Poll

Which City are you more interested in Creating?  Answers will be tallied on Tuesday.

San Francisco
Miami

Author Topic: Undertown RPG ~ San Francisco: Shaking the Foundations  (Read 64488 times)

Aine

Undertown RPG ~ San Francisco: Shaking the Foundations
« on: May 08, 2010, 01:26:59 AM »
You know what would be great?  If someone could drop in live and help us with the FATE system, which none of us have any experience with.   :-[

There are cookies in it for you...  ;)

http://www.medusasgarden.com/undertown.htm
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 10:52:37 PM by Áine »

Themostocles

Re: Undertown DresdenVerse RPG
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 01:31:40 AM »
Oh!  Cookies!  *nomnomnom*

<.<
>.>

Aine

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 01:43:48 AM »
*slaps Cthulhu's tentacles*

Those are for company!

Themostocles

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 01:47:21 AM »
*sticks tentacle in mouth after being smacked and pouts sullenly*

:o

City Suggestions:

USA
1. Detroit
2. Reno
3. Phoenix

Foreign
1. Dublin
2. Munich
3. Hong Kong
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 01:58:09 AM by Themostocles »

Offline Ahrrie

• Posty McPostington
  • Tiny... but Fierce.
    • View Profile
    • Art
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 01:53:00 AM »
Shame on you Thermal Stockings!

No but really.. I would be really appreciative of anyone who can give me the FATE for Dummies run down.

Offline Knight Disciple

• Conversationalist
  • Hope Burns Bright!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 02:32:30 AM »
Reposting.

Since I won't be able to make it to the planning/creation session Sunday, I'll go ahead and post my city choices now. I'll try to think up a couple of character concepts while I'm at it.

City Choices:
1.)Boston
2.)Kansas City
3.)Seattle

I'm also certainly willing to play in another city; I just figure this gives us options on both Coasts plus a Midwest option. Wink
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!

Offline Chelle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 03:01:26 AM »
Okay... cities...

1.  Detroit
2.  Atlanta
3.  Memphis

and if those don't have enough population and potential crime to blame the spooky stuff on, there's always...

4.  Miami (hey, you could have a guest appearance by Dexter)
5.  Baltimore (at one time had the highest murder rate in the country)
6.  Nashville (because it's fun to torture the bad guys with country music)

Themostocles

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 03:02:55 AM »
And Cleveland seconded.... =P :D

Aine

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 03:03:56 AM »
it has to be firsted, first...

It might also help if we were to read the chapter on City Creation, which I believe is Chapter 3.

I like:

1.) Cleveland
2.) San Francisco
3.) San Diego

and for foreign cities, I'm thinking

1.) Barcelona
2.) Munich
3.) Rio

Offline Ahrrie

• Posty McPostington
  • Tiny... but Fierce.
    • View Profile
    • Art
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 03:37:55 AM »
Okay, you kids make my head hurt. There are a lot of the same questions being asked.. so I'm gonna try and cover them here.

For all intents and purposes (hehe) I am GM.. (That's GeekoMancer to you, not Game Master, get it right). However.. I'm crazy flexible and I'm new to the FATE system myself. Never fear... we'll muddle through this together. It'll be an adventure all on its own.

There are a -lot- of people who are showing up and interested in playing. More than I had expected (Which is rocking awesome and exciting!)! So I am preparing myself for the inevitability of having to run two games. Any more than that and I might have to summon up a new GM... or cut sleep out of my life all together.

I do not mind if people want to play two characters, in either game, but I require that you rotate them enough so that both get play and one isn't just wasted time for me or anyone else.

I'm still reading through my PDFs, like most of you are too. So please hold your questions (write them down somewhere) until Sunday or Tuesday.. that way I have time to catch up and do my own homework.

Power level! I know you all want to know it! I've decided to go with Chest Deep as it opens up the most options for us. Please bear in mind that I love love love love love diversity.. and if I start getting too many of one character type I might start asking people to make an alternate character or if they choose not to.. to pick a different type(This will be on a purely first come first serve basis too). But that's only if.. say.. we have one wizard and a were-thing (Aine... I'm still considering spiders... ugh) against a whole hoarde of sorcerers or something. Never fear.. I'll work with everyone to insure your happiness.

Character creation!!!! Please start getting ideas together! Far be it from me to stop you! But remember we're also going to be working through them together too. That way you can do Phase Four and Five, and maybe round out your character a little more so that we don't have too many alike characters (Given the high number of players interested I am expecting a couple).

Whew... my wrists hurt from typing this much...

oh yes! City creation! Guys we have some options here. Lots and lots of options. A whole world and faerie world of options.. We don't have to stay in the United States! But truth be told we're not going to see your suggestions unless you post them here for us.. or at least we are unlikely to remember them. And I say again.. come prepared to make compromises. If your city isn't picked (We'll probably do things the old dictator way...er..... democratic.. easy mistake to make......) please don't storm off and throw a tantrum.. We'll be doing a lot of our game sessions within our "Home" city, but we can always travel too!

We also haven't really talked about just using the ones laid out for us already.. that -is- an option for us too. Just to note.

On the topic of Knights............... There are 3 swords. 3. In the whole wide fricken world. I'm iffy on using them for starter characters, but I'm not ruling them out right away either.

Can I get any more long winded? Oh you bet your sweet ass I can.

For city suggestions I'm going a little out of my way to do some research beforehand about ley lines and sites of reportedly high mysticalness. Because I can. I'm not yet prepared to give you guys my suggestions, but I'm sure I will be by Sunday... unless work kills me which is actually a possibility.

Okay. I think.... that is about all right now.

Offline Markkus

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 03:43:02 AM »
My 3 City Choices:
1. Jacksonville, FL (Nice, spread out city...very close to the oldest city in America)
2. San Fran
3. Chicago =D

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 04:32:19 AM »
*tags*

Offline drnuncheon

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 12:07:31 PM »
On the topic of Knights............... There are 3 swords. 3. In the whole wide fricken world. I'm iffy on using them for starter characters, but I'm not ruling them out right away either.

Given the existence of the Barabbas Noose as an artifact (and maybe the Shroud of Turin), I'm sure there are other possibilities for a Knight of the Cross-type character.  Two that come to mind are David's sling and the Spear of Longinus.  (Of course, the Spear is supposed to have one of the three nails that are canonically in the Swords, raising some interestign questions.)

Offline Ahrrie

• Posty McPostington
  • Tiny... but Fierce.
    • View Profile
    • Art
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 12:44:42 PM »
Oh that's fine.. I meant that bit mostly for Knights of the Cross.

Offline Dreamweaver Mirar

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2010, 03:11:50 PM »
1) Cleveland
2) Washington DC
3) Cincinnati

Foreign
1) Constance, Germany
Teh crazy has arrived.