Author Topic: Dresden Files: Series Timeline  (Read 354727 times)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Dresden Files: Series Timeline
« Reply #585 on: April 24, 2014, 05:22:40 PM »
Harry's coat pockets must be bigger on the inside.
Bag of holding
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Sharlee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 24, 2014, 06:25:35 PM »
Hmmm.  Judging by various Tibetan mastiff puppy-pics online, Mouse probably wouldn't even have been weaned yet if he really was small enough to fit in a coat pocket.  Probably we should disregard size and possibly paper-training -- Mouse is smart, he could learn about hygiene early -- and go by his ability to eat puppy chow, a dry food.  That'd make him at least six weeks old when Harry brought him home.

So that would place Mouse's birthday in early autumn of the series' fourth year.

Offline phoenixjustice

• Conversationalist
  • I believe in you, Spike.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 24, 2014, 11:28:46 PM »

DV PhoenixJusticev1.2YR9FR(M)6, BK++, RP, JB+, TH++, WG++, CL++, SW+, BC+, MC+++++, SH(Lash++, Murphy++,Molly+++,Morgan++,Marcone++, Kincaid++, Bob++, Mavra----, Nic+, DF OTP ++++)

Offline Longfellow

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 24, 2014, 11:52:48 PM »
This is a Tibetan Mastiff at 10 weeks. :D

Yeah...NOT!

At 8 weeks, when most dogs are weened, a large breed dog like Tibetan Mastiffs, Newfoundlands, Great Dane's, they are still half the size of that dog in the picture. 
Got malk?

Offline Sharlee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 25, 2014, 07:10:33 PM »
Another tidbit:

- In Ghost Story, Nick Christian tells Fitz he's been working on missing-child cases for thirty years.  That would place his first missing-kid investigation ~18 years BSF.

Offline Sharlee

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 27, 2014, 04:57:03 PM »
Here's a couple of flashbacks from the short stories:

- Harry gives Molly her first lesson in thaumaturgy a couple of nights after Proven Guilty, showing her how his tracking spell could use dog hairs as a link to locate Mouse (from "Bombshells").

- Harry's investigation of the boogeyman from "AAAA Wizardry" took place at least one year before he lectures on this topic to the junior Wardens.  (Deduced from the fact that he tells them it took the mother a year to recover from the conflict's psychic aftereffects.)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #591 on: April 29, 2014, 07:33:39 PM »
Added! Thanks, all!

I've also added Skin Game, which takes place in late February of 14 ASF, a little shy of a year and a half after Cold Days.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 06, 2014, 06:33:14 PM »
Demonreach had a fishing settlement founded, abandoned, and subsequently expunged from all records in the "Late 19th Century"

<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 22, 2014, 03:36:39 AM »
Also, Baby Borden would have been born two months after Changes, assuming no complications.  Georgia was 7 months pregnant in Aftermath.   

Anyone know if name or gender has ever been mentioned?
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #594 on: May 22, 2014, 04:08:38 AM »
Also, Baby Borden would have been born two months after Changes, assuming no complications.  Georgia was 7 months pregnant in Aftermath.   

Anyone know if name or gender has ever been mentioned?

WoJ is girl. No name, as far as I'm aware.

Offline lilylis

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 30, 2014, 02:37:40 PM »
WoJ is girl. No name, as far as I'm aware.
perhaps it's in the timeline and I'm just not seeing it...but where is Maggie LeFae's birtdate
"I have a monster under my bed, and it's Mouse.…There was another one there but me and Mouse slayerized it. --Maggie Dresden

Offline Tami Seven

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 30, 2014, 02:44:36 PM »
perhaps it's in the timeline and I'm just not seeing it...but where is Maggie LeFae's birtdate

I don't think there is enough information to get that specific.
War Cry -
"Thomas doesn't fight back, not even for an instant. In the end, it's not common sense that pulls me back from the brink, or even fear of being devoured by the Shoggoth....It's the look of unshakeable trust in my Brother's eyes, even as my hands tighten around his throat."

Offline lilylis

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 30, 2014, 03:24:22 PM »
I don't think there is enough information to get that specific.
So sometime after Eb reached maturity and possibly a score of years before Thomas was born
"I have a monster under my bed, and it's Mouse.…There was another one there but me and Mouse slayerized it. --Maggie Dresden

Offline Tami Seven

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 30, 2014, 05:24:37 PM »
Skin Game gives us a few new additions to the timeline, including the 'birth' of 'Harriet' (official name yet to be determined). And the death of Deirdre. 
War Cry -
"Thomas doesn't fight back, not even for an instant. In the end, it's not common sense that pulls me back from the brink, or even fear of being devoured by the Shoggoth....It's the look of unshakeable trust in my Brother's eyes, even as my hands tighten around his throat."

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 31, 2014, 02:55:08 AM »
I know I'm being picky here, but ... you have SG in February.  Typically the ice on the Great Lakes doesn't start breaking up until March. 

"Your friends have been trying to visit you for several weeks, but the lake ice has held unusually long this year. Alas.”

Butcher, Jim (2014-05-27). Skin Game: A Novel of the Dresden Files (p. 9). Penguin Group US. Kindle Edition.

This year, they brought in an Ice Breaker to break the ice.  I could totally see the ice being a problem until late March or early April if Mab is taking a hand in it.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---