Author Topic: Evocations and Enviromental Power-Ups  (Read 3493 times)

Offline void

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Evocations and Enviromental Power-Ups
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 09:10:44 PM »
Regarding hydromancers, one of my players (the one over whose shoulder I'm looking to read the books) just went, "Well, really, the water a hydromancer is working with is inside the spell, any other moving water is outside the spell. It's a magical construct with a barrier, just like any other. It's a matter of what you can contain and direct with the energy and time you have."

Offline JosephKell

• Conversationalist
  • Total Refresh Cost: +2 (Pure Mortal)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 09:12:25 PM »
Yeah but... He must've used his extreme consequence slot at least twice BEFORE Dresden.  Or were the ones aimed at Jennifer/Tommy and later at Linda weaker and using less consequences?  I guess after Dresden beat up his shadow projection, then beat up his demon, Victor got scared, so maybe he "figured" overkill was just enough kill.
If you have to ask, it probably breaks a Law of Magic.  You're just trying to get the Doom of Damocles.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 09:15:47 PM »
Yeah but... He must've used his extreme consequence slot at least twice BEFORE Dresden.  Or were the ones aimed at Jennifer/Tommy and later at Linda weaker and using less consequences?  I guess after Dresden beat up his shadow projection, then beat up his demon, Victor got scared, so maybe he "figured" overkill was just enough kill.

Don't forget how much he took out of his fellow cultists. Hollow people. Shells of who they once were. The consequences you inflict don't have to be on yourself, if you're willing to go dark with your magic.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline JosephKell

• Conversationalist
  • Total Refresh Cost: +2 (Pure Mortal)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2010, 09:22:19 PM »
And we (and by that I mean "I") have the third story arc.

No wonder faeries and demons try to collect people.

"Mortals, they have what ritualistics crave.  Electrolytes Freewill."

As an aside, 29 shifts of power is enough to kill a person* with Epic (+7) Endurance (*no toughness powers) that burns all of their applicable consequences (28 uses them all and fills the 4th box, technically not down).  I guess the extra 3 shifts (going to 32) is to account for a threshold/wards of strength 3.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 09:25:12 PM by JosephKell »
If you have to ask, it probably breaks a Law of Magic.  You're just trying to get the Doom of Damocles.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 09:37:10 PM »
Yes, 32 makes extra super duper double-darn sure.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/