Author Topic: Amazon Link for non-US sites in the Jim-Butcher.Com Store?  (Read 1184 times)

Offline nylly

• Lurker
  • life is what happens while you make other plans
    • View Profile
Amazon Link for non-US sites in the Jim-Butcher.Com Store?
« on: March 31, 2010, 07:30:02 PM »
I was wondering if those Amazon links from the store for Jim's books work for Amazon.com only or if there was a way for non US people to support the forum via Amazon in other countries?

I usually buy his books on Amazon.de for instance but I don't see the links working for that.

Might be worth looking at user stats to see where it might make sense to link to other amazon sites...

Just a thought :)

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: Amazon Link for non-US sites in the Jim-Butcher.Com Store?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 07:35:33 PM »
The problem is that that requires paperwork and sign-up with the referral program in each separate country for what amounts to a very small trickle of income for the site. Given how vanishingly small the money that's come in through the amazon.co.uk one I set up, I'm not strongly motivated to do the same for more countries (not to mention the impact it has on our screen real-estate and the visual clutter more links would create).
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/