Author Topic: Item of Power/Sponsered Magic Question  (Read 1172 times)

Offline The Codex

• Participant
    • View Profile
Item of Power/Sponsered Magic Question
« on: April 09, 2010, 02:20:54 PM »
Ok so I think I am beginning to get a handle on this but,

I have an Item of Power, that offers Sponsered Soulfire Channeling and Ritual.....

Using the power through the sword to create a Ward on an area from Demonic Influences, Spirit Damage (through Channeling) to damage a vampire etc all make sense with in the system and now completely understand,

Heres the question my player has just asked me, can the sword (does the sword) convey the ability for item slots?

I am tempted to say only enchanted items that use the sword as a creation factor so plunging it into a liquid substence to create a potion for example....

Also and the radon for the modify I now have a bother player asking if sponsered magic works though an item (the player in question is thinking of using a hammer as his item and being a scion of Thor/avatar of Thor but the powers in the hammer and is an hierloom)

I really need to get my head around this

HELP

does this sound right? (i don't think focus items are applicable as the sword itself is the way the power is focused/avalible to the weilder)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 04:36:10 PM by The Codex »

Offline Korwin

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Item of Power/Sponsered Magic Question
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 06:41:27 PM »
I think he would get the items slots, but could use the items only if he has the Hammer.
But if thats so, what about items who can be used by anyone?

For the Char. at hand,
I would suggest to take Sponsored Magic directly and for the Hammer not so open ended Powers.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Item of Power/Sponsered Magic Question
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 09:06:12 PM »
Yeah, it'd give the Item Slots...which could only be used if he had the sword.

Logically, the easiest solution is to have the sword be all of the Focus/Enchanted Items as well as an Item of Power.