Author Topic: Organization  (Read 1260 times)

Offline srl51676

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Organization
« on: March 31, 2010, 08:04:01 AM »
Quick question do the Wardens or White Council have hierarchical structure beyond the obvious do the Wizards and Wardens break up into more names ranks?

WC
Merlin...Senior Council Member...Wizard....Aprentice

Wardens
Captain (Lucio)...Field Commander (Morgan)....Regional Commander (Harry)....Warden.
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.
"The world wants to be deceived, so let it be deceived."

Offline blackheart

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Organization
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 01:13:43 PM »
Well, I suppose if you have a century of service under your red stole, you could be formally addressed as "Senior Wizard".
But as for actual titles or ranks, I can't recall any specific instances.

Having said that, I could easily see a stratifed organizantion like the Council having titles such as "Enchanter" or such.
And I see no reason not to add some of your own.
"How do you carjack a Death Star?"
Gina Diggers, Gold Digger #99

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
  • A Wizard is as a Wizard does...
    • View Profile
Re: Organization
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 05:25:58 PM »
I personally think that your game of TDFRPG is your take on the Dresdenverse. If you want more hierarchy, then do it.

As for evidence of such from the books, there isn't much. I attribute this to 2 factors:

1) There isn't much in the White Council. Apprentice, Initiate, Senior Council, Merlin. Very simple. There are stole designations for master enchanters, alchemists, etc but no actual titles like "Enchanter Barnaby" or "Summoner Siegfried" or whatever because that would complicate things.

2) [More important] Harry is an unreliable narrator. From minute one of the Council meeting in SK, Harry has admitted that he is both amazed at the White Council and doesn't know what the hell is going on half the time. During Council meetings, Harry translates the Latin, but we all know how bad it is. They might actually use terms like Master, Thaumaturgist, etc in common parlance during meetings and to refer to one another but Harry doesn't let us know that because in Latin they are all synonyms for "Wizard" to him. He also finds every reason in the world to not learn more about the Council because it doesn't affect him.

That's my answer.
www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-emerald-city  (Nov 2012 Campaign of The Month)

fate-accelerated-star-wars-the-infinite-empire.obsidianportal.com/
(June 2016 Campaign of The Month)

My name is Lanodantheon Thul, Conjure that by your own risk....But first, you have be able to spell it...