Author Topic: eBooks for Jim-butcher.com?  (Read 1449 times)

Offline Ryan_Singer

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
eBooks for Jim-butcher.com?
« on: April 02, 2010, 04:17:56 PM »
Hi Jim,

I know that you probably weren't involved in the decision, but everyone who had pre-ordered your newest book on their kindle just had their order cancelled when your publisher de-listed the ebook. I'm a huge fan, and changed my preorder to a hardcover so that I can still read it, but I am still massively disappointed.

I don't like keeping hardcover books around my small apartment, so I will probably sell this book after I'm done reading it. I've re-read your other novels on the Kindle at least 2 times each.

I'd like to suggest that, until your publisher gets their shit together about kindle books, you host an ebook for Changes on your website. I would gladly paypal $5 to get a copy of Changes as epub, or even a PDF.

I'm very much looking forward to the new book. Have a nice day.

--
Ryan Singer

Offline svb1972

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: eBooks for Jim-butcher.com?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 04:35:22 PM »
Well, he certainly can't host an ebook on his own website and cut out his publisher.  That just wouldn't work.  But, I wonder if his publisher would be willing to work out a distribution deal with him for E-books.  Where he could sell the ebooks from his store, in the same way that other e-book sellers do?

He gets the retail cut, gives the rest to his publisher, who then turns aroudn and gives him his royalties for it.

If Pudgit Books can sell ebooks of changes, why can't Iago?

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 07:35:54 PM »
I believe there is another post here somewhere that says that the price is changing or something so the listing was taken down...

is this the price you originally found?
http://www.amazon.com/Turn-Coat-ebook/dp/B001V6P124
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 07:57:14 PM »
Hi Jim,

I know that you probably weren't involved in the decision, but everyone who had pre-ordered your newest book on their kindle just had their order cancelled when your publisher de-listed the ebook. I'm a huge fan, and changed my preorder to a hardcover so that I can still read it, but I am still massively disappointed.

I don't like keeping hardcover books around my small apartment, so I will probably sell this book after I'm done reading it. I've re-read your other novels on the Kindle at least 2 times each.

I'd like to suggest that, until your publisher gets their shit together about kindle books, you host an ebook for Changes on your website. I would gladly paypal $5 to get a copy of Changes as epub, or even a PDF.

I'm very much looking forward to the new book. Have a nice day.

--
Ryan Singer

Dude, it happened across the board - i.e., Changes was NOT alone in getting de-Kindled.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.