Poll

Which City are you more interested in Creating?  Answers will be tallied on Tuesday.

San Francisco
Miami

Author Topic: Undertown RPG ~ San Francisco: Shaking the Foundations  (Read 64506 times)

Themostocles

Re: Undertown RPG ~ San Francisco: Shaking the Foundations
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2010, 11:53:42 AM »
Description: The District is home to the city's largest concentration of corporate headquarters, law firms, banks, savings & loans and other financial institutions, such as the corporate headquarters of VISA, Wells Fargo Bank, the Charles Schwab Corporation, McKesson Corporation, Barclays Global Investors, Bechtel, Gap, the Union Bank of California and salesforce.com among others. The headquarters of the 12th district of the United States Federal Reserve are located in the area as well. Montgomery Street ("Wall Street of the West") is the traditional heart of the district.
Theme: Peddling Wealth and Influence
The Aspect: Making and Breaking Empires
Face: Robert Goodfellow(Puck)
Concept: Emissary of Oberon

Face: Robert Goodfellow, aka Puck
Is the Face of: Wealth and Privelege
With the High Concept of: Summer’s Emissary on the West Coast
And Motivation: More power = more mischief
Relationships: Servant of Oberon(consort of Titania)

Interesting Fact:  The Zodiac killer was never caught.  The Zodiac Killer case re-opened, in San Francisco, in 2007; and has remained open in the Napa/Solano counties.  He claimed responsibility for 37 slayings in the northern California area, one of which was in the Presidio Heights area of San Fran.  Supernatural serial killer on the loose anyone?  Or hibernating…
<.<
>.>

Offline Soulless Mystic5523

• Posty McPostington
  • Icon lovingly crafted by ButMadNNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2010, 09:46:09 PM »
Name:  Mission Dolores/Mission Dolores Basilica
Description: Mission Doloroes is the oldest surviving structure in San Francisco, and unbeknownst to the many people that worship in the newer Mission Dolores Basilica it is still being used by the church to house the local chapter of the secret organization, the Eye of Thoth.
Theme\Threat:  A place for adventurers to take refuge from the evils that hunt them back.
Aspect: Bastion of Light in the Dark 
Faces:  Padre Guillermo Vicente Dionisio de Fausto, Padre of the church, and head of the local chapter of the Eye of Thoth.
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN.

Death    Reaper Man   Terry Pratchett

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

Aine

« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2010, 06:34:58 PM »
I think people are worried way to much about the phase aspects and character intermingling, personally.  We haven't even figured out who is going to be playing together yet and we have way too many people for us to all "know" each other. 

Stop stressing about it and do what feels right for your character.

Aine

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2010, 10:33:50 PM »
FOLKS!

We are gonna start figuring out groups and times and we need to get our last phases set, so if you don't have a character sheet (minus the last phases, of course) ready to go, please stop by the chat and get your sh..tuff together.  :D

We'll all be around the next couple of nights helping out with characters.  It wouldn't hurt, either to post times when you want to play.

http://www.medusasgarden.com/undertown.htm

Offline dwightfry

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2010, 11:01:28 AM »
I'm dropping out of the game good luck and have fun.

Aine

« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2010, 10:19:11 PM »
Sorry to hear that, dwightfry.

I think we're a bit at the spinning wheels stage right now.  Until our GM is able to set times and we are able to set groups, there really isn't a lot more we can do.  :-\

We'll keep helping with those stuck in the early character stages, though! 

Offline Ahrrie

• Posty McPostington
  • Tiny... but Fierce.
    • View Profile
    • Art
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2010, 04:44:23 AM »
The Elusive GM..... doesn't really return.

As noted... I have recently made a major life change... that being I moved to the desert.. It has been one hell of a change thats for sure. I'm still living out of boxes, running on a borrowed connection, and on the hunt for a decent job somewhere nearby. This is why I said I do not want to be running any game stuff until Juneish.

I'll be stopping in/by the chat as often as energy allows (my days are so packed with running all over the city that I hardly have time to do anything.. and when I come home usually I am ready to crawl into bed).

However... I won't be offended if someone wants to run a campaign before June or whatever. It seems like most of you have your characters worked out pretty well anyway =)

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2010, 04:57:34 AM »
its ok
we forgive you
 :P
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Aine

« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2010, 04:59:30 AM »
We do?

Man, we're nice. 

:P

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2010, 04:18:42 PM »
*glomps Aine*

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2010, 07:42:43 PM »
But, Ahrrie! We've spent so much time making characters just to annoy you, they would be lost on another GM. :P

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

Offline Ahrrie

• Posty McPostington
  • Tiny... but Fierce.
    • View Profile
    • Art
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2010, 06:07:35 AM »
Ha. Ha. Ha. Smart ass. *kicks Mystic in the ankles* meanie butt =P

Anyway. Ahrrie went and got herself a damn job! *gasp* (It was inevitable however). Sadly that means my time is going to be limited.. but I'll find a way to work around work.

Saturdays, as I have probably already mentioned, are out for gaming.. as I will be participating in two other tabletop games at the comic store. Sorry kids =P Deal with it.

I'm going to go over the characters in the thread you all started over the next couple of days.. when these headaches start to ease up a little. <3

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2010, 07:51:31 PM »
Due to a large part of our gaming group (including for some reason our GM) being on a forced vacation til "sometime in June" we are going to have to put a hold on planning for our games. Those of us that are still around are more than willing to help out with character creation and general questions.

Offline tordon

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2010, 12:52:30 AM »
Is it still possible to join this?  I know I'm pretty late to sign up but this looks pretty cool.

Offline luminos

• Posty McPostington
  • Um... Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2010, 12:53:26 AM »
Is it still possible to join this?  I know I'm pretty late to sign up but this looks pretty cool.

probably.  Come to the undertown chat room and talk to us.
Lawful Chaotic