Author Topic: Writeable/Safeable Char. Sheet?  (Read 35346 times)

Offline Jeckel

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Writeable/Safeable Char. Sheet?
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2010, 02:58:15 AM »
Foxit works just fine on the sheets I created.  Acrobat won't open a sheet that's been edited and then saved with Foxit for some reason known only to Adobe.

That said, Foxit is the superior product and I give it a two thumbs up recommendation to anyone using my character sheet. :)

Yea, in general Adobe isn't very good at working with others, but almost everyone has their reader and personally I've never had need to look into another reader. However, it sounds like this Foxit is a good one, so I'm going to give it a try. :)
For evil to conquer, good men need only do nothing.
War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.
When Scientists ask questions, Engineers build answers.

Offline CableRouter

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2010, 10:37:10 PM »
Yea, in general Adobe isn't very good at working with others, but almost everyone has their reader and personally I've never had need to look into another reader. However, it sounds like this Foxit is a good one, so I'm going to give it a try. :)

Just wait until you see how fast it loads compared to Acrobat. :)

Offline Wyrdrune

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2010, 07:25:11 AM »
I got to Foxit when I found out the hard way, that Adobe does not like to be printed on an HP printer. (A few months ago I bought a HP color laser printer at a sale, and just after printing 50 pages or so (which took it's time) I saw that every paper was white. And then I googled that there is appearantly a problem with Adobe and HP.)

I've been working with Foxit ever since and no complaints.

Offline Remy Sinclair

• Participant
  • I am the calm then I am the storm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2010, 06:53:55 PM »
Have Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop and Illustrator printing on an HP Laser Printer and an HP Ink Jet for years never had an issue at all with my home computer and I am using Vista.

Offline theDwarf

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2010, 05:40:23 AM »
any chance of asking for a copy? ;D

I sent message to Evil Hat to see if they had any interest.

I have a little* experience designing PC Records ;D and for my own purposes have already started on more compact 2-sheet variants that handles increasing amounts of tasks "automatically".  Another feature I was interested in was some means to automatically pull stories from multiple characters and feed them directly into a printable sheet that can be distributed electronically or printed and cut into individual stories.  A third aspect was creating room on a character sheet for Foci, Enchanted Items, Potions, and/or equipment.  I will probably have to look at additional condensing to fit all but story on one sheet.

(* - aka, Hackmaster and Kalamar)

July 15th Update:  I have tentative permission to distribute my Excel / Open Office version.  I sent Evil Hat a copy but I feel I probably need to make a few adjustments to it first (like adding a copyright for Evil Hat at the bottom, and probably removing some of the text).  I will keep people posted as to when I have it available, but as I have no plans to host it at this time.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 04:00:37 PM by theDwarf »
-D.M.Zwerg
Mathematician

Offline kalanthros

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2010, 07:08:47 PM »
I should think hosting won't be much of a problem :)  I'm sure there's a bunch of us around here who'd host it for you should the need arise :)

Offline theDwarf

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2010, 12:38:37 AM »
I should think hosting won't be much of a problem :)  I'm sure there's a bunch of us around here who'd host it for you should the need arise :)

That would work.  All I really feel I need to do is add a copyright notice at the bottom to suit me.

PM me if you have a website and want to host an Open Office or Excel spreadsheet 4-up character sheet :)
-D.M.Zwerg
Mathematician

Offline kalanthros

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2010, 08:12:36 PM »
Just gotta figure out how to restrict certain files for anonymous downloads (like your sheet). I don't think it'd be fair to have everyone register for my site just to be able to download your sheet :)  (it's setup using Tiki-Wiki CMS, and contains all my notes not just for Dresden, but also my Doctor Who campaigns)...

I'll PM ya once I get it sorted :)

Offline theDwarf

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2010, 05:04:26 AM »
Just gotta figure out how to restrict certain files for anonymous downloads (like your sheet). I don't think it'd be fair to have everyone register for my site just to be able to download your sheet :)  (it's setup using Tiki-Wiki CMS, and contains all my notes not just for Dresden, but also my Doctor Who campaigns)...

I'll PM ya once I get it sorted :)

Well, until such time here is a sample ... an image of a character in an alternate format I have been tweaking.  I have a more pure version as well, but what's the point of posting THAT image? ;)

Sorry for the small scale as I had to shrink the zoom to fit it all in.
I condensed Aspects a bit to fit the power level stuff up there.  It is obvious I have to reexamine the nested IF-THEN-ELSE statements for Skill Cap and bonus as they are reading incorrectly (yah, this form has them set on automatic ... also counts skills, calculates points spend and available, and handles the Fate points all automatically, as well as calculating Stress based on input skill levels (next task is to automate that)).

I added sections for Items, Skill Notes, and expanded armor.  Will almost certainly tweak more as I go along.
Yep, Caricature is an intentional misspelling.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 05:09:49 AM by theDwarf »
-D.M.Zwerg
Mathematician

Tbora

« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2010, 05:22:56 AM »
Can you tweek it to include Fantastic for the skills section?

Offline theDwarf

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2010, 02:35:31 PM »
Can you tweek it to include Fantastic for the skills section?

Can I? ... Yes.

Why?  Has somebody developed character progression beyond Submerged?
(if so I would like to see the table :) )
-D.M.Zwerg
Mathematician

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2010, 03:23:48 PM »
Can I? ... Yes.

Why?  Has somebody developed character progression beyond Submerged?
(if so I would like to see the table :) )

Yeah, a couple of games are going on at high levels. 60 skills and between 16 and 18 Refresh seems to be typical "Ridiculously Deep" level, but each individual game will have it's own variants. Heck, a starting Submerged game will likely get there eventually...

Offline theDwarf

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2010, 03:57:57 PM »
Yeah, a couple of games are going on at high levels. 60 skills and between 16 and 18 Refresh seems to be typical "Ridiculously Deep" level, but each individual game will have it's own variants. Heck, a starting Submerged game will likely get there eventually...

If people send me (PM, post & link, etc) an expanded table of the caps, skill points, and refresh I can program them in. :)  I can almost make Excel / Open Office stand up and dance the jig given sufficient information (and I avoid Macros where possible so it stays more portable).

For a good example, look at the Kalamar Atlas and realize that other than cities & towns listed in the KoK CS and other published works ALL of the towns and villages in the Kalamar Atlas, including distribution by size, were all randomly named using the various Kalamar naming conventions and assigned populations (with naming conventions held and varied for population size) using a spreadsheet.  Might not sound that impressive until you realize that due to the cut off determined by Dave maybe 80% of the named villages (down to 10 population) were not used.   ;D   Yup, I am one insane Dwarf.

So, people can feel free to PM me what they would like to see on character sheets (what works, what doesn't) and I will look at the PMs and contemplate adding such to modified generic sheets.  It may take me months depending on work loads, but I am game for it at least for the anon.
-D.M.Zwerg
Mathematician

Offline Tsunami

• Posty McPostington
  • Not delicate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2010, 04:44:46 PM »
Here's Dwarf's sheet, finally got around to putting it up.

http://www.musterpuffer.de/RP/df/Character-set_StoryCards.xls

have fun.

Tbora

« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2010, 04:45:49 PM »
you need a username and password to access....