Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1119409 times)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #5880 on: March 11, 2013, 11:14:39 PM »
According the CD, Mab and Titania dont look like Sisters, they look like clones.  It is entirely possibel that over th years teh Mantles warp their bearers physically, and there were always descriptions of the others having similarities, but those two have taken it to the point where they'd need to share an actress
(click to show/hide)

Offline Chiana

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: March 12, 2013, 03:44:03 PM »
How about the following twins for casting?

Katelyn and Kara Pacitto
(click to show/hide)

Or non-twins but dead ringers, Gemma Ward and Amanda Seyfried?

(click to show/hide)
~Mistress of Invisibility~  Loyal MinionTM of our Pharaoh.  Divine Ruler of Egypt.

Rest well Md.  You are dearly missed.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: March 12, 2013, 03:54:18 PM »
How about the following twins for casting?

Katelyn and Kara Pacitto
(click to show/hide)

Or non-twins but dead ringers, Gemma Ward and Amanda Seyfried?

(click to show/hide)
I could get behind either of those castings. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline KoshN

• Conversationalist
  • Babylon 5, Crusade, and Dresden Files fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: March 13, 2013, 12:23:53 AM »

Uh, what were we talking about?  I think I've been glamoured.
Mac Breck (KoshN)
-------------------------------
"The Dresden Files" (2007)
Harry Dresden: [re. Bianca] What is it about bad girls?  They lie, cheat, won't suck your blood even when you beg them to, and for some reason, no matter how badly they treat us, we still can't walk away.

Offline Mr. Drake

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: March 18, 2013, 04:17:09 AM »
Adrien Brody... he's 6' 1".

Offline ShadowX81

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: March 21, 2013, 04:08:36 AM »
Hey everyone! First time poster, long time reader. I just created an account because this ia subject which ive been thinking about alot for the past few days and wanted to share my thoughts on a couple key characters.

Harry Dresden
This is a tough one. I don't think any of the choices have quite nailed it yet. Harry Dresden is a powerful wizard and one durable guy, but "cool" and "badass" are words that you can't really use to describe him; or at the very least words that he would never use to describe himself. In terms of his personality, he's a self-described geek who makes sarcastic jokes to himself, has bad luck with woman, and is often down on his luck. While he has mentioned that people have described him as attractive, he doesn't really seem to believe it himself, and lacks the confidence to really buy into that fact or the fact that he actually is a pretty cool guy. Overall he is a guy that never really seemed to grow out of his "awkward teenager" phase.
For this reason I think he should be played by someone with boyish and lean good looks, giving him a somewhat innocent feel while still being attractive and the appropriate age. People like Jared Padalecki and Sam Worthington just seem wrong to me as they project too much confidence.

My choice: Lucas Bryant (Haven)

Karrin Murphy
This one came to me pretty quickly. Karrin is an attractive; tough-as-nails cop whose outer maturity and badassery covers up the fact that she is actually dealt with alot of crap in her life. She definatly needs to be more grown up than Harry personality wise, as it makes it easier to see how she could mistrust him early in their relationship. I get the feeling that the reason Harry never seemed to even consider a relationship with her early in the series was because he saw her as too grown up for him. He initially knew her only as a cop, in time a woman/friend, and finally a peer. To keep this authority figure dynamic it is important that they cast someone of the appropriate age (early 30s). Actually I thought Valerie Cruz did a great job and was very close to the book character, but for the sake of keeping her looks more in line with the book series and the obvious nerd cred, I picked someone different.

My Choice: Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy The Vampire Slayer)

My Full Cast List:
http://www.imdb.com/list/B0TTWKLfl48/?publish=save

« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 04:24:22 AM by ShadowX81 »

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: March 21, 2013, 12:47:27 PM »
My Full Cast List:
http://www.imdb.com/list/B0TTWKLfl48/?publish=save
Not my first choices in most cases, but all good pics.  The only thing I have to say against it is that Jon Huertas is way too old for Carlos. Carlos is roughly Molly's age, a teenager at the latest in SK and in his early 20's later on.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: March 21, 2013, 04:05:30 PM »
I give you Olivia Wilde as the Leansidhe

At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: March 21, 2013, 04:30:50 PM »
Id rather see her as a Susan or Young Luccio.  Lea needs to have that instant creep factor, and Ive never gotten that from Wilde
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: March 21, 2013, 06:37:16 PM »
Id rather see her as a Susan or Young Luccio.  Lea needs to have that instant creep factor, and Ive never gotten that from Wilde

Did you not see Cowboys Vs. Aliens, or Tron Legacy?  LOL
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: March 21, 2013, 08:42:37 PM »
Probably, nothing more far away of my idea of Lea. Wilde is too harmless (I saw both movies. She is beautiful, but nothing else). I want somebody with the aura of Miranda Richardson, but younger and prettier.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: March 21, 2013, 09:38:10 PM »
Did you not see Cowboys Vs. Aliens, or Tron Legacy?  LOL
The flicks wereent great, but in both cases she was pretty ans sweet and a little niave.  Certainly not the evil psycho schemer that Lea is. 

I tend to think all the Sidhe should be cast to resemble each other, same with the Wampires, so this isnt my top pick just because she does fit with a particular group of actresses, but Melinda Clarke would make a great Lea, I think.  Or an equally scary Charity. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: March 21, 2013, 09:51:06 PM »

She's always been Lara to me.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: March 21, 2013, 09:53:00 PM »
I had thought in Melinda Clarke for Lea or Lara too. She would be good. Charity not. IMHO, Charity should have a frank, open face, while Clark seems to be always hidden something.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: March 21, 2013, 11:19:00 PM »
I had thought in Melinda Clarke for Lea or Lara too. She would be good. Charity not. IMHO, Charity should have a frank, open face, while Clark seems to be always hidden something.
Klodi Monsoon is, and always will be, my image of Lea. 

If casting had been done a few years back, I would say that the best actress for Lea would be Famke Janssen.

Edit: Since (I doubt) someone will call me on it, I need to include Christina Hendricks, which I have previously said is my preferred casting for Lea.  She did a great 'crazy' on Firefly.  But I'm afraid we'll soon pass beyond the ideal casting age for her, if we were to start at the beginning of the series.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 11:27:57 PM by Griffyn612 »