Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1117514 times)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2010, 03:31:03 PM »
If Butters were 6+ feet, yeah. :D Don't get me wrong - I thoroughly enjoy Chuck and Levi's job therein. But even his most slicked-up pub shots are still sorta milquetoast.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2010, 04:08:21 PM »
He can look pretty butch, actually, but even with scruff and in ratty clothes he just looks YOUNG.  Mid-twenties, tops.  He can't pass for 30.  Get some age on him, and I'd buy him as Harry.
We don't get just one life.  We get as many as we can cram into one lifetime.

Visit my page! JessaLynch.com

Offline OutlawAk

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Fan Page for OVERDRIVE
« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2010, 09:36:15 PM »
Hey all, I've decided to weigh in on this topic. Sorry if any of these are obvious repeats, but I couldn't manage to wade through all 110 pages of previous info. As you will tell by my choices, I am trying to - in my head - cast this as a new show with a younger cast that could stick around for a few seasons of TV that would draw a WIDE Fanboy / Girl based audience.

Let me know what you think!!

HARRY DRESDEN - Jared Padalecki

(Supernatural's tall pretty boy would be a perfect body type for the snarky detective. He's got great acting chops, swell comic timing and can physically handle the action parts required. Plus he's older than they play him on TV so it's not a stretch to see him as a late 20's gritty guy to start like in "Storm Front". Give him some stubble and let him brood a bit more and you've got Harry.)

LT. KARRIN MURPHY - Allison Mack
( Smallville's snarky reporter in training / now Watchtower has proven she's got excellent range and incredible ability to bring the high drama. As a physical match she fits the tiny detective perfectly and I am betting without a shadow of doubt that she also could fill the role of the butt-kicking monster hunting tough chick with aplomb and no little amount of attitude.)

"VOICE OF" BOB - James Marsters
(If you've listened to the audio books, this one is a no-brainer. His characterisation of Bob is tremendous. I wouldn't change a thing.)

MORGAN; WARDEN OF THE WHITE COUNCIL - Sean Bean
("Boromir" from LOTR has tons of acting cred and would bring a monster presence to the Council's Vicious Attack Dog. Obsessed Angry Super Cop? Sean Bean, all the way.)

THOMAS RAITH - Sam Witwer
(Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice from "The Force Unleashed"  and more recently Smallville's interpretation of "Doomsday" has the type of superhero-ish physique that Thomas requires. Is the King of Dark, Handsome, brooding and sinisterly sexual but also has incredible range to bring the heartbreak and emotion required. Throw on some longer, Alberto-styled dark hair and this is the man.)

LEA; THE LEANANDESIDHE - Julie Benz
(Angel's "Darla", Dexter's "Rita "but it was her recent work as the enigmatic souther belle / FBI superstar in the Boondock Saints 2: All Saint's Day that convinced me of this call. Julie would OWN Lea, being both caring, yet aloof, concerned and etherial, with attitude to spare.)

MICHAEL CARPENTER; KNIGHT OF THE CROSS - Adam Baldwin
(I think that Adam's gotten a bum rap with the type of roles he gets. Don't misunderstand, I loved "Jayne" and "Casey" on Chuck is awesome. But these guys often end up being the butt of the joke despite being the powerhouse butt kickers. I think that Adam Baldwin would bring a real gravity to the compassionate, controlled, reightous Michael. In fact, I am DYING to see him swing around that cruciform sword while slaying demons asunder.)

"GENTLEMAN" JOHNNY MARCONE - Keith Carradine
(This incredibly talented actor has recently wowed me with the depth he's brought to "Special Agent Lundy" on Dexter and then as the megalomaniacal Rossum Corporation head on Dollhouse. I think he would be perfect as the monstrously professional mob boss Marcone. My ONLY concern? Might be a touch too old for the cast.)

MERLIN LANGTRY - John Lithgow
(Who doesn't love Lithgow? The sinister intellect he could bring to this character wouold be remarkable to watch I figure. Plus his sheer size and height would make him a physical peer to Dresden, in addition to the magical-political superior.)

LILY; THE SUMMER LADY - Dichen Lachman
(During her stint on the now cancelled Dollhouse, her turn as "Sierra / Priya" was very well received. I have no doubt that Dichen could play the level of vulnerabilty and Fae-poise that this role would require.)

