Author Topic: Harry's Stats plus Assorted Other Stat Revisions (Small Favor through Cold Days)  (Read 171474 times)

Offline Mal_Luck

• Posty McPostington
  • The Trope Master
    • View Profile
I love Fix  :D

I have a small mechanics question I was hoping you could answer, with defensive Enchanted Items do you have to pick Block or Armor when they are created? The example for Harry's Duster on page 303 in the updated pdfs makes me think that you have to choose...
DV Mal_Luck v1.2 YR3 FR1 BK++++ RP++++ JB TH(+++) WG(-) CL SW(+) BC(++) MC(--) SH [Molly+++ Murphy++]

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Then it's mistaken, probably a holdover from the pre-revision rules. You in no way have to choose, Fred and the other folks at Evil Hat have been very clear on that.

Offline Mal_Luck

• Posty McPostington
  • The Trope Master
    • View Profile
Then it's mistaken, probably a holdover from the pre-revision rules. You in no way have to choose, Fred and the other folks at Evil Hat have been very clear on that.
Thankies
DV Mal_Luck v1.2 YR3 FR1 BK++++ RP++++ JB TH(+++) WG(-) CL SW(+) BC(++) MC(--) SH [Molly+++ Murphy++]

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Awesome stuff.

Name: Lloyd Slate
The Catch is trappings of Winter [+1]

Shouldn't that be "trappings of Summer"?

Offline Esoteric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Shouldn't that be "trappings of Summer"?

No, while he was traitorous, he was still the Winter knight

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
No, vultur's right. It's a Catch and it's intended to be the opposing Court, I copied and pasted it and forgot to change it (though I've fixed it now). Thanks, vultur.

In fact, thanks to everyone who points out my mistakes, I greatly appreciate the help.  :)

Offline Vash the white

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
wouldnt thomas have a decent contacts, he does know people in high places
"THIS WORLD IS MADE OF! LOVE AND PEACE!LOVE AND PEACE!"

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
No, he knows Lara (who's a specific NPC, and covered by an Aspect), and she knows people in high places.

Offline Vash the white

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
ah, so say one person spent a lot of time in the nevernever, with people who know people in high places, would that work the same?

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but knowing more than a couple of important or useful people is very much the domain of Contacts. Knowing one or two individuals (no matter who they know), is doable without Contacts (particularly with an Aspect), but more than that starts to be an issue.

Offline Vash the white

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
works for me, thank you

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
I've done some speculative post-Changes Stat Updates for Carlos Ramirez. Here they are:

Post Turn Coat and Changes I'd probably say his Conviction has gone up to Superb, his Lore to Great, and that he's gotten a level of Refinement (granting a Water Control of +2 and a protective item not unlike Harry's coat). This ups him to a 7 shift Water Evocater, though all this is highly speculative of course.

Offline Tush Hog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Would Carlos' Resilient self image stunt be usable for taking consequences during spellcasting? It reads like it is only intended for torture and the like.

Tbora

What is Lea stated up, I assume she would be Eldest Brother Gruffs over all equal.

Offline luminos

• Posty McPostington
  • Um... Hello?
    • View Profile
Well, seeing as Mab says Lea is only second to her in all of Winter in terms of power, I'd put her as more powerful than Eldest Brother Gruff, possibly plot device level.
Lawful Chaotic