Author Topic: Dresden Files Boston  (Read 6861 times)

Offline exploding_brain

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Dresden Files Boston
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2010, 02:10:18 AM »
 That also leads into 'what famous Bostonions were those to strike a deal with the fey?'  was it Paul Revere?

Edit: and about dunkin's in Boston, one of the guidebooks I ran across last year said that in the 36 mile area comprising of the 'city of Boston' there are 64 Dunkin Donuts.

Paul Revere was a silversmith, so maybe there's a werewolf connection?

The footprint of any Dunkin' Donuts within 101 miles of the geographic center of Boston is accorded neutral ground.

Or

Built into the foundation of every Dunkin' Donuts is in the Boston area is loadstone that functions as a sink for the magical energies trapped by the Boston area roads.  The Boston Freemasons have enchanted items that also scoop up negative magical energies as they are carried around the city, which can then discharge in to the loadstones.  The freemasons have many members in the Boston PD, the folks who run the trains, construction workers, and truck drivers.

Offline TheMouse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2010, 02:50:05 AM »
Paul Revere was a silversmith, so maybe there's a werewolf connection?

You know, that's kind of cool. Sort of like Supernatural's version of Samuel Colt. I think if I end up doing a version of Boston, I'm going to have to swipe that.

Offline seang77

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2010, 10:34:28 AM »
OK I LOVE the Charlie angle that is just great.

Also I am thinking that if I do end up making a North Shore game that I might just make Salem a dead magic zone.  thinking something along the line that the area's magic folk decided that with the commercialization that Salem has gone through over the years that they were just plain sick of it.  That it was a conscious decision, and they all avoid the city as a whole.  the area would work like a cell phone dead area.  Kind of a magical no bars situation. 

Dunno was just an idea cause as someone that lived 1 town over from it Salem and it's surrounding towns get stupid around Halloween.

and back to sports... me and most of my players are hockey fans.  Thinking maybe Bobby Orr made a deal in the 70's......

Offline cpt_kirstov

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2010, 01:39:26 PM »
Ok, I have a feeling that over a few years we're going to have some of these conversations multiple times.... What do people think about starting a wiki to flesh out possible things happening in cities (hotspots, history, and creatures)?

Offline Coios

• Participant
  • Pleuritude Total!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2010, 11:32:11 PM »

Pleese tell me you need players!!!!! i am in brazil right now (i am from brazil actualy) but i used to live 45 min from boston in westborough for 4 years so i kwon the region!!! play by post is my only chance to play the dresden files rpg since the books have not been traslated into portuguese and my group is kind of on a meloncoly trip on dungeons and dragons 3.5 and aparently will continuo to do so for some time. i already have a char ready to play!!!
"I told these guys last week I didn't want to buy a ring," I said. I glanced at Shiela. "See that? Witty under pressure. That was a Tolkien joke."