MAB; THE QUEEN OF AIR AND DARKNESS - Olivia Williams
(And while I'm mining the cast list from Dollhouse I Have to include this remarkable woman as being my first, best and favorite choice to play the "Wickedest of the Wicked Witches" Mab. Olivia is a stunning woman whose grace, poise and power presence are completely undeniable.)

I'm having trouble casting in my head SANYA, RAMIREZ, LARA RAITH and strangely SUSAN> I can pick "big time" actors for all of those parts. But for the level that I am looking for, I can't seem to make anyone fit. But give me time.

Thoughts?

AK
All Outlaw, all the time.

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2010, 04:46:28 AM »
Jared for harry = Interesting choise! I never thought of him that way. Might work! (I'm still all for Paul Blackthorne, But I know some things can never push through... *sigh*, haha|)

allison for murphy = hmm... interesting choice, too... I'll have to think on this one, though. I don't really see it.

james as bob = haven't heard him yet.

Sean as morgan = WOOT I AM SOOO ALL FOR THIS!

Sam as Thomas = well, he doesn't exactly scream thomas in my head... hmmm...

as for the rest, I still have to look them up, and I only have a limited time in this here Internet Cafe, so maybe later. xD
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]
I'm a classic narcissist - there's just nothing to be narcissistic about.

Offline Strange

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2010, 07:53:15 AM »
I think I'm actually okay with everyone on your list, outlaw!
although I will never see Padalecki as anything other than Dean from Gilmore Girls...

Offline OutlawAk

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Fan Page for OVERDRIVE
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2010, 03:21:52 PM »
I honestly never thought I would be able to get into Supernatural either, but it's often his performance that really sells the show for me - especially in the ones where he's allowed to get darker and grittier. I was just watching it the other night with my Mrs Outlaw when I just went "Man, this guy coul be Harry". Thus, my posting

Offline Strange

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2010, 05:21:22 PM »
I've been trying to get into Supernatural lately but I keep getting distracted by PrettyfaceTM (Dean) and GilmoreGirlsDean... I dunno. Is it good enough to waste a few hours on to get used to the characters?

Offline OutlawAk

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Fan Page for OVERDRIVE
« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2010, 05:27:47 PM »
I was finally sold in the third season when they flat out did the "Groundhog Day" episode. I went from laughing my ass off to being intensely interested in Sam's adrk-character development.

Offline E_Aragon

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2010, 12:20:53 AM »
Eric Kripke for Harry Dresden series! For those that don't know he created the show Supernatural and I think he would do a Dresden show justice. 

Sean Bean for Morgan? YES PLEASE! Sean Bean is awesome!

Who could play Molly? I haven't seen any love for Molly lately. Alison Lohman? Main girl in Drag me to Hell. She was pretty good in Matchstick Men.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0517844/
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 12:23:00 AM by E_Aragon »
"Polka will never die!" - Butters

Offline Chuck Chuck Razool

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2010, 01:33:27 AM »
I like sean bean as micheal instead of morgan.
"There's a voice that comes from everywhere, and it's not saying anything."

Offline Strange

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2010, 04:00:33 PM »
Did anyone see the new Criminal Minds episode? Either way, this guy could definitely play Thomas... he's so prettyboy he's making my teeth ace:

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2010, 09:44:08 PM »
Did anyone see the new Criminal Minds episode? Either way, this guy could definitely play Thomas... he's so prettyboy he's making my teeth ace:

:o :-*
We don't get just one life.  We get as many as we can cram into one lifetime.

Visit my page! JessaLynch.com

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2010, 03:05:18 AM »

Yep, saw it! Valerie did a great job. xD

*stares at pic* mm-hmm..... wow.
I kinda imagine Thomas a little less rugged, tho.
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]
I'm a classic narcissist - there's just nothing to be narcissistic about.

Offline Strange

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2010, 11:23:34 AM »
He can shave :D
Also that episode really shows that this guy can really do the charming playboy/tortured monster thing which is what Thomas is all about.

Offline bbsmith2

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2010, 06:51:55 PM »
Mac - Terry O'Quinn You served my dark cold look?

Marcone - Michael Emerson Tiger's soul?
Marcone #2 - Neil Jackson Tiger's soul?

Susan - Rachel Bilson Smile reminds me of when she hit on Harry in the bar

Michael - Dominic Purcell Michael's workman look?

all I have so far.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 07:20:03 PM by Priscellie »