Author Topic: Final Refresh Level = Max Fate Points? Or just starting points?  (Read 2018 times)

Offline JosephKell

• Conversationalist
  • Total Refresh Cost: +2 (Pure Mortal)
    • View Profile
I have read the SotC Fate 3.0 rules and in it PCs "refresh" to 5 when a new story begins, unless they have more than the 5 (i.e. they don't lose extra points).

In the Dresden Files can characters store up fate points beyond their Total Refresh Level?  I.e. can a character with a Total Refresh of 1 be compelled into having more than 1 fate point?
If you have to ask, it probably breaks a Law of Magic.  You're just trying to get the Doom of Damocles.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: Final Refresh Level = Max Fate Points? Or just starting points?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 10:50:38 PM »
Yes, you can store an amount beyond that level, though if people hoard them too much I am inclined to tell a GM to reset everyone's totals whenever a major milestone hits, or something like that. :)
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Bosh

• Conversationalist
  • Seoulite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 12:05:40 AM »
If the players are hoarding that many FATE points then there is obvioulsy a tragic shortage of ghouls trying to eat their faces.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 12:07:44 AM »
If the players are hoarding that many FATE points then there is obvioulsy a tragic shortage of ghouls trying to eat their faces.

This.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline SaintAndSinner

• Conversationalist
  • Dresden Files Playtester (Bleeding Alpha)
    • View Profile
    • A Saint And A Sinner
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 12:16:22 AM »

Its so sad.  A tragic shortage.  Surely the GM will be able to help them with this, and soon.   ::)
"Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart."
Blessed Mother Teresa, Ora Pro Nobis

Offline JosephKell

• Conversationalist
  • Total Refresh Cost: +2 (Pure Mortal)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 03:32:54 AM »
I am just trying to get all my questions answered before I teach my friends how the game works this Thursday.

So there have been no ghouls trying to eat faces (yet).
If you have to ask, it probably breaks a Law of Magic.  You're just trying to get the Doom of Damocles.