Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1103571 times)

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
  • Take two tablets and call me in the morning.
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #1050 on: July 12, 2010, 04:16:32 PM »
Bob the Skull = Eddie Izzard

Wether or not they do a body.

Offline Araris Dresden

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: July 12, 2010, 04:23:13 PM »
Has Jim ever addressed the Bob must sound British issue? Is it an issue? Does he agree? If Bob takes on personality characteristics of his possessor, shouldn't he also sound like a teenage boy like Harry was when he grabbed him from the ashes? Ivy sounds pretty intense coming from a small child, couldn't Bob sound intelligent without the British accent?

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1052 on: July 12, 2010, 04:25:09 PM »
Ahhh!!! I see your point.

I haven't seen The Last Airbender yet, but I heard it was pretty awesome considering it is kind of targeted at kids.

Just as long as you were not originally a fan of the cartoon... because if you were, you'll be disappointed.
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: July 12, 2010, 04:28:12 PM »
Has Jim ever addressed the Bob must sound British issue? Is it an issue? Does he agree? If Bob takes on personality characteristics of his possessor, shouldn't he also sound like a teenage boy like Harry was when he grabbed him from the ashes? Ivy sounds pretty intense coming from a small child, couldn't Bob sound intelligent without the British accent?

Good point. But not the reason I choose Eddie. I can see Eddie as the perverted romance novel reading type. And Eddie Izzard can sound American, he did in The Riches.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 04:29:46 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: July 12, 2010, 04:32:35 PM »
Sanya = Djimon Hounsou

btw it's rumored that Djimon Hounsou may play Kratos in a God of War movie.

and he is also going to be in Thulsa Doom movie, which is one of the characters from Conan the Barbarian.

granted Djimon Hounsou is not Russian, but does anyone know of an actually big time black russian actor?

Offline Araris Dresden

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: July 12, 2010, 04:33:11 PM »
Good point. But not the reason I choose Eddie. I can see Eddie as the perverted romance novel reading type. And Eddie Izzard can sound American, he did in The Riches.

Not that I am saying "DEATH TO THE BRITS!!" I just don't get that accent when Bob says "They have boooooobs!" I hear teenage boy.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: July 12, 2010, 04:38:00 PM »
Not that I am saying "DEATH TO THE BRITS!!" I just don't get that accent when Bob says "They have boooooobs!" I hear teenage boy.

I guess it all depends on different factors.

1) did you read the books?
2) or did you listen to the audiobooks?
3) did you watch the TV show?

I started off reading the books, then later I finished up with the audiobooks, now I am watching the TV show. So I think the way a person pictures a character is heavily influenced by which medium was used when they became familiar with a character.

But I have to admit, even though I watched the show last, I think Terrence Mann may have some influence on why I would choose Eddie Izzard.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 04:40:57 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #1057 on: July 12, 2010, 04:41:53 PM »
Just as long as you were not originally a fan of the cartoon... because if you were, you'll be disappointed.

really? yipes. I have been looking forward to it. I'm not a fan-fan of the cartoon, but I liked it very much. I hope it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

I've only got two people on my list: Matt Bomer as Thomas, and Alexis Denisof/Michael Weatherly as Harry.

my murphy's (and the rest) still blank. *frown* why is it so hard to cast murph. *sigh*
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]
I'm a classic narcissist - there's just nothing to be narcissistic about.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1058 on: July 12, 2010, 04:57:43 PM »

I adore Eddie Izzard. He would definitely take Bob to a whole 'nother level, with a body or without :)
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1059 on: July 12, 2010, 05:06:26 PM »
really? yipes. I have been looking forward to it. I'm not a fan-fan of the cartoon, but I liked it very much. I hope it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

I'll admit, I'm in love with the cartoon (and yes, I am an adult, I'm 25, and no, that doesn't really matter. Or pertain to this topic, lol.) But I've watched every episode about a million times (yes, I'm exaggerating), and... well, once you see it, you can find all the approvals or complaints on this thread. (The thread was launched the day before the movie's official release and is up to five pages right now.) If you were a hardcore fan of the cartoon, though, yeah, you'll be annoyed. They changed a lot of stuff.

I've only got two people on my list: Matt Bomer as Thomas, and Alexis Denisof/Michael Weatherly as Harry.

Yes, and Yes!!

my murphy's (and the rest) still blank. *frown* why is it so hard to cast murph. *sigh*

Because Murphy's one of those perfectly imperfect characters that readers adore, and because this thread is PERFECT CASTING :)

It just occurred to me that whoever plays Murphy may be required to ride her Harley. (It is a Harley, isn't it? Momentary brain fail). I personally think SMG may be more willing to do that than Elisabeth Rohm will be :)

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: July 12, 2010, 05:14:18 PM »
I'll admit, I'm in love with the cartoon (and yes, I am an adult, I'm 25, and no, that doesn't really matter. Or pertain to this topic, lol.)

I am 28 and I loved the Dragon Ball and DBZ cartoon (never got in DBGT), and I have to say that live action version blew big time. And it even had James Marsters as Piccolo.  :-X

Of course, DBZ came out in 1989 and aired in America in 1999. So I guess I wass like 7 when that show started.  :P

But I also liked Naruto, though I only watched a few here and there.

And I hear Bleach is amazing though I only had time to watch the first episode so far.

And I liked Inu Yasha.

I use to be big into anime but I haven't had time to keep up with it in like the past 10 years. Too much video gaming, reading books, catching up on TV shows and movies and asian movies. I have literally a terabyte of catching up to do.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 05:21:43 PM by MoSeS_ »

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1061 on: July 12, 2010, 06:12:42 PM »
Sanya = Djimon Hounsou

btw it's rumored that Djimon Hounsou may play Kratos in a God of War movie.

Hollywood is REALLY losing it, aren't they?
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 12, 2010, 06:28:22 PM »
Hollywood is REALLY losing it, aren't they?

It is a bit of a stretch considering Kratos is a Spartan, however since Kratos is cursed and covered with the ashes of his dead wife and daughter, it doesn't really matter what color the actor is.

Besides that Kratos speaks english and sounds like a wrestler in the video game which isn't accurate either considering English was not yet invented in Ancient Greece.

Same with movies like Troy, etc.

I liked that in 13th Warrior they worked into the whole english thing as being the percieved language but not actually what they were really speaking.
Fun fact- did you know 13th Warrior was a box office bomb.
I actually liked it a lot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_biggest_box_office_bombs

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1063 on: July 12, 2010, 06:33:38 PM »
I'm upset.  I liked 13th Warrior and Sahara, why are they so high up on the list?  That's just bad.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline uncanny

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 12, 2010, 06:37:12 PM »
Erm.. am I the only one that thought Paul Blackthorne was a great Harry?