Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1103048 times)

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #6285 on: November 11, 2013, 07:48:24 PM »
Especially in the first season when their opposite views on the sanctity of the Law could be fun to play with.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline AndiSue

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6286 on: November 11, 2013, 07:50:29 PM »
Especially in the first season when their opposite views on the sanctity of the Law could be fun to play with.
Maybe we need a fantasy crossover thread...

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #6287 on: November 11, 2013, 07:51:20 PM »
Yes. Lance was Murphy alike, so it would be very funny.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #6288 on: November 11, 2013, 07:57:42 PM »
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline acousticnicki

• Participant
  • "Your brain is a very strange place."
    • View Profile
    • Nicki's Music Website
« Reply #6289 on: November 12, 2013, 01:29:03 PM »
Just saw Jim at Faeriecon this weekend & he answered that his perfect casting for Harry would be Fassbender or Hiddleston.  Either could also be Thomas.    I hadn't thought of those two, but knowing Jim's preference puts them in a whole new light ha ha. :)
Cheers!
~Nicki

"There are two kinds of people in the universe, Molly," I said.  "Star Trek fans and Star Wars fans.  This is shocking."
She sniffed.  "This is the post-nerd-closet world, Harry.  It's okay to like both."
"Blasphemy and lies," I said.   ~Ghost Story

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #6290 on: November 12, 2013, 02:12:23 PM »
Just saw Jim at Faeriecon this weekend & he answered that his perfect casting for Harry would be Fassbender or Hiddleston.  Either could also be Thomas.    I hadn't thought of those two, but knowing Jim's preference puts them in a whole new light ha ha. :)
AHA!!  Ive been pushing Fassbender for a while now, glad Im not the only one.  Also good because Jim used to say Alexis Denisof for Harry, and I was never able to get behind that one (probably the buffy influence). 

<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Ziggelly

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6291 on: November 12, 2013, 06:04:38 PM »
Yeah, Alexis Denisof tends to sort of project this vibe of covering up some bone-deep social insecurity with loads of false confidence. I don't really picture Harry as being quite so... so... smarmy? Is that the word I'm looking for?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #6292 on: November 12, 2013, 06:08:13 PM »
I can't see Fassbender or Hiddleston as Harry or Thomas  :(. I think those actors are great, but they don't look like nothing of what I imagine.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6293 on: November 12, 2013, 07:34:12 PM »
Warning: RANT.
I just saw there is a "perfect casting part 3" thread. I am upset. I consider it superfluous and, frankly, quite rude to all people posting here. And given the problem with the poster who was claiming for a new thread, I see it as a hit in the face.  I would have said this in that thread, but I don't really want to participate in it, so this is the next best thing.

Didn't intend it that way.  I was new to this forum when I started it, and there hadn't been any new posts on this one for a long time when I did.  I do apologize.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 07:42:43 PM by Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad »
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey, or he will not slay thee in thy turn.  He will bear thee away to the Houses of Lamentation, beyond all Darkness, where thy living flesh shall be devoured and thy shriveled mind left naked before the Lidless Eye.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6294 on: November 12, 2013, 07:44:05 PM »
I think Fassbender might be my favorite actor of the moment.  I thought he was great in X-Men First Class and Prometheus.  I had a hard time picturing him as Harry, but that was because I was so used to him being a blonde.  But with dark hair, his height, at 6', would be the only limiting factor to me.  I know JB has said a young Harrison Ford in the past would be ideal for Harry, and Ford was only ever 6'1".  So height doesn't seem to be the limiting factor to JB that it is to a lot of us.  But at a Hollywood 6', Fassbender might be 5'10" or 11", plus heals.

So... Harry?

Or Thomas?  With Hamm as his father, Lord Raith?

Kincaid?

Nicodemus?

Marcone?

Michael?

Ferrovax?

Chauncy?

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6295 on: November 12, 2013, 07:48:38 PM »
Er, not to be, not sure what to call it, but in my opinion all those guys
look pretty much alike when you break it down to basics.

I do like the guy for Ferrovax.
And I think Nicodemus should be an older man.

Offline cass

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6296 on: November 12, 2013, 07:57:11 PM »
I think Fassbender might be my favorite actor of the moment.  I thought he was great in X-Men First Class and Prometheus.  I had a hard time picturing him as Harry, but that was because I was so used to him being a blonde.  But with dark hair, his height, at 6', would be the only limiting factor to me.  I know JB has said a young Harrison Ford in the past would be ideal for Harry, and Ford was only ever 6'1".  So height doesn't seem to be the limiting factor to JB that it is to a lot of us.  But at a Hollywood 6', Fassbender might be 5'10" or 11", plus heals.

Hollywood can do wonders with camera angles and shots to make someone appear much taller (or shorter) than they actually are, so I wouldn't worry too much about height. Other than that, I'm with Snowleopard: I'm not sure I'd be able to tell them apart.....

Offline Chiana

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6297 on: November 12, 2013, 08:06:38 PM »
I agree.  Who is the guy for Ferrovax?
~Mistress of Invisibility~  Loyal MinionTM of our Pharaoh.  Divine Ruler of Egypt.

Rest well Md.  You are dearly missed.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #6298 on: November 12, 2013, 08:46:56 PM »
They are all the same.
I would accept him as Kinkaid, Lord Raith and even Nicodemus. Too beautiful for Harry, not so beautiful for Thomas, not so nice for Michael. The others, meh.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Chiana

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6299 on: November 12, 2013, 08:54:04 PM »
That's the same guy?  Wow.  I agree that he looks to pretty for Harry.
~Mistress of Invisibility~  Loyal MinionTM of our Pharaoh.  Divine Ruler of Egypt.

Rest well Md.  You are dearly missed.