Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1119763 times)

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #6255 on: October 17, 2013, 10:09:19 PM »
I still say that Mark A. Sheppard would be the perfect Nicodemus; charisma for days!

Not bad for 90% of nic's scenes, and he certainly can do the gentlman Devil, but Im not sure Id buy him going medieval on the top of a train swordfighting two at once.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline cantthinkofaname1029

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6256 on: October 18, 2013, 02:08:15 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD898jIzwJs

I believe the people being casted here actually make for fantastic choices for the cast, particularly for harry. Even Lea seemed well off, and she's hard to visualize and typecast. The only one who struck me as being off was Mab's actress.

Offline Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6257 on: October 18, 2013, 02:09:56 AM »
Not bad for 90% of nic's scenes, and he certainly can do the gentlman Devil, but Im not sure Id buy him going medieval on the top of a train swordfighting two at once.

That would probably be done by stunts and CG anyway.  But I like Lani Tupu better for Nicodemus.  He's also be just as good as Donald Morgan.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 10:44:46 AM by Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad »
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey, or he will not slay thee in thy turn.  He will bear thee away to the Houses of Lamentation, beyond all Darkness, where thy living flesh shall be devoured and thy shriveled mind left naked before the Lidless Eye.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #6258 on: October 18, 2013, 01:23:55 PM »
I actually just started thinking that Mark Pellegrino might be great for Nic.  He doesnt really look like how I picture Nic at all (thought with the right costumes and make-up he might get close) but in the last two things Ive seen him in (The Tomorrow People and Being Human) he has played a sort of villain that quiet, calm, even polite, while somehow radiating the sort of frighteningly rational evil and amorality that I get from Nic. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline bellmaker

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6259 on: October 18, 2013, 03:55:57 PM »
I still say that Mark A. Sheppard would be the perfect Nicodemus; charisma for days!

Much better for Binder IMHO

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6260 on: October 18, 2013, 04:55:41 PM »
I actually just started thinking that Mark Pellegrino might be great for Nic.  He doesnt really look like how I picture Nic at all (thought with the right costumes and make-up he might get close) but in the last two things Ive seen him in (The Tomorrow People and Being Human) he has played a sort of villain that quiet, calm, even polite, while somehow radiating the sort of frighteningly rational evil and amorality that I get from Nic. 

I think Mark Pellegrino is great at the subtle, quiet bad guy.  He did the same on Supernatural.  But I'm not sure he's quite what I picture for Nic. 

I'd rather cast him in a subtly big role, like Gregori Cristos. 

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6261 on: October 20, 2013, 10:50:26 AM »
Reason I still hold out for Lani Tupu as either Nicodemus or Morgan is because in Farscape LT looked just like I pictured Morgan in particular.  Trim beard, pony-tail, stern features and attitude.

And then, quite involuntarily, the same image was superimposed whenever I was reading about Nicodemus.  And the image has just STUCK there for both roles, despite the fact that I think I've read "Turncoat" at least four times, and all the others at least three (Deadbeat five or six times).

Can no more escape that mental image than I can that of Jim Carey in yellow Grinch makeup as the Naagloshii.
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey, or he will not slay thee in thy turn.  He will bear thee away to the Houses of Lamentation, beyond all Darkness, where thy living flesh shall be devoured and thy shriveled mind left naked before the Lidless Eye.

Offline phoenixjustice

• Conversationalist
  • I believe in you, Spike.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6262 on: October 21, 2013, 07:28:35 AM »
Much better for Binder IMHO

Oh wow didn't even think of Binder. Oh he'd be great for Binder. But I just have a hard time seeing many people as Nicodemus. You have to have a certain charisma for the role, which I think Mark Sheppard has.

I liked him a lot as Lucifer in Supernatural. He's not how I picture Nic at all either, but he could probably get Nic's charisma down.

DV PhoenixJusticev1.2YR9FR(M)6, BK++, RP, JB+, TH++, WG++, CL++, SW+, BC+, MC+++++, SH(Lash++, Murphy++,Molly+++,Morgan++,Marcone++, Kincaid++, Bob++, Mavra----, Nic+, DF OTP ++++)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6263 on: October 27, 2013, 12:55:07 AM »
Oh wow didn't even think of Binder. Oh he'd be great for Binder. But I just have a hard time seeing many people as Nicodemus. You have to have a certain charisma for the role, which I think Mark Sheppard has.

I liked him a lot as Lucifer in Supernatural. He's not how I picture Nic at all either, but he could probably get Nic's charisma down.

Sorry, that role's picked out for the guy who played "Badger" in the firefly series...

(({;^)>

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #6264 on: October 28, 2013, 12:28:41 PM »
Sorry, that role's picked out for the guy who played "Badger" in the firefly series...

(({;^)>
That /is/ Mark Sheppard ;)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6265 on: October 28, 2013, 05:14:07 PM »

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #6266 on: October 28, 2013, 06:28:38 PM »
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6267 on: October 28, 2013, 08:53:35 PM »
Who are you thinking for him?

Binder.  Put a derby on him.  it fits.  OOPS.  Didn't get that the guy picked for Nicodemus was Mark Sheppard, LOL (didn't know his name when I first nominated him for Binder).
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 08:56:15 PM by Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad »

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6268 on: October 29, 2013, 03:47:52 PM »
Colin Morgan as Waldo Butters?

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6269 on: October 29, 2013, 04:01:15 PM »
And  I present you with ... Andi.

At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---