Author Topic: Writeable/Safeable Char. Sheet?  (Read 35332 times)

Offline R00kie

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Whirly Waffles
Re: Writeable/Safeable Char. Sheet?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 06:58:47 AM »
Its interesting. For the character sheet the one on FateRPG appears significantly better. The text in the event box for the 5 phases resizes, the stress boxes work correctly (you can clear them after you tick them), tghe power levels auto complete and the skill points sort themselves out. In addition you can use the whole of the stunts and powers section and you can actually fill in the armour area. Theres no comparison - its better.

However for the city section the situation appears to be reversed and the sheet currently on RPG.Net appears significantly better - allowing a sensible amount of text in the status quo boxes, splitting the moves and shakers box up so you can place things on boarders and correctly handling the theme or threat boxes.

I guess I'll keep both on my hard drive :)

Offline Madmacabre

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 03:31:38 AM »
Quick question...

Now I have both the city and character sheets together. How do I divide them in two seperate files?

Offline pfloyd

• Participant
  • Team Dresden
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2010, 03:00:18 PM »
I'm working on a workbook for Excel that will be able to help create, save, and advance characters. The functionality of what I've worked on so far is decent, but the data entry for powers is going to take a while, especially with having to reword descriptions so as not to infringe on copyright.
I haven't done the character sheet part of it yet, but that's coming...
And the skill section will take a bit too...
A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." -- Douglas Adams

Offline srl51676

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2010, 04:15:20 PM »
Quick question...
Now I have both the city and character sheets together. How do I divide them in two seperate files

You need a PDF editor to do that so either full Adobe acrobat or check tucows.com for a free/shareware one.
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.
"The world wants to be deceived, so let it be deceived."

Offline Carabas

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2010, 05:28:43 PM »
Its interesting. For the character sheet the one on FateRPG appears significantly better. The text in the event box for the 5 phases resizes, the stress boxes work correctly (you can clear them after you tick them), tghe power levels auto complete and the skill points sort themselves out. In addition you can use the whole of the stunts and powers section and you can actually fill in the armour area. Theres no comparison - its better.

Thanks! :) Great to hear that you like that part of the sheet.

However for the city section the situation appears to be reversed and the sheet currently on RPG.Net appears significantly better - allowing a sensible amount of text in the status quo boxes, splitting the moves and shakers box up so you can place things on boarders and correctly handling the theme or threat boxes.

I guess I'll keep both on my hard drive :)

Hm... I'll have to look at my city sheets and those Matt C. posted to see where I can improve. Out of curiosity: why do you feel that I handle the theme or threat boxes incorrectly?

Anyways, feedback is always appreciated. I whipped the formfillables up before the rules where released, so I guess there might be some things not handled correctly.

Offline Jeckel

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2010, 06:15:45 AM »
..., but the data entry for powers is going to take a while, especially with having to reword descriptions so as not to infringe on copyright. ...

I don't think you have to reword any of the descriptions. According to this article there should be no need to reword descriptions as per the Creative Commons Attribution, Non-Commercial license. Basically, just give credit to Jim B. and the The Dresden Files RPG where it is due, and don't try to make money off it, you should be good.

However, I am not sure how this applies to information taken from the pre-order PDFs. I personally am planning to hold off on releasing anything that includes blocks of text (like power/skill/etc descriptions) until after the books are officially released.

Short of Fred or another developer speaking to the contrary, I'm sure plenty of us would rather you got to spend your time making the workbook instead of rewording what the devs have already written. :)
For evil to conquer, good men need only do nothing.
War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.
When Scientists ask questions, Engineers build answers.

Offline pfloyd

• Participant
  • Team Dresden
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2010, 06:40:59 PM »
Very good points all.
I'm just doing it more in my spare time, whenever that is... few and far between at home, and my lunch breaks at work have been in review of the TV shows as of late.

At the latest, it should be done... oh... maybe by the time I get back from vacation in late July.  ;D
A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." -- Douglas Adams

Offline kalanthros

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2010, 02:25:24 PM »
Not sure if the creator of the sheet located here: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=510090&page=4 checks this neck of the woods or not, but would it be possible to have the two "sections" of the sheet split? ie. one file for Character Creation, one file for City Creation?

Thanks in advance!

Offline zcthu3

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2010, 01:06:03 AM »
Hi all

Thanks for the awesome work on the character sheets but has anyone done one with a Hunger Stress Track?

Cheers

Phil

Offline CableRouter

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2010, 02:55:42 PM »
Here is a modified version of one of the base sheets, can't remember which of the two in this thread I started with. :)
http://offramp.endofinternet.net/Character-Sheets.pdf

Changes:
Left out the city sheets.
Switched the order of the pages, the one you'll use during play is now on top for those who like to use electronic character sheets at the table.
Changed the font to the one used for text in the books.
Changed the text color to black.

If you're looking for a small, very fast replacement for Acrobat Reader, try Foxit.  Newer versions aren't reading the Jenson font and replace it
with a default, so I'm using version 2.3.
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/index.php

Offline Papa Gruff

• Conversationalist
  • in omnia paratus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2010, 05:19:38 PM »
Here is a modified version of one of the base sheets, can't remember which of the two in this thread I started with. :)
http://offramp.endofinternet.net/Character-Sheets.pdf

Changes:
Left out the city sheets.
Switched the order of the pages, the one you'll use during play is now on top for those who like to use electronic character sheets at the table.
Changed the font to the one used for text in the books.
Changed the text color to black.

If you're looking for a small, very fast replacement for Acrobat Reader, try Foxit.  Newer versions aren't reading the Jenson font and replace it
with a default, so I'm using version 2.3.
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/index.php

Thank you very much!
in omnia peratus! ... wait a minute! ... to give anybody a rucksack? ... DAMN CORRESPONDENCE COURSE!

Offline ryanroyce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2010, 10:13:50 PM »
Am I the only one getting a message saying that "This document contained certain rights [and] has been changed since it was created and these rights are no longer valid.  Please contact the author for the original version..."?

???
"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it." - Voltaire

Offline Saedar

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2010, 12:11:49 AM »
I also got this message.

Offline ryanroyce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2010, 01:49:17 AM »
Seems like CableRouter's version only works with Foxit, not Adobe.  Not a big deal, but something worth noting.
"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it." - Voltaire

Offline CableRouter

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2010, 03:41:50 AM »
Oops, was playing with it and had it filled out for a character, used Foxit to delete the fields and Adobe pitches a fit. 

Ok, resaved it with Acrobat and reupped it to the site, same link as above but it should work with Acrobat Reader now!