Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1117694 times)

Offline Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #6270 on: October 29, 2013, 08:33:38 PM »
Now THAT just made my day!
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey, or he will not slay thee in thy turn.  He will bear thee away to the Houses of Lamentation, beyond all Darkness, where thy living flesh shall be devoured and thy shriveled mind left naked before the Lidless Eye.

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
« Reply #6271 on: October 30, 2013, 09:09:43 PM »
And  I present you with ... Andi.

Who is this?  She looks familiar, but I can't quite seem to put a name to her...
It's like Harry Potter got drunk and lost his virginity to the Ghostbusters.-Denarian XD
DV Wizard H V1.2 YR10 FR4 BK+++ RP++ JB++ TH++ WG+++ CL+++ SW+ BC++ MC++++ SH[Murphy+++++,Molly++,Lara+,Mab--,Maeve---] TT! MS++ MsD-- FF+++

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6272 on: October 30, 2013, 09:36:56 PM »
She is the new Wendy's girl.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
« Reply #6273 on: October 30, 2013, 10:02:01 PM »
That's where I've seen here before!  Thanks, that was really bugging me. :)
It's like Harry Potter got drunk and lost his virginity to the Ghostbusters.-Denarian XD
DV Wizard H V1.2 YR10 FR4 BK+++ RP++ JB++ TH++ WG+++ CL+++ SW+ BC++ MC++++ SH[Murphy+++++,Molly++,Lara+,Mab--,Maeve---] TT! MS++ MsD-- FF+++

Offline AndiSue

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6274 on: November 11, 2013, 06:42:46 PM »
I have a new (I think...to me at least) submission for Harry Dresden.  Comedian Chris D'Elia.  He's got the personality/sarcasm/wit.  He's 6'3" (I know Harry is taller, but how many 6'6"-6'8" actors are there?) and seems to have the right build.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #6275 on: November 11, 2013, 06:49:31 PM »
I have a new (I think...to me at least) submission for Harry Dresden.  Comedian Chris D'Elia.  He's got the personality/sarcasm/wit.  He's 6'3" (I know Harry is taller, but how many 6'6"-6'8" actors are there?) and seems to have the right build.

Not familiar with the guy himself.  From you rpost Id say 6'3" is close enough so long as they highlight his beanpoll status a bit and/or make sure to cast a short murphy.  But the face to too rounded for the sharp, angular features I imagine on Harry.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline AndiSue

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6276 on: November 11, 2013, 06:57:34 PM »
Not familiar with the guy himself.  From you rpost Id say 6'3" is close enough so long as they highlight his beanpoll status a bit and/or make sure to cast a short murphy.  But the face to too rounded for the sharp, angular features I imagine on Harry.
He could lose a few pounds for the role :-)  This is some of his standup (WARNING: May be somewhat offensive to some...there are swear words): http://youtu.be/7d-TkmL5BGs  My favorite is the part about the Germans (starts at about 1:45).  He was also on the TV show Whitney.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #6277 on: November 11, 2013, 07:00:57 PM »
I saw pictures, and I would accept him based on his looks. I haven't seen him playing so no opinion about that.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6278 on: November 11, 2013, 07:03:37 PM »

Did you see him on Whitney?  I know there were issues with the show, but I thought he did a good job.  But I don't think I see him as Harry.

My stand-up comedian of choice for Harry is Jeff Dye.   

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #6279 on: November 11, 2013, 07:10:14 PM »
Warning: RANT.
I just saw there is a "perfect casting part 3" thread. I am upset. I consider it superfluous and, frankly, quite rude to all people posting here. And given the problem with the poster who was claiming for a new thread, I see it as a hit in the face.  I would have said this in that thread, but I don't really want to participate in it, so this is the next best thing.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #6280 on: November 11, 2013, 07:16:07 PM »
ya, saw that.  What can ya do... :-\
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline AndiSue

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6281 on: November 11, 2013, 07:18:20 PM »
Yes, I did see Chris D'Elia in Whitney and I always liked him in it.

I'm somewhat familiar with Jeff Dye...I'm not sure I "see" him as Harry, though.  He seems too young and not dark enough.  But hey...to each his own.  That's the fun of fantasy casting!

On a somewhat-related topic, I recently marathon-watched Season 1 of Arrow on Netflix and amused myself by imagining what Quentin Lance would do if Blackthorne could have brought the Dresden-powers to the role.

Did you see him on Whitney?  I know there were issues with the show, but I thought he did a good job.  But I don't think I see him as Harry.

My stand-up comedian of choice for Harry is Jeff Dye.   

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #6282 on: November 11, 2013, 07:25:10 PM »
Yes, I did see Chris D'Elia in Whitney and I always liked him in it.

I'm somewhat familiar with Jeff Dye...I'm not sure I "see" him as Harry, though.  He seems too young and not dark enough.  But hey...to each his own.  That's the fun of fantasy casting!

On a somewhat-related topic, I recently marathon-watched Season 1 of Arrow on Netflix and amused myself by imagining what Quentin Lance would do if Blackthorne could have brought the Dresden-powers to the role.
I prefer to imagine what would happen if Lance were confronted with Harry (ie a magical and non-alcoholic version of himself) :P
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #6283 on: November 11, 2013, 07:29:10 PM »
I imagine the powers of a real daughter of Dresden and River Song.
Missing you, Md 

Offline AndiSue

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6284 on: November 11, 2013, 07:44:10 PM »
I prefer to imagine what would happen if Lance were confronted with Harry (ie a magical and non-alcoholic version of himself) :P
Oooo...interesting...