Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1102892 times)

Offline panic686

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #330 on: April 23, 2010, 11:59:50 PM »

Jared Padelecki is adorable! I can't see him as ever playing Harry, but yeah, he does have most of Harry's attributes down pat. And if anyone has purchased Welcome to The Jungle, and is also an obsessive fan of Supernatural, your eyes will bug out at the sight the Harry on the cover of the hardback novel. The artist seems to have used Jared's image as a basis for Harry.

Here's the cover art, she is talking about:

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #331 on: April 24, 2010, 12:04:12 AM »

Yup, that's it! Kinda eerie, isn't it?
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #332 on: April 24, 2010, 12:26:03 AM »
Yup, that's it! Kinda eerie, isn't it?

it's the hair that makes it similar, imho.

jared *might* do good snark. I think he can.
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]
I'm a classic narcissist - there's just nothing to be narcissistic about.

Offline panic686

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 24, 2010, 01:15:33 AM »
When his hair is slicked back and looks short, it looks pretty similar to comic Harry, too.

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 24, 2010, 02:05:17 AM »

reminds me more of ashton kutcher, when he's more scruufy. i saw a little bit of the butterfly effect , and thought he could pull off  a good scowl with those eyes, but he's always in roles of the goofy guy.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1666488832/nm0005110
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 02:11:09 AM by icecream »

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 24, 2010, 02:26:02 AM »
I think if Ashton Kutcher was ever even rumored to be involved in a Dresden movie an 'accident' would have to be arranged...
It's like Harry Potter got drunk and lost his virginity to the Ghostbusters.-Denarian XD
DV Wizard H V1.2 YR10 FR4 BK+++ RP++ JB++ TH++ WG+++ CL+++ SW+ BC++ MC++++ SH[Murphy+++++,Molly++,Lara+,Mab--,Maeve---] TT! MS++ MsD-- FF+++

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 24, 2010, 02:27:56 AM »
lol i don't want himto star, he's just what that cover reminded me of. i don't even like him as an actor

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #337 on: April 24, 2010, 02:56:00 AM »

reminds me more of ashton kutcher, when he's more scruufy. i saw a little bit of the butterfly effect , and thought he could pull off  a good scowl with those eyes, but he's always in roles of the goofy guy.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1666488832/nm0005110

Yick, no :( A million times no!
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline panic686

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 24, 2010, 03:32:42 AM »

Yick, no :( A million times no!

Agreed. Harry in no way looks...for lack of a better term...effeminate. As girly as the Sam character can seem in Supernatural (no offense ladies or Murph!), he can come off as a hard ass and the square-jawed look always screams manly. I juts saw a show this weekend how George Washington took pains to appear more square jawed bc it makes people think that you have more leader and tough guy qualities.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #339 on: April 24, 2010, 03:41:47 AM »
Agreed. Harry in no way looks...for lack of a better term...effeminate. As girly as the Sam character can seem in Supernatural (no offense ladies or Murph!), he can come off as a hard ass and the square-jawed look always screams manly.

Despite the Dean character's many continuous attempts to prove his brother otherwise :)

I juts saw a show this weekend how George Washington took pains to appear more square jawed bc it makes people think that you have more leader and tough guy qualities.

Was it on the History Channel? They did a special a while back on life and death masks (heh. no kidding) of influential figures in history, like Lincoln, Washington and Shakespeare. When they did Washington's, they actually narrowed down how many teeth he actually had left and what sort of dentures he wore when he had his life mask done.

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #340 on: April 24, 2010, 03:55:13 AM »
And streaming off from the last thing I posted on, this might be a little out there, but I'm reading a fanfic (that is agonizingly slow in updating). It's a crossover between Supernatural and the DV, with spoilers up to season 5, and Turn Coat (I think.) Anyway, the chick writing the story has a banner made, with a picture of Jared Padelecki, Jensen Ackles, and Hugh Jackman.... because apparently, Hugh Jackman is who she sees when she thinks of Harry.

A bit of a stretch there, or no?

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline dilking

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 24, 2010, 04:01:57 AM »
After seeing him in "The Prestige", I can definitely see him as Harry, but the tough part would be casting Thomas... Who looks like Hugh Jackman's brother in Hollywood today?

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #342 on: April 24, 2010, 04:12:30 AM »
After seeing him in "The Prestige", I can definitely see him as Harry, but the tough part would be casting Thomas... Who looks like Hugh Jackman's brother in Hollywood today?

Bloody hell. I'm gonna find a pic of hugh jackman and run a facial recognition thingy on myheritage.com. who knows, I might luck out :)

(Although for some reason, Keith Urban just popped into my head)

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #343 on: April 24, 2010, 04:19:08 AM »

Bloody hell. I'm gonna find a pic of hugh jackman and run a facial recognition thingy on myheritage.com. who knows, I might luck out :)

(Although for some reason, Keith Urban just popped into my head)

Well. I tried. This is what I got. Although if you use any different image any number of times, you'll get a million different things.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 04:24:52 AM by tiny[but]fierce »

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline panic686

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 24, 2010, 04:42:07 AM »

Was it on the History Channel? They did a special a while back on life and death masks (heh. no kidding) of influential figures in history, like Lincoln, Washington and Shakespeare. When they did Washington's, they actually narrowed down how many teeth he actually had left and what sort of dentures he wore when he had his life mask done.

Yep, that was the show I watched.