Author Topic: Writeable/Safeable Char. Sheet?  (Read 35328 times)

Offline sandchigger

• Conversationalist
  • His Holiness, the Chigg
    • View Profile
Re: Writeable/Safeable Char. Sheet?
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2011, 09:15:33 PM »
The only issue I have is that these sheets are too awesome and make me feel piddly and insignificant.

I may well be silly, but I am never moronic.

Offline Remy Sinclair

• Participant
  • I am the calm then I am the storm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2011, 10:50:14 PM »
The only issue I have is that these sheets are too awesome and make me feel piddly and insignificant.

Very true I feel that way already.

Offline Imp

• Conversationalist
  • Global Thermonuclear War
    • View Profile
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2011, 06:19:16 PM »

Fred has officially put these sheets up on the Dresden Files RPG Download section!
Imp's Corner

Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream-Lewis Carroll

Offline Warderbrad

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2011, 12:03:40 AM »
These forms are great, however there is one problem that was previously reported that has not been corrected.  On the City Sheet (Faces) the "Relationships" field for the left hand NPC on the second row and the right hand one are both linked to the same data, so filling one out fills out the other.  This makes one of the two unusable unless you plan your NPCs to both know the exact same people.

Offline Imp

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2011, 12:10:19 AM »
I'll get that fixed, luckily I can update the files and it will update  on the site aswell
Imp's Corner

Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream-Lewis Carroll

Offline Imp

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2011, 08:12:18 PM »
All Set, the fields aren't linked anymore and now they all are centered so it looks a little better when filled out.

Let me know any other bugs or concerns on these sheets.
Imp's Corner

Offline srl51676

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2011, 10:28:54 PM »
Hey Imp,

These are great sheet I love that you changed the hunger tracks so they can be unchecked. I am only having one problem. the best part about this is it allows you to update a saved sheet but Adobe Reader is telling me I cant save the changes to the sheet so whats the point. Am I missing something? 

thanks for the work
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.
"The world wants to be deceived, so let it be deceived."

Offline Imp

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2011, 10:36:13 PM »
If your using just the reader (ie adobe reader x or whichever) use the "save as", direct save works if you have abode standard
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 04:03:22 AM by Imp »
Imp's Corner

Offline Imp

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #113 on: June 05, 2011, 04:07:27 AM »
Alright Fred made up a spellcaster sheet.  I made did some form magic on it, now i must confess i havent played a spell caster yet so with help from Mal_Luck i did my best

Spellcaster Sheet

if there is anything that would work better IE number or size of the fields let me know.   the spell totals workspace i was totally lost on so if that would work a different way please let me know
Imp's Corner

Offline TheRealMe

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 04, 2011, 05:01:13 AM »
Imp,

These character sheets, especially with the Hunger Track and the Shapeshifter, would be extremely useful to me and my group...  if only I could save them.  Certainly it is possible for me to save other incarnations of this sort of Dresden character sheet without the full Acrobat suite.  Could you please look into Properties or something to set it so that we can save data in the fillable fields.  Your suggestion to use "Save as" will only save it as text for me, which is pretty useless as the text file is not formatted very well.

Also, I seem to have trouble downloading the Spellcaster version.  Perhaps there is a bad link.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 05:03:25 AM by TheRealMe »
Your logic is flawless.  But that doesn't mean you're right! - Tedd Good

Offline Imp

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #115 on: August 04, 2011, 01:18:22 PM »
I'll take a look into the saving option, I'll figure something out.  cause i absolutely agree that a character sheet is useless if you cant save the dam thing.

i check the links on the sharing site, the thread and dresdenfilesrpg.com and they all seem to be working fine.   is anyone else experience a problem with the spellcasting link?

here is a new link just in case

SpellCasting 1 page
Imp's Corner

Offline Warderbrad

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 04, 2011, 02:34:22 PM »
I know this may not help much but you can "print" to a new PDF.  The new one would not be editable afterward as it would in essence be a picture of the sheet with the filled in portions.

As a side note is it possible in areas such as the "Musts" and other areas that would be single line but usually get so much info that they scale very small to be able to wrap the text?  If the font were reduced in size just a bit it would fit and for most characters that section specifically gets unreadable.

Offline Imp

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2011, 01:51:52 AM »
@TheRealME  alright took some digging but i got it all sorted out, you should be able to save with just adobe reader now.

@Warderbrad how much text do you normally put in the "Musts" from my understanding it was just used for the must have stunt/powers to make you you.  which for anyone in my group ends up being 2-4 items
Imp's Corner

Offline Warderbrad

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2011, 05:44:55 AM »
Recently I made a character for a White Court game, using the template there are 7 different must powers some with catch information.  I may be building characters wrong if you are not required to take all of the must items listed on the template.

Offline TheRealMe

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2011, 08:41:45 PM »
Imp, thank you for your hard work.
Your logic is flawless.  But that doesn't mean you're right! - Tedd Good