Author Topic: The SPOILERIFIC Ask Robert Wolfe Thread-The Series, in General  (Read 126165 times)

Offline Robert Wolfe

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • ExIsle Net
Re: The SPOILERIFIC Ask Robert Wolfe Thread-The Series, in General
« Reply #270 on: April 17, 2007, 03:17:55 AM »
When is the 2 hour stormfront going to be shown????

That'd be on my list of things I have no clue about as well.  Summer?

Offline MisterSkippy

• Participant
    • View Profile
How was the series filmed?
« Reply #271 on: April 18, 2007, 02:52:30 PM »
This hit me last night.  I recently got HDTV at my home, and upgraded the DTV setup to accommodate that fact.  Among the channels you get with the HD package is Universal HD, which is shows from the Universal line up.   Ones I have notably caught were re-runs of Enterprise, and an episode of BSG, and an episode of SG:Atlantis.

I was wondering, was the series filmed in such a way that an HD rendition would be possible?  What ratio was it actually filmed in?  Things like that?  I'm curious because whereas I havent bought into either of the HD formats for discs (HD-DVD v. Blu Ray), I would love to see the series in HD.

Offline sftv

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: How was the series filmed?
« Reply #272 on: April 18, 2007, 07:31:58 PM »
I would love to see the series in HD.

They have been showing the series on Sky HD in the UK concurrent with the show's airing on Sky One.  That would indicate they have an HD version of the show availalable.

Lee Whiteside
SFTV.org

Offline If I was Bob...

• Participant
  • I will be back in my skull if you need me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 19, 2007, 12:17:22 AM »
That'd be on my list of things I have no clue about as well.  Summer?
Thanks, please us know as soon as you hear something. By the way have you heard anything about the DVD???

Please, before you submit a question, take a moment to browse through the past few pages of entries to see if it has already been answered.  Robert addressed your question ten days ago.  Have some respect for Robert's busy schedule.  I'm sure the information will be widely repeated here and on the SciFi channel website as soon as it is made public. --Priscilla
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 04:58:05 PM by Priscellie »
If I was Bob I would say: "How about we do a positive-side spin, then? Something like, 'Maidens rescued, enchantments broken, villains unmasked, unicorns protected.'"

Offline CCB5Dresdenfan1

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 19, 2007, 11:16:57 PM »
Robert, if you see this, I want to add my voice to say thank you so much for what you, Paul, Terrence, Valerie and all the people behind the scenes for the great episodes you did produce, for getting me into a new fandom, reading all 9 books, and everything. I so very fervently hope we get a 2nd season, and that we get to see more of Harry Dresden's world. Which I have grown to love. Good luck on 4400, and I so very much hope you will be coming back. I have written my letters, online and postal, and done what I could. I send love to all of you. And hope that sign on Harry's door won't be prophetic.

Offline Robert Wolfe

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • ExIsle Net
« Reply #275 on: April 20, 2007, 04:33:48 PM »
This hit me last night.  I recently got HDTV at my home, and upgraded the DTV setup to accommodate that fact.  Among the channels you get with the HD package is Universal HD, which is shows from the Universal line up.   Ones I have notably caught were re-runs of Enterprise, and an episode of BSG, and an episode of SG:Atlantis.

I was wondering, was the series filmed in such a way that an HD rendition would be possible?  What ratio was it actually filmed in?  Things like that?  I'm curious because whereas I havent bought into either of the HD formats for discs (HD-DVD v. Blu Ray), I would love to see the series in HD.

TDF was shot in super 16 then transferred to digital for post.  We have a 16:9 aspect ratio, so we're very much HD friendly. you may see a bit of grain in certain situations, but that's part of our charm.  =P

Offline Robert Wolfe

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • ExIsle Net
« Reply #276 on: April 20, 2007, 04:34:45 PM »
Robert, if you see this, I want to add my voice to say thank you so much for what you, Paul, Terrence, Valerie and all the people behind the scenes for the great episodes you did produce, for getting me into a new fandom, reading all 9 books, and everything. I so very fervently hope we get a 2nd season, and that we get to see more of Harry Dresden's world. Which I have grown to love. Good luck on 4400, and I so very much hope you will be coming back. I have written my letters, online and postal, and done what I could. I send love to all of you. And hope that sign on Harry's door won't be prophetic.

