Author Topic: What are the Power Levels?  (Read 4658 times)

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: What are the Power Levels?
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 04:00:22 AM »
Out of curiosity, what is the assumed rate of Refresh increase? A point every 10 sessions? Every 20 sessions? Or is it more of a "when you feel like it" type thing?
We have an entire chapter that talks about this. It'll depend heavily on the GM's perspective on what constitutes a major milestone in the story of the game.  We view each Harry novel as *roughly* 1 refresh point, though I'm not 100% certain that scans 1 for 1.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2010, 04:00:32 AM »
Stunts cost Refresh. Logically, that would seem to imply that Stunts are not their own form of advancement, but a result of Refresh advancement.
Correct.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline blackheart

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 03:49:49 PM »
I didn't post a reply to your answer Fred, so here:
Thank-you very much for posting this.

Man, I thought my mom taught me better than this.  :-[
"How do you carjack a Death Star?"
Gina Diggers, Gold Digger #99

Offline TheMouse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 06:29:22 PM »
We have an entire chapter that talks about this. It'll depend heavily on the GM's perspective on what constitutes a major milestone in the story of the game.  We view each Harry novel as *roughly* 1 refresh point, though I'm not 100% certain that scans 1 for 1.

That makes sense.

I'm really glad that we're finally getting some well thought out advancement rules for FATE. It's been the only point of contention between my players and I. Most of them like seeing their character grow mechanically, and I have been lacking suitable, non hand wavy guidelines.

I'm really looking forward to this.

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 04:36:14 AM »
We view each Harry novel as *roughly* 1 refresh point, though I'm not 100% certain that scans 1 for 1.

Wow... he's pretty high Refresh-cost even in the Storm Front stats we've seen. But then, he has improved his skills dramatically (especially in the more finesse-y stuff like Little Chicago), and things like Soulfire must be pretty expensive.