Author Topic: Looking for Critique Exchange  (Read 1193 times)

Offline Kiriath

• Conversationalist
  • We rise or fall...
    • View Profile
    • Sa Souvraya Niende Misain Ye
Looking for Critique Exchange
« on: April 04, 2010, 10:01:40 PM »
All right, I'm in a pretty strange position here. I've written three books. I dumped one for the foreseeable future and am heavily editing the second one, because I think I can bring this thing to publication. But it's going to take a serious lot of work.

At the same time, I'm writing one other book, a fantasy novel about a witch hunter, a dominatrix, conspiracies and the end of the world. I have one almost on its way to writeable, a cyberpunk novel about a not-Brazil where an Angel Investigations style team finds themselves up against a corporation who wants to control the city. This isn't counting ... well, several other ideas. Like the cold war of bugs, a vague idea about graverobbers and a manipulative sorceress, and, the newest idea, dark urban fantasy set in Berlin in 1871.

If the ideas sound good, write your own! :D

I'm looking for someone in the same position - someone who spent the effort to write two or three books, and might be on their way to publication. I'm looking for someone who's aware that it's a long damn process, and it might not even get anywhere for all the work you put into it.

Sorry if I sound picky as hell, but it isn't a search for a beta reader, it's a search for a little more. It's worth a shot. I'm looking for someone reliable who writes completely demented, and dark, books. Reply to the thread, check out my livejournal, or something. Any takers?
Dr. Juruna: What doth it profit a man to gain the whole world and suffer the loss of his own soul?
Dr. Haas: Well, he profits by one entire world for starters...
A Miracle of Science

Bonded to the Traveler of the Ways

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Critique Exchange
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 10:07:19 PM »
Actually, your ideas sound neat and I'd be up for it, but I honestly don't have time.  I'm working hard on my own work, with an eye toward sending it out to agents by summer and the rewrite/editing process isn't going to leave me much time to read and critique someone else's stuff.

Good luck, tho!
We don't get just one life.  We get as many as we can cram into one lifetime.

Visit my page! JessaLynch.com