Author Topic: Chicago  (Read 1386 times)

Offline GoldenH

• Participant
    • View Profile
Chicago
« on: May 06, 2010, 08:28:45 AM »
I've been a bit busy working up my own version of Chicago for a game. I like Occult Chicago, but it's all neighborhoods, and I wanted some Points of Interest so that if the players hit a dead end they can at least choose a place at random and check it out for new clues. So I'm calling my place Windy Chicago. It's kinda taking the Vancouver effect, and different bits of Lore that I know about the city. Occult Chicago provides a nice workable description of the city though, so at least they can find their way around.

Gotta say though, there's one thing I'm really curious about. Buckingham Fountain. You know, it's not running half the year. Even the 'Bundy Fountain' reference shoulda tipped you guys off, since the clip shows them turning off the fountain for the winter. But heh, I guess that just gives Winter one more advantage in a city sometimes held for months by winter but rarely more than a week of blistering summer.

Actually I'm having a little trouble with finding things for Summer to do in Chicago besides oppose winter. I suppose they might be a fan of Chicago-style politics. Everyone loves a politicking, backstabbing people's hero and Dresden's seelie fae do that perfectly. But that's more a subtle corruption/theme than a threat.

Offline crusher_bob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Chicago
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 11:58:02 AM »
The sponsored magic section claims that Summer's themes are "wildness, birth, growth, renewal, fire".  So summer could be involved in stuff like wild biker beer bashes, starting local businesses, higher education, urban planning, and... arsonists  ;D.  Plenty of stuff to do.