010, 01:42:24 PM »
I am firmly in the camp Molly is Molly :D
"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.  Checkmate." -25 star General Zapp Brannigan

Offline CharlesGriffin

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 09, 2010, 01:44:58 PM »
I am firmly in the camp Molly is Molly :D

You crazy person you! What insanity! What madness! Off with your head!

Offline Magnus

• Posty McPostington
  • Secret Vampire of The Chiro Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 09, 2010, 01:50:54 PM »
Yes, Molly can't be Molly.
She is either Margaret or MAC

Her full name is after all Margaret Katherine Amanda Carpenter, if we remove Katherine, her initials are M.A.C.
And she is Margaret :P
Full assed FTW! :)

"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library." -Jorge Luis Borges

Offline DoTArchon

• Posty McPostington
  • Lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 09, 2010, 01:53:08 PM »
Well sort of a joke. 

Here is where it all came from:
JB has written that we all have missed two major clue bats in turn coat, and quite a few of us went gonzo trying to figure out what they are. I Believe it was He Whom Walks who first noted that in turn coat, when Harry is searching for Thomas, he does not use his most obvious tool, little Chicago. In fact, it’s not even mentioned in the book at all, unlike every other book when it is used or not, only referred too as a ‘tarp covered table.’
Second, Harry has nasty headaches throughout the entire book. Now there are several ideas about these headaches, many of them involving his brain damage, but especially in light of his not having them in changes, it seems clear these headaches are cause by someone messing with his head, just like the headaches he got in small favor when Mab messed with his head… hmmm…
Third, someone has messed with little Chicago before, during proven guilty, when Mab was involved oh so strangely with Molly. (more on that later.)
So, this led some of to speculate Mab had messed with Little Chicago again, or at least made Harry and Bob forget it existed at all. But Why?
Removing Little Chicago prevents Harry from finding Shaggy and Thomas directly. It has several results, but the largest is it forces Harry to bond with Demonreach, something that JB has written he ‘will deeply regret later.’ Note that Mab, at this point, has considerable other options; She could, for example, have just walked in and offered Harry the winter knight job in return for her help rescuing Thomas. Or unleashed Lea. And those are just the unsubtle options.
Ergo, if we follow this logic, Demonreach is important to Mab, and it is important to her that Harry have it. Why? Well, many possibilities, but in my scenario, it is because Demonreach is the earthly location of the sidhe table (it is directly below it, remember summer knight); this is where, 75,000 years ago, a mortal wizard ascended to become Mab, causing the last major ice age. ( And creating that lovely source of permanent dark magic the island’s warden protects.)
It all came together one night when I was really tired and remembered JB had said this:
‘Well its one of the Laws (time travel) and Harry hasn’t broken it yet, so he will have too.’
So we have Mab, who knows way too much about what is going on and what will happen in the future, who can walk right thru all of Harry’s wards anytime she wants, who forced Harry into the position of Demonreach, somehow predicting that he would take that option…
We have Lea, quite interested in Molly, even back when she was a kid.
We have the entire darn book of Proven Guilty.
We have Molly, whom has powers of illusion, enchantment, and mind control.
We have Mab, whom was probably human once, quite legendary for her illusions, enchantments, and mind controls.
And we have Margaret Katherine Amanda Carpenter; Margaret from Marvarid, also spelled Margot, Marit, and Maeb..or as JB spells it, Mab.
Time travel + location of sidhe table + eternal regret of Harry … Molly is Mab.
As to the rest of the queens, I suspect they came later actually, (Mab says she IS Sidhe, not she IS A sidhe.)…Molly recruited them to balance her out, and end the ice age she accidentally started.
Or as others have suggested, her personality split into pieces..but im in favor of the recruiting idea.

Enjoy disproving.

I wouldn't try touching that theory with a ten-foot pole. All a little too possible to disprove. Damn Ms. Duck, you must have broken the Time Travel law and you're JB come back to mess with our heads lol

Offline aikidoka

• Posty McPostington
  • I suffer from a very sexy learning disability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 09, 2010, 01:55:06 PM »
You crazy person you! What insanity! What madness! Off with your head!

