Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1114111 times)

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #3120 on: February 09, 2011, 10:19:43 PM »
I can see Tim Curry as Nic.

There shall be no football discussions in this thread.  The season's over.  Go Packers.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: February 09, 2011, 10:22:37 PM »
Wait, what? Are we talking about the Dresden Files TV show? Because Bob was not played by Tim Curry. The actor was Terrence Mann. I am, however, fully in support of having Tim Curry in some role. Because he's awesome. I still stand by Eddie Izzard as Bob's voice. But whoever we choose, they must be british. I can't imagine Bob without at least a slight British accent. Apart from Marsters, of course.

Also, I finally found someone who could probably do Marcone; Mark Harmon (Gibbs on NCIS). And please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks he looks like John Barrowman with grey hair.
Hmmm...

Bellmaker, you might be onto something with her.
I, for one, vote that no discussion of football should occur in this thread. Too much potential for getting off topic.

TC - this enormous thread is all about who we'd like to see for a Dresden Files Movie if ever such a thing would occur.
Keeps fingers tightly crossed.   As for getting off topic.  Brief pause - ROTFLMAO -  other than the threads which are designated as staying tight on topic - thread derailment is an olympic sport around here.
As for Harmon, you're right he does look a bit simular to John Barrowman.  Don't know about Marcone - I was suggesting Chris Melonie for Marcone.  Way,way meaner looking.
Actually you just gave me an idea.  John Barrowman for Chandler - the British Warden that Harry calls Steed.

Offline Tempus Corvus

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: February 09, 2011, 10:29:31 PM »
TC - this enormous thread is all about who we'd like to see for a Dresden Files Movie if ever such a thing would occur.

As for Harmon, you're right he does look a bit simular to John Barrowman.  Don't know about Marcone - I was suggesting Chris Melonie for Marcone.  Way,way meaner looking.
Actually you just gave me an idea.  John Barrowman for Chandler - the British Warden that Harry calls Steed.

I was talking about the fact that exartiem said that Tim Curry played Bob, which never happened. (Unfortunately. If it had, maybe there would've been more than one season.) And after taking a look, I think Chris Meloni would make a decent Marcone.

Oh, and I might have said this before, but just in case...Here's Lea.
My Dresden Files Purity Rating is 40%. It'd be higher if I could find the time to actually play the DFRPG.

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: February 09, 2011, 10:33:35 PM »
I was talking about the fact that exartiem said that Tim Curry played Bob, which never happened. (Unfortunately. If it had, maybe there would've been more than one season.) And after taking a look, I think Chris Meloni would make a decent Marcone.

Actually it wasn't the skill, of which there was plenty, of the actors or who was playing what.  Even with Tim Curry there wouldn't have been another season.  DF was shot down because the SyFy channel doesn't understand SF and does NOT want to spend money on any kind of good product.  They shot down DF for Pain Killer Jane and then shot down Jane for that abomination - Flash Gordon.
Because it was 'cheaper' not better, not as good, but cheaper!

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: February 09, 2011, 10:42:13 PM »
hmm yes why don't you see leo as marcone he could be made to look slightly older and you already shot down travolta who looks the part definately
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: February 09, 2011, 10:46:01 PM »
hmm yes why don't you see leo as marcone he could be made to look slightly older and you already shot down travolta who looks the part definately

I just don't GW.  Maybe it's typecasting on my part.
Marcone is older and more steeped in the culture of his role.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: February 09, 2011, 10:51:10 PM »
eh meybe
Sir  Reginald.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: February 09, 2011, 10:54:04 PM »
Marcone,

end of story

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: February 10, 2011, 01:01:02 AM »
Oh I saw a mattrix scene in some video clip and thought hugo weaving would be a good choice for Nic. he's creepy and not exactly hollywood pretty . kind of how I imagine Nic.

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
  • Cardboard wings and knicker elastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: February 10, 2011, 01:16:02 AM »
Age him and he'd be a great Merlin.

Offline Thanatos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: February 10, 2011, 01:27:37 AM »
I still think of Jamey Sheridan as Nicodemus, because of his Randall Flagg role.

This picture makes me think of the parley between Nic and Harry at the aquarium in Small Favor.

Offline hatshep2

• Conversationalist
  • "No plan, just bigger guns." - Dylan Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: February 10, 2011, 01:42:32 AM »
I think it is important to rememb er that Ancient Mai is Ancient even by wizard standards.  I definitely don't think there should be any girlish or young womanly features.  She should be imposing, regal, even elegant in her dress sure.  But I think she should look like someone's tough ass great grandma who seems to power on by sheer force of will.

I agree - like I said, I'm not lobbying for some hot young thing...or even some hot middleaged thing. I just think that the woman in PotC can't have been pretty when she was young, which is not the idea you should get from Mai. As you said, she should be "regal" and "elegant" and the PotC actress looks way to weathered, not somebody who's spent most of thier life indoors, as I believe Mai has.

Hm, Clancy Brown as Morgan - that could work. And not just because its JB. ;)

Give Leonardo DeCaprio another 10 years and then heck yeah! (And I'm just as shocked as you GW that I'm actually agreeing, lol.)  ;D

Can play righteous, fatherly and badass.

Lol! Yep, that's Micahel for you. Exactly the reasons I love him so much. (Plus the buff part - you know, if we're really being honest about this.) ;)

I recent found the actress to play Murph her name is Megan Dodds.

We have officially found Murphy!!! Bless you, bellmaker!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Now what actress is that again? I'd have to know that to evaluate her acting potential but looks-wise that is so Lea.

And now let me appologize for this insanely long post...I've been buried in homework all week so you'll have to cut me a break. ;)
"I am impertinant." - Percy Jackson, Book I: The Lightning Thief

"Relax, it's a loaner...They were out of caucasian in your size." - Dylan Dog, Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world." - Rick O'Connell, The Mummy

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: February 10, 2011, 02:14:14 AM »
Give Leonardo DeCaprio another 10 years and then heck yeah! (And I'm just as shocked as you GW that I'm actually agreeing, lol.)  ;D

Yeah  ;D it was inception that did it. The whole attitude of it really spoke to me in a marcone voice
Sir  Reginald.

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
  • Cardboard wings and knicker elastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: February 10, 2011, 02:17:12 AM »
Don't do it.  I can't sit through his films.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: February 10, 2011, 02:47:37 AM »
Don't do it.  I can't sit through his films.
\

Leo? have you not seen inception it is spectacular and wow
Sir  Reginald.