Poll

Which City are you more interested in Creating?  Answers will be tallied on Tuesday.

San Francisco
Miami

Author Topic: Undertown RPG ~ San Francisco: Shaking the Foundations  (Read 64499 times)

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
Re: Undertown RPG ~ San Francisco: Shaking the Foundations
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2010, 01:45:58 PM »
How many locations will there be?

And, are we going to have somewhere that the character information will be posted?

I'm about 100 steps behind everyone else, but I'm running as fast I can to catch up!   :)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 02:28:09 PM by BookLover♥ »

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2010, 05:38:56 PM »
I'll be working on things in/around Japantown... unless someone has already started.
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline kjpowers

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Profile - The Roosevelt Institution
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2010, 06:14:28 PM »
Folks, I just found this post and I'm ridiculously excited. As a native San Franciscan (okay, I'm originally from Pacifica...San Francisco suburb), I've been half-mapping out SF in my head as an ideal location. You all have beat me to it! What can I do to help/participate?
"It behooves every man to remember that the work of the critic is of altogether secondary importance, and that, in the end, progress is accomplished by the man who does things. "

-President Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2010, 06:31:08 PM »
Cool! Aine is also in the SanFran area.

Are you interested in the RPG? Wanna play?
I am not speaking as someone who has been working on this long, but the city is being developed on this thread mostly, and character creation has been happening in the chat where we can all consult and discuss etc. There is usually someone there by 8p EST.

here's the chat:

http://www.medusasgarden.com/undertown.htm

Ahrrie is the GM. (until her roommate kills her...)

and welcome to the weirdness...
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline Knight Disciple

• Conversationalist
  • Hope Burns Bright!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2010, 08:42:10 PM »
*snip*And, are we going to have somewhere that the character information will be posted?*snip*

That's a good question. I actually have all my stuff in electronic format right now....

If only MythWeavers had the Dresden sheets up, that would be perfect.

Anyone have ideas on how to make my .docs and .pdfs available for others to read, without a bunch of emails flying around?
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile

Aine

« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2010, 11:29:31 PM »
You want to use these updated ones, the first ones had some issues:

http://www.enklave-23.de/Dresdenverse/City-and-Character-Sheets-Fillable%20v1.3.pdf

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2010, 02:53:32 AM »
I am going to try to create location information for the Transamerica pyramid.

Be patient with me  ;)

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2010, 01:42:03 AM »
Since we don't have a better way to do this yet, a few of us thought it might be a good idea to open a thread where people could post some of their character ideas, to help us understand how we might play off each other.  (See, I learned something today!)

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,18189.new.html#new

(we thought it would be a good idea to keep this current thread to city creation)

Offline dwightfry

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2010, 02:23:57 PM »
for those doing up locations remember the entry for Theme/Threat is one or the other.
The question is  is this location a Theme or a Threat and then its followed with the Idea which defines that Theme or Threat.
several of the current submissions have the idea entered on the theme/threat line with out clearly saying what type the location is.

Offline dwightfry

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2010, 02:54:10 PM »
Name: Tenderloin (aka: The Loin, TL's, The Trendy Loin, The Tender Nob, Little Saigon, Tenderloin Heights)
Description: Nestled between successful commercial areas and high priced residential areas, the Tenderloin is a community of seedy character with a reputation for crime, particularly violent street crime such as robbery and aggravated assault.
Squalid conditions, homelessness, crime, illegal drug trade, prostitution, liquor stores, and strip clubs give the neighborhood its reputation. However, these conditions have also kept rents in the area more affordable to low-income and working class people. Suprisingly the area has resistenat several attempts to gentrify and clean it up always reverting to its former Status as seedy crime ridden wasteland of lost souls.
There is a large Southeast Asian preasence  located here, made up of refugees from the wars of the latter part of the last century.
Also there is archeological eveidence that an ancient community resided in this location several thousand years ago. When the BART system was being built a skelton of a 5000 year old woman was found. Recently a Red Court Vampire cabal has taken an intrest in the area and they seem to know something noone else does, that the remains found were those of a 5000 year old human sacrifced to appease something very old, very powerful, and very hungry.

Threat
The Idea: What's Buried should stay Buried
The Aspect: It Brings the worst out in us
The Face: Rafael Herrera      Red Court Mover and Shaker

Name: Rafael Herrera
Is the face of What's Buried should Stay Buried
with the High Concept Red Court Mover and Shaker
and Motivation to release the ancient horror beneath the tenderloin giving the Red court and himself power to regain their preeminence!
With these relationships... to be determined
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 07:45:07 PM by dwightfry »

Aine

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2010, 05:44:35 PM »
Okay, I have a question for the GM types.

So our particular game that we're working has our three themes: homeless, White Court/Red Court, and Asian Mafia. 

Should most of the Locations and Faces we're putting up have some connection to that?  Or should they be sort of, well, random?

Not directed at you in particular, dwightfry, but I guess I'm wondering if introducing a Black Vampire character will just uneccessarily complicate things?

Offline dwightfry

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2010, 05:59:15 PM »
easy fix i can change them to red court with a simple edit

Offline luminos

• Posty McPostington
  • Um... Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2010, 08:47:56 PM »
You can use the Baltimore write up in YS as an example.  You need at least a couple of locations that tie real well in with the city theme/threats, but you can also have some that have more tentative connections.  Also, remember that the theme (Prime Hunting) isn't tied in to any one group, but is a pervasive thing, which happens to apply particularly well to the homeless.  The threats are more focused on specific groups, but anything that fits the flavor of those threats but is not connected to those groups is still good.
Lawful Chaotic

Offline Soulless Mystic5523

• Posty McPostington
  • Icon lovingly crafted by ButMadNNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2010, 03:06:53 AM »
The "Prime Hunting" theme will work fairly well with any of the locations that are focused on any of the current vamp courts.
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN.

Death    Reaper Man   Terry Pratchett

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]