Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1113745 times)

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #765 on: June 22, 2010, 06:25:16 PM »
We need Paul Newman in here somew...

Damn, that's right.  Never mind.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline Atanvarno

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: June 22, 2010, 06:30:57 PM »
Man, how much would Paul Newman have rocked as Gentleman Johnny? Yes, his eyes were famously blue, rather than green, but then again, Mr. Newman did make a movie called The Color of Money. We could have worked something out, dang it.

Offline HarryMcCoy

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: June 22, 2010, 07:13:39 PM »
Does anybody watch the show Leverage on TNT? Paul Blackthorne guest starred in the Season 2 finale as a shady businessman, and he just screamed Marcone to me. Would be a nice kick back to the TV series.

And she's a little too old for the role, but Kirsten Nelson who plays Chief Vick on Psych has always screamed Murphy to me. Authoritative, blond hair, short. It could definitely work.

Orlando Bloom for Thomas. Makes sense. Has that appeal to women, has the curly black hair thing. Tall but not abnormally so.

Cilian Murphy for Madrigal Raith. Has that other-worldly, somewhat sinister look. Can definitely see him as a little weasel in White Night.

Ebenezer McCoy- Wilford Brimley. Enough said.

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #768 on: June 22, 2010, 07:14:25 PM »
Geoffry Rush for Morgan.

Offline Atanvarno

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: June 22, 2010, 07:34:00 PM »
Re-reading the thread, I'm now convinced that Kali's earlier choice for Mab, Olivia Williams, would make an excellent Lash. Poised, beautiful, intelligent - just think of what Ms. Williams could do with Lash's breakdown at the end of White Night. Yow.

Offline Ivu

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: June 22, 2010, 07:43:08 PM »
Orlando Bloom for Thomas. Makes sense. Has that appeal to women, has the curly black hair thing. Tall but not abnormally so.
Please no, he's really not a very good actor. He's ruin Thomas, particulairly once we got to the point where he started speaking with a French accent and acting flamoyantly gay.
Geoffry Rush for Morgan.
Hmm, that could work... I sort of like him for McCoy too.

I'm pretty sure this has already been said this, but Morgan Freeman as Uriel, but only when he appears as Jake. Even if I hadn't seen he play God, the man can do pretty much any role. When Uriel appeared in Changes, he had a different appearance, so for that, someone much younger, not sure who...

Offline Thaumologist

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 22, 2010, 07:44:06 PM »
Lee-Ann Liebenberg as Lash. She's the tattoo faced woman in Doomsday, and she exuded danger and loving it.

Offline Sihnon

• Participant
  • Battle School Grad
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 22, 2010, 07:50:02 PM »

Cilian Murphy for Madrigal Raith. Has that other-worldly, somewhat sinister look. Can definitely see him as a little weasel in White Night.

Cilian is good choice for Madrigal.  

But Orlando for Thomas ...sorry, but he is way too short (it says 5'10 on IMBD, ahhh, not a chance maybe 5'8, I've met him in person.)  Also he's only 33.  I think this artist really has a good rendintion of Thomas, next to the actor from "White Collar," Matthew Boomer.  Who is also 33, but looks alot older and his comedic timing is well crafted.  I know he's been mentioned several times before, but after re-reading 'Changes', I can totally see it.

With Johnny Marcone, we know he is in his forties.... good looking, but tough, average height (5'10-6')

Now, I would say George Clooney, but he is also too short.  And like Chris Noth, both may be too old for the role.  Although, Chris Noth is usually who I think of when I think of Johnny Marcone.  

However, I found this by an artist that I think works

**EDITED for spelling and to post photos**
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 07:55:43 PM by Sihnon »
"Shiny. Let's be bad guys." - Jayne Cobb

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #773 on: June 22, 2010, 08:31:24 PM »
Please no, he's really not a very good actor. He's ruin Thomas, particulairly once we got to the point where he started speaking with a French accent and acting flamoyantly gay.

Thank god someone else agrees with me.

Offline Sihnon

• Participant
  • Battle School Grad
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 22, 2010, 08:38:47 PM »
Thank god someone else agrees with me.

I agree too!  I think Orlando always plays another version of 'Legolas' in every film he does. 
"Shiny. Let's be bad guys." - Jayne Cobb

Offline Magnus

• Posty McPostington
  • Secret Vampire of The Chiro Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: June 22, 2010, 08:43:55 PM »
But now to the important question who should play Toot-Toot?

(Just want to see your thoughts on the minor characters as well, like Toot-Toot, Tera West, Listens To The Wind, Mortimer, Larry Fowler and so on)

Larry should be played by Jerry Springer.
Full assed FTW! :)

"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library." -Jorge Luis Borges

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #776 on: June 22, 2010, 08:54:32 PM »

Offline Atanvarno

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: June 22, 2010, 09:35:07 PM »
I think Orlando always plays another version of 'Legolas' in every film he does.
Ehh. I didn't see Legolas in Troy, nor in Elizabethtown. It's not Bloom's fault that (a) Troy was kind of a mess; and (b) he was playing a twerp. Paris is one of the great nincompoops of literature. Whatever limits there may be on his range, he's not right for Thomas.

I was thinking that Edward Kerr is a close match for the physical description of Marcone.

I can't help thinking of Gina Torres when I think of Tera.

I could see Liebenberg as one of Lara's sisters, but she doesn't make me think of Lasciel.  

Gordon Tootoosis would make a great Listens-To-Wind. I definitely heard his voice in my head when I read Turn Coat.

When Uriel appeared in Changes, he had a different appearance, so for that, someone much younger, not sure who...
... Denzel?  ;D He's already played one of the Fallen, arguably.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 09:49:09 PM by Atanvarno »

Offline Ivu

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 22, 2010, 09:51:01 PM »
I agree too!  I think Orlando always plays another version of 'Legolas' in every film he does. 
I wish. In my opinion, that was pretty much his only good role and I'm pretty sure that part of that is because more of Legolas's best parts were done by a stunt double.

With Johnny Marcone, we know he is in his forties.... good looking, but tough, average height (5'10-6')

Now, I would say George Clooney, but he is also too short.  And like Chris Noth, both may be too old for the role.  Although, Chris Noth is usually who I think of when I think of Johnny Marcone. 

Now that I look at that picture of George Clooney, I can definitely see Marone. However, while Clooney may be able to pull off the look, I'm not sure about the personality. I think of other roles I've seen him in and I think Marcone is a bit too serious a character for him.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #779 on: June 22, 2010, 10:33:15 PM »

I always want to strangle him every time I rewatch Pirates of the Caribbean... though it may just be because Will Turner annoys me to death.
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.