Author Topic: I love this system, but...  (Read 1937 times)

Offline Sir lerks-a-lot

• Participant
    • View Profile
I love this system, but...
« on: April 16, 2010, 07:09:14 PM »
I'm having a hard time keeping it all in my head.  What would really help is a demonstration.  Anyone know of any play-tests or games that have been put up on youtube?

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: I love this system, but...
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 07:11:22 PM »
Not off the top of my head (though Game Geeks may have a youtube vid where they talk just a little about the system in Spirit of the Century, which is similar), but have you taken a look at YS410-411? That's meant to help you out with much of the in-my-head stuff. Not all of it admittedly, but it's what we could fit in terms of reference bits.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Madmacabre

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 07:18:45 PM »
I'm having a hard time keeping it all in my head.  What would really help is a demonstration.  Anyone know of any play-tests or games that have been put up on youtube?

I would sure love that to!

A small video with a fight example, social interactions/conflicts and possibly some live thaumaturgical examples.

Offline luminos

• Posty McPostington
  • Um... Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 07:20:04 PM »
there is a play-by-post game starting up that you can look at to help you get an idea of how the system works.
Lawful Chaotic

Offline Sir lerks-a-lot

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 07:28:03 PM »
Not off the top of my head (though Game Geeks may have a youtube vid where they talk just a little about the system in Spirit of the Century, which is similar), but have you taken a look at YS410-411? That's meant to help you out with much of the in-my-head stuff. Not all of it admittedly, but it's what we could fit in terms of reference bits.

Thanks, I hadn't seen this.  This will help quite a bit.