Author Topic: signators of the accord and accord cities [many questions]  (Read 5023 times)

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: signators of the accord and accord cities [many questions]
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 08:32:41 AM »
As a rule, I think they're vaguely under the White Council's authority in an "all humanity is under our authority" way, but the Council is no more responsible for their actions than those of a vanilla mortal vampire hunter.

Which means they may not have to follow the Accords, but they're not really protected by them either. Which is likely to get them very dead if they trifle with certain beings.

Offline Knave

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 04:02:26 PM »
I think that's it exactly.  Non-wizards are neither bound nor protected by the Accords.  So the Council can bring them into line (i.e. induct or kill them) without fear of repurcussions from the other signatories.  You could argue that the White Council's behaviour might be viewed (especially by an alien/fae mindset) as pretty much the same as the behaviour of the vampire courts - albeit with a more limited victim set.

- on your Summer sorta good / Winter sorta bad point, that's great.  I just can't wait for a player to take that perspective though, because imo if you play with either long enough either will eat you.  Summer is just prettier and Winter is cruel.

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
  • A Wizard is as a Wizard does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 06:28:38 PM »
I have a really addendum question to question 1: Has the Venatori Umbrorum signed the Accords?

My guess is that they haven't being monster hunters and stuff, but I want to be sure.
www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-emerald-city  (Nov 2012 Campaign of The Month)

fate-accelerated-star-wars-the-infinite-empire.obsidianportal.com/
(June 2016 Campaign of The Month)

My name is Lanodantheon Thul, Conjure that by your own risk....But first, you have be able to spell it...

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 06:37:43 PM »
I don't think so. But, as an organization, at least according to Backup, they likely have a certain...protection from being summarily destroyed or anything like that. They have backers.

Offline Knave

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 11:20:20 PM »
Both the Fellowship and Venatori seem very odd organizations to have as signatories given their antagonistic positions towards other supernatural 'nations'.  I guess if they had the backing they could well be, and just have declared war on their targets.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 11:25:32 PM »
Oh, I don't think they're signatories at all. I was just talking about why they might still not be in existence despite not having signed.