Author Topic: Mythic Toughness -- Must have a permission?  (Read 1931 times)

Offline void

• Participant
    • View Profile
Mythic Toughness -- Must have a permission?
« on: April 11, 2010, 06:07:58 AM »
I was poking at the Toughness powers, and tripped across this phrase under Mythic Toughness' musts: You must have a permission that grants this ability.

I've read through the chapter, the index, and done some searching throughout the PDF... I can't find anything else that matches up to this rather particular phrasing, neither in the other Toughness abilities or anything else Mythic.

Is this an artifact from a previous version of the rules text, or am I missing something?

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Mythic Toughness -- Must have a permission?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 07:23:17 AM »
There were indeed "Permissions" that had to be taken to acquire Powers in previous versions of the rules, so I'm guessing it's an artifact of that.

Offline LCDarkwood

• Warden
  • Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 10:28:19 AM »
Yeah, Permissions were sort of a midway point on the way to our final, blanket ruling on qualifying for powers. Permissions were a fancy way of indicating which character types qualified for which powers, which we then generalized to, "they have to clearly derive from your high concept aspect, whatever it is". And then we solidified the templates and types to provide more guidance.

The idea being, it has to logically track. So, if I'm an Emissary of Loki, the trickster god, probably I could see my way into illusion-based sponsored magic or glamours, any powers that help me with deception, and that kind of stuff. But Mythic Toughness probably isn't going to happen.

Offline Sebastian

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 10:56:56 AM »
Yeah, Permissions were sort of a midway point on the way to our final, blanket ruling on qualifying for powers. Permissions were a fancy way of indicating which character types qualified for which powers, which we then generalized to, "they have to clearly derive from your high concept aspect, whatever it is". And then we solidified the templates and types to provide more guidance.

The idea being, it has to logically track. So, if I'm an Emissary of Loki, the trickster god, probably I could see my way into illusion-based sponsored magic or glamours, any powers that help me with deception, and that kind of stuff. But Mythic Toughness probably isn't going to happen.

Or transformations. :)
"I'm sorry, I'd like to help but I'm currently doing something very important. However, I could finish today and as soon as I'm done I'll do everything in my power to help you"
- How to promise help you have no intention of giving.

Offline void

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 01:10:09 PM »
Okay, cool. My world is right again. I hate feeling like I've missed something. :)