Author Topic: WCV/RCI Question  (Read 1446 times)

Offline Draco

• Lurker
    • View Profile
WCV/RCI Question
« on: April 27, 2010, 04:37:35 AM »
So we ran into a few questions during our first game session:

One is being Taken Out and Virgins/Infected.  According to the rules when you take someone out, you decide what happens to them.  There for technically you can never "accidentally" kill someone, is this correct? What are we missing here?

Offline luminos

• Posty McPostington
  • Um... Hello?
    • View Profile
Re: WCV/RCI Question
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 04:47:52 AM »
I'd say it really depends on the circumstances.  If someone gets taken out because your vampire fed too deeply on them, then I'd say that it would be very difficult to justify not killing them, perhaps resulting in a compel against your high concept aspect.  Or if you shoot a huge ball of fire at someone and it takes them out, you'd have to have some serious justification as to why that person isn't completely fried.  In short, the taken out result should fit in with the reason they were taken out.
Lawful Chaotic

Offline JustinS

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 04:54:40 AM »
One thing to remember is that the player decides.

Do you want to deal with going WC now (can you handle the refresh hit)?
Are you willing to deal with the character you took down coming back?

Offline srl51676

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 05:10:46 AM »
If I were GMing this would be a discipline roll to be able to make that decision or if you wanted to get complicated and the other players don't mind then we deal with your hunger as an NPC and have a Contest. The point of being a WCV of RCI is that there are time you can lose control.
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.
"The world wants to be deceived, so let it be deceived."

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 09:26:23 AM »
Well, I personally, would throw a High-Aspect compel at them every time they took someone out with their feeding powers. And then, if they refuse it, make them roll Discipline ala the Blood Drinker or Emotional Vampire stunts. Yes, that's cruel, but an important part of being either of those things should be being very careful not to put yourself in that situation. Because if you do...well, you might well transform.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 10:28:36 AM by Deadmanwalking »

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 01:45:25 PM »
So we ran into a few questions during our first game session:

One is being Taken Out and Virgins/Infected.  According to the rules when you take someone out, you decide what happens to them.  There for technically you can never "accidentally" kill someone, is this correct? What are we missing here?

Oh, you can. Usually NPCs. By concession on the GM's part.

So the GM can say "You know what, I concede here -- my concession is that your spell blows me off the rooftop and I fall to my death."

Accidental death, then, is in the hands of the die-er, not the kill-er. :)
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/