Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1113708 times)

Offline Coalprin

• Conversationalist
  • μή μου τούς κύκλους τάραττε
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #720 on: June 18, 2010, 08:44:28 PM »
All the ones that care about this topic, at least.
"Certain blood has been shed for uncertain reasons.
You will never quiet this storm, A cold wind to chill your bones."

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 18, 2010, 10:33:42 PM »
If we could break the Laws of Magic and travel through time to get the ideal star at the ideal age to play a role, I'd nominate James Cromwell. First of all, he's 6'7", which is, depending on which interview you catch Jim in, either Harry's height or only 2 inches less. Second of all, he's got the general facial structure that my mind's eye has put on Harry (not to mention similar to that of Alexis Denisof, the person Jim himself said would be perfect for the role). Third, he's got the surliness and wiseassery that are SO essential to Harry down pat.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #722 on: June 18, 2010, 11:26:46 PM »
Off topic a bit but what did you all think of James Marsters as Lord Piccolo?

I am Dragonball fan, but I thought this movie was awful. I think everyone pretty much disliked it.

Dude, I never saw it and I disliked it, lol. I'm mostly just impressed that Marsters freaking SAT THERE and told the make-up person to make him look uglier.

Yah-huh. It's like when Charlize Theron put on all that weight to play the lesbian serial killer years back. Again, I say, I am impressed.
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #723 on: June 18, 2010, 11:28:52 PM »
If we could break the Laws of Magic and travel through time to get the ideal star at the ideal age to play a role, I'd nominate James Cromwell. First of all, he's 6'7", which is, depending on which interview you catch Jim in, either Harry's height or only 2 inches less. Second of all, he's got the general facial structure that my mind's eye has put on Harry (not to mention similar to that of Alexis Denisof, the person Jim himself said would be perfect for the role). Third, he's got the surliness and wiseassery that are SO essential to Harry down pat.

*gasp* I am ashamed of myself. I never considered that at all. And I feel even more ashamed for not thinking of Alexis Denisof. He's full-blooded American, and I keep imagining him with that damn British accent from Angel and Buffy. Arghity. Thank you for showing me the error of my ways, Shecky :)
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline j3nnee

• Posty McPostington
  • Has the gift
    • View Profile
    • Blue Girl Graphics
« Reply #724 on: June 19, 2010, 05:53:55 AM »
Wow!  Peter Wingfield as Nicodemus, definitely!

The funny thing is when I think of Nicodemus... I think of James Mason. I don't know why.
I also think (old actor pool) Ed Ames would have made an awesome (draws a ________) ... the native american Wizard. *hits head trying to recall*
or maybe the guy who was in Dances with Wolves... the one who didn't like Kevin Costner's character but at the end is screaming "My name is so and so and I am your friend!" (see my  memory is slipping and I'm not even 40 yet) :P

Offline j3nnee

• Posty McPostington
  • Has the gift
    • View Profile
    • Blue Girl Graphics
« Reply #725 on: June 19, 2010, 05:56:06 AM »
Off topic a bit but what did you all think of James Marsters as Lord Piccolo?

I am Dragonball fan, but I thought this movie was awful. I think everyone pretty much disliked it.

I didn't like it and I didn't see it and I'm not a DBZ fan LOL (back to topic)

Offline Scop

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 19, 2010, 09:47:01 PM »
I didn't like it and I didn't see it and I'm not a DBZ fan LOL (back to topic)

I didn't see this movie, but I did enjoy the Indian version :)

Offline j3nnee

• Posty McPostington
  • Has the gift
    • View Profile
    • Blue Girl Graphics
« Reply #727 on: June 20, 2010, 12:36:27 AM »
Hmmm...

Not seeing too many people casting Charity... and maybe I'm just bored being stuck working on a Saturday but I was thinking of this actress for her:

Marcia Gay Harden

http://www.more.com/images/photo/image/78/91/photo/7891/original/MarciaGayHarden.UseThis.jpg

I don't know... how old is Michael and Charity supposed to be?

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #728 on: June 20, 2010, 01:15:18 AM »
Hmmm...

Not seeing too many people casting Charity... and maybe I'm just bored being stuck working on a Saturday but I was thinking of this actress for her:

Marcia Gay Harden

http://www.more.com/images/photo/image/78/91/photo/7891/original/MarciaGayHarden.UseThis.jpg

interesting. I kinda like her.

but can she pull off a storming-the-arctis-tor type of action?
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]
I'm a classic narcissist - there's just nothing to be narcissistic about.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #729 on: June 20, 2010, 02:33:38 AM »
Hmmm...

Marcia Gay Harden

Well... Michael rescued Charity when she was about 18, didn't he? And Michael is around 20 years older than Harry at the start of Grave Peril (and since GP took place about two years after Storm Front, that puts Harry at about 27, which puts Michael somewhere around 45 to 47). If Michael's around 47, there's any where from a 10 to 16 (using a VERY broad spectrum) year age difference between him and Charity, though I would put Charity somewhere in her early to mid thirties in GP. Molly is 14 at the time of DM, and 17 at the time of Proven Guilty, which would lend a sort of credence to that...

In PG, Charity says that after Michael saved her, she quit her powers, and married him not long after. If she was 18 or 19 at the time she gave birth to Molly, that would put her around 35 to 36 years old. Then again, Molly's age is all screwy in the books, since she seems to have had two birthdays between Proven Guilty and White Night.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 02:35:17 AM by tiny[but]fierce »

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline j3nnee

• Posty McPostington
  • Has the gift
    • View Profile
    • Blue Girl Graphics
« Reply #730 on: June 21, 2010, 07:02:04 AM »
Ok... lots of people saying "who the heck is Matt Bomer..." or "Why should he play Thomas?"

I think his role as Bryce Larkin was rather Thomas-like in many ways. He was kind of interesting in the role:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fgmcqvwLH4

Brief but weird scene from Chuck (spoilers if you didn't see the end of Season 2 of the show yet but it's funny.)

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
  • Take two tablets and call me in the morning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: June 21, 2010, 01:15:46 PM »
Hmmm...

Marcia Gay Harden

All I can think of when I see her is that crazy role that she played in "The Mist". I hated that character, granted that was the point, you weren't suppose to like her, but I guess it ruined that actress for me, I only see her as a villain now.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: June 21, 2010, 01:25:02 PM »
For Charity I picture more Diane Lane type, but I think Lane would be too old, even though she is 45 now.

Offline Sihnon

• Participant
  • Battle School Grad
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: June 21, 2010, 02:57:32 PM »
For Charity I picture more Diane Lane type, but I think Lane would be too old, even though she is 45 now.

Diana Lane has alwasy beeb the Leanansidhe to me.  She is the perfect age for it and still beautiful, timeless, and you could see her on the White Court.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 03:05:14 PM by Sihnon »
"Shiny. Let's be bad guys." - Jayne Cobb

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: June 21, 2010, 04:58:21 PM »
Diana Lane has alwasy beeb the Leanansidhe to me.  She is the perfect age for it and still beautiful, timeless, and you could see her on the White Court.

I think you mean Winter Court. Yeah I could see her as Lea.