Author Topic: Rules Question about Feeding Dependency  (Read 1715 times)

Offline Carabas

• Participant
    • View Profile
Rules Question about Feeding Dependency
« on: April 07, 2010, 12:41:52 PM »
For feeding dependency under the heading: "Failure Recovery", it reads:

In either case (opting out of a scene or forcefully killing a victim), your hunger stress clears out completely, and any consequences that resulted from feeding failure vanish regardless of the usual recovery time.

Is that correct? Opting out of a scene gives you back one point of your powers, killing a victim gives gives you back all of your powers.
But why should opting out of a scene remove all consequences and clear out the hunger stress?

Could somebody explain that to me?

Offline Ihadris

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Rules Question about Feeding Dependency
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 02:33:39 PM »
I beleive that it is assumed your character goes off to feed safely and thus make up for the use of their powers during the previous scenes.

The killing a victim by feeding is the "emergency" way out. Sacrafice yourself for the party since you'd become an NPC after feeding in such a way.

Offline Korwin

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 03:17:45 PM »
I beleive that it is assumed your character goes off to feed safely and thus make up for the use of their powers during the previous scenes.

The killing a victim by feeding is the "emergency" way out. Sacrafice yourself for the party since you'd become an NPC after feeding in such a way.

Um, only if Red Vamp. Infected...
Otherwise you couldnt play an White Court Vamp. to begin with...

Offline Carabas

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 10:28:42 PM »

This is quite evident from the text, and doesn't really answer my question. :(

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 01:30:48 AM »
The logic basically runs to: Opting out of a scene sucks. You sit on your thumbs and do crap all while everyone else has fun. You're the guy who gets sent out to get the pizza. Why not give it a nice benefit?
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/