Aikidoka must be stopped. I've gone too
far. Who does that guy think I am? 
C'mon! We're gonna march all the way
to his house and make them stop forcing
their filthy me down our throats.

"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.  Checkmate." -25 star General Zapp Brannigan

Offline Scop

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 09, 2010, 03:54:56 PM »
Something is going on with Molly, though.  I think after that soul gaze with Thomas she was going to try to "help" him by mind bending him away from his demon, and THAT would not be a good thing at all.  She could see it as just another adiction, and now that she "knows better" she can take care of it correctly.  She also may have been nudging Harry in some sort of direction for some reason.  She picked up quickly on what Pebody was up to with the nudging he was doing, and she was trying to read Luccio and Morgan's brains - such things could be considered Grey Magic.

If someone's shapeshifted in to Molly, the only person I can think of who Mouse would'nt raize the alarm on would be Mamma Margret.  Mouse would know if Molly wasn't Molly, so if Molly isn't Molly, then Mouse has to be willing to protect whomever it is that is Molly.  If Mouse thinks Margret is there to protect Harry as well, they may have made an agreement. That would make that scene with Thomas more about a mother trying to help her son who's in pain than a love struck teenager hit by a combination of vampire lust and soulgazing compassion.

She dosen't have to be Molly all the time, either.  The real Molly could be dropping in for lessons and such and false Molly drops in at odd hours and just nudges Harry not to mention it when real Molly's around.  Maybe that's a bit to complicated, but still possible.  Here's the question... When is Molly's cooking good?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 03:56:38 PM by Scop »

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 09, 2010, 05:46:52 PM »
Molly flaunts her boobs at harry every chance she gets; and smirks a lot about it too. If she is mama maggie....eeeeeerk. Just eeeeek.        Its why i speculate mab not titaina btw; That mine mine mine with broadcast just screams molly to me
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline Dale B

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 11, 2010, 09:47:21 AM »
Molly flaunts her boobs, period.

Offline svb1972

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 11, 2010, 12:17:19 PM »
They are pretty flauntable

Offline FlaggerX

• Conversationalist
  • born of normal parents
    • View Profile
    • Everything 2
« Reply #415 on: July 12, 2010, 12:27:36 AM »
I am so amused that people seem to be giving this theory serious thought. 

Agreed.

Offline JSMany

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 12, 2010, 01:45:33 AM »
A quick question to those who believe Mab fixed the Little Chicago: Couldn't Lea have fixed it as well? We find out that Lea has been protecting Harry from nevernever side with a flower garden. She's always been close to him and helping him in little ways(rescue from the fire in bianca's party, old lady voice impersonation to save Harry from Grum, etc). We also know she is second only to Mab, since Aurora said Lea was stronger than Maeve and Mab herself said Lea is second only to her. Lea had the motivation and the power to fix it right? Wouldn't that theory be more likely than Mab?

If so, wouldn't Molly be Lea?

Offline Der Sturmbrecher

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 12, 2010, 02:30:06 AM »
A quick question to those who believe Mab fixed the Little Chicago: Couldn't Lea have fixed it as well? We find out that Lea has been protecting Harry from nevernever side with a flower garden. She's always been close to him and helping him in little ways(rescue from the fire in bianca's party, old lady voice impersonation to save Harry from Grum, etc). We also know she is second only to Mab, since Aurora said Lea was stronger than Maeve and Mab herself said Lea is second only to her. Lea had the motivation and the power to fix it right? Wouldn't that theory be more likely than Mab?

If so, wouldn't Molly be Lea?
Has Molly ever expressed an ardent desire to turn Harry into a dog?

Offline nthnclls

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 12, 2010, 02:33:07 AM »
To last poster, sort of...depends what you mean by "dog"

Btw, the only thing that would make this thread more awesome is a cryptic post by Butcher himself.

And a kitten.
Corpsetaker was a psychotic, body-stealing, mind-penetrating, ghoul-enlisting, power-craving asshole, but he had a certain charm about him.
You can plan a pretty picnic, but you can't predict the weather.

Offline Der Sturmbrecher

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 12, 2010, 02:34:45 AM »