Author Topic: Dresden Files: Series Timeline  (Read 351113 times)

Offline Tami Seven

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Dresden Files: Series Timeline
« Reply #690 on: October 23, 2015, 02:52:05 PM »
Victor Sell's children, are they listed on the timeline? Not sure how old they were in Storm Front.
War Cry -
"Thomas doesn't fight back, not even for an instant. In the end, it's not common sense that pulls me back from the brink, or even fear of being devoured by the Shoggoth....It's the look of unshakeable trust in my Brother's eyes, even as my hands tighten around his throat."

Offline Tami Seven

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 23, 2015, 02:58:33 PM »
Not sure I saw them on the timeline, so in case they are not, I believe that Yuki Yosomori is about the same age as Carlos and Wild Bill Meyers is about a year younger.
War Cry -
"Thomas doesn't fight back, not even for an instant. In the end, it's not common sense that pulls me back from the brink, or even fear of being devoured by the Shoggoth....It's the look of unshakeable trust in my Brother's eyes, even as my hands tighten around his throat."

Offline Lawgiver

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: October 30, 2015, 08:53:46 PM »
Victor Sell's children, are they listed on the timeline? Not sure how old they were in Storm Front.
Page 43, post #657.  Exact ages aren't given in text, but close approximations are given.

Jenny was about roughly 12-13 and Billy ('a year or two younger') would have been ~10.
"Sufficiently advanced technology," my ass.

Offline ZMiles

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 10, 2016, 07:55:27 AM »
Any thoughts on where Jury Duty, the short story in the anthology 'Unbound', fits in? I imagine it's after Skin Game, since it has Harry moving his stuff from Demonreach into Molly's apartment?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 07:57:45 AM by ZMiles »

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 16, 2016, 07:36:04 AM »
What about Elaine?  She is starborn and it appears from their conversations together that Harry and Elaine are the same age or very close to it.  Was she born on the same day that Harry was?
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #695 on: June 16, 2016, 02:13:06 PM »
What about Elaine?  She is starborn and it appears from their conversations together that Harry and Elaine are the same age or very close to it.  Was she born on the same day that Harry was?
Not the same day. I think either WOJ or the books say it was within a few months, though.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 28, 2016, 10:57:07 AM »
How old was Malcolm when he died?  This is how I Worked the math. Him being a little older than Copperfield puts Malcolm being born between 1950 and 1955. Harry was 6 when Malcolm died. So, 19 years before SF which takes place in 2001. That would be 1982-ish.  So, Malcolm was between 27 and 32 when he died. He would have been between 20 and 25 when Harry was conceived. Am I off or is there a way to narrow it down ?
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 09, 2016, 01:17:15 AM »
I just came across this WoJ that gives an unsure date for Margret's mother's death (and thus a bracket on her birth)

Quote from: 2012 Beaver Creek signing
ARE WE EVER GOING TO MEET LEFAY'S MOTHER?

As in Ebenezar's wife?  Well, not unless we go back and do the French and Indian War thing probably.

ARE WE GOING TO FIND OUT WHO SHE IS?

She was a mortal.  She died somewhere around 1810 I think.  I've got it all written down somewhere.  Plus I can check Wikipedia.  I often look at Wikipedia before I go somewhere else.  Because you guys keep track of it way better than I do.  I mean, by the time Im done with a book, I've seen 7 or 8 slightly different versions, and then maybe 2 or 3 versions that I chose not to write, so by the time you get to Book 13 of the series, that's 13 times 12 - that many different versions of the book so it starts getting hard to do the book-keeping in my head with all of that - so I go to Wikipedia - which is great.

This WoJ seems to confirm that the 1812 New Madrid earthquake already on the timeline was associated with her death.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 03:47:59 PM by Serack »
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Tami Seven

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 10, 2016, 10:52:32 AM »
Which gives us an age for Margaret, since she'd then have probably been born around 1800 (give or take 2 years).
War Cry -

Offline knnn

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 10, 2016, 11:48:44 AM »
Two new dates in the timeline are the "birth" of Mavra ~600 years ago and Ebenezer becoming the  Blackstaff in 1884-5.

Edit: corrected
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 03:13:53 PM by knnn »
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #700 on: July 10, 2016, 04:11:17 PM »
Which gives us an age for Margaret, since she'd then have probably been born around 1800 (give or take 2 years).

It certainly gives us a tidy age range! While we don't yet know exactly how old she was when her mother died, that WoJ makes me believe she was no older than her early teens, so she was likely born sometime between 1797 and 1810.  What most interests me is that this means she and Luccio are close to the same age. :D

Two new dates in the timeline are the "birth" of Mavra ~600 years ago and Ebenezer becoming the  Blackstaff in 1885-6.

Source?

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Tami Seven

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: July 11, 2016, 02:26:19 PM »
It certainly gives us a tidy age range! While we don't yet know exactly how old she was when her mother died, that WoJ makes me believe she was no older than her early teens, so she was likely born sometime between 1797 and 1810.  What most interests me is that this means she and Luccio are close to the same age. :D

Source?

Might be worth adding to the timeline, along with the Luccio Entry, "Circa 1800" a mention of Margaret's Birth.
War Cry -

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #703 on: July 11, 2016, 05:53:22 PM »
Might be worth adding to the timeline, along with the Luccio Entry, "Circa 1800" a mention of Margaret's Birth.

I did so yesterday. :D

Offline knnn

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: July 11, 2016, 06:43:07 PM »
Time stamped link in new Q&A podcast for Eb gaining blackstaff

Timestamped link to Mavra WoJ (it covers a little more than her age, which is at the end of that answer)

Looking at Wikipedia, Krakatoa happened in 1883, so either Jim was mistaken about Eb's getting the Blackstaff, or there's some time-shenanigans going on (not completely crazy, since it sounds a little like what might have happened had the "banefire" gone off).

Either way, this seems to have been one of the first missions of Ebenezer as Blackstaff (perhaps the one in which his predecessor died?).

DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html