Thanks for the kind words and the positive thoughts!  And that goes for everyone who's posted nice things here.

Offline John T. Folden

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • The FRiNGE Element - FOX TV Series fan site
« Reply #277 on: April 20, 2007, 05:51:04 PM »
TDF was shot in super 16 then transferred to digital for post.  We have a 16:9 aspect ratio, so we're very much HD friendly. you may see a bit of grain in certain situations, but that's part of our charm.  =P

As someone who has been lucky enough to see samples of the HD version as aired by SkyOneHD in the UK, I'd say it scales up very nicely. Any grain that might be noticeable on occasion is no big deal. A lot of shows add that 'gritty' appearance on purpose.  ;D
http://dresdencity.org
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't a network executive about to eat your favorite TV show..
http://the-fringe-element.com

Offline tud

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 21, 2007, 12:45:57 PM »
Returning to the issue of the series hewing to the novels  was it just me or did anyone else get a distinct feeling that Second city bore an striking resemblence to "Fool Moon"? I mean instead of the wold belts you had the branding iron but the theme was much the same and the BI was a gift given to a cop by someone else...

Either way, I loved the ep and in fact, with only one exception, the entire first season...I didn't much care for Bad blood because it didn't have murphy in it. For some reason, this series really works with all three leads involved..nice chemistry between Mr. BlackStone and Ms. Cruz and nice chemistry between Mr. Blackstone and Mr. Mann (Who, IMHO steals every scene he's in.) Fabulous work on the part of all three.

tud

Offline Darkling

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Darklings we listen
« Reply #279 on: April 23, 2007, 12:33:37 AM »

Yet another question about Bob...

Can he go invisible?   I know he hides whenever there's company that isn't supposed to know of proof of the supernatural or he'll go back through the wall to the lab or into his skull but Harry had him spy for him in Things that go bump and I'd like to know how he managed that without the Wardens spotting him peeking through a wall.   

« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 12:35:43 AM by Darkling »
'The night holds more than darkness and the stars.' - The San Francisco version of the Lestat musical.

Offline Rel Fexive

• Conversationalist
  • Shadow Sorcerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 23, 2007, 07:18:06 PM »
If he could go invisible, why would he keep needing to go into another room when people come visiting?
THE DOCTOR: I'll do a thing.
RIVER SONG: What thing?
THE DOCTOR: I don't know. It's a thing in progress. Respect the thing!

Offline Darkling

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Darklings we listen
« Reply #281 on: April 23, 2007, 07:22:01 PM »
If he could go invisible, why would he keep needing to go into another room when people come visiting?

That's why I'm asking.  How exactly did he sply without anyone noticing?

'The night holds more than darkness and the stars.' - The San Francisco version of the Lestat musical.

Offline mime64

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 23, 2007, 11:25:17 PM »
Ok, wait. Since episode 8 was basically the plot of Storm Front, does this mean we won't be getting a two hour movie?

Offline Bob

• Posty McPostington
  • The Snark Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 24, 2007, 08:47:06 PM »
That's why I'm asking.  How exactly did he sply without anyone noticing?

Come up out of the floor just to eye level under a piece of furniture.

Look down out of the ceiling.

If his shape-assuming power works on inanimate objects, pretend to be a floor lamp  :)

Also, he cold have Harry sculpt a bust of him, then just occupy it as needed.

OK, now I'm being silly.  My bad.
Solve a man's problem with violence, help him for a day.  Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime!

Offline Darkling

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Darklings we listen
« Reply #284 on: April 24, 2007, 08:56:29 PM »

Also, he cold have Harry sculpt a bust of him, then just occupy it as needed.

OK, now I'm being silly.  My bad.

You've spent far too much time in Disney World.