Poll

Is Mister Butcher going to be in your area?

Yes
22 (44%)
No
28 (56%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Is Mister Butcher going to be in your area?  (Read 10781 times)

Offline Abeille

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Is Mister Butcher going to be in your area?
« on: February 04, 2010, 03:48:09 PM »
I am very sad that Mister Butcher will not be able to make it anywhere in my area. Those of you who have the same dilemma, and those of you who are lucky ( :P ) share in you fourtune here. :)

Hopefully we can get him somewhere on the north-east coast soon for those of you near there :) I am trying to get Spat (that man in charge of organizing Wizard World Comic Cons.) to contact Mister Butcher's agent, he is just always busy. He wants me to do it, but I have the feeling that they would not believe a 15 year old girl when she says she is calling on behalf of Wizard World, hahahe!

Offline Aludra

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Is Mister Butcher going to be in your area?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 05:34:47 PM »
Define area?
I could visit him in Houston via a day trip, but I am going to be doing a late Easter at my parent's house in Arkansas instead.
I'm clicking yes, cuz technically Houston is close enough to Dallas for me on an average weekend.
I knew him when he was just an IBM
John Scalzi, Android's Dream

DV Aludra v1.2 YR2 FR1.5 BK+ RP JB TH(!TH) ?WG ?CL SW+ BC- MC---- SH[Murphy-, Molly--, Lara+]

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @stellamortis
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 06:31:15 PM »
Define area?
I could visit him in Houston via a day trip, but I am going to be doing a late Easter at my parent's house in Arkansas instead.
I'm clicking yes, cuz technically Houston is close enough to Dallas for me on an average weekend.
I think this is cause most Texans tend to have a different view of distance than most other people.  I don't blink twice at the thought of driving six hours to go somewhere for the weekend, or even overnight, but my b/f refuses to go further than maybe 3 hours away.  I grew up in West Tx and made many trips to Corpus for weekend visits with family, and my b/f grew up in Connecticut.  Going by the TX definition, the West Virginia appearance is in my area.  Going by my b/f's, nothing is.
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." Ray Bradbury

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 07:15:55 PM »
I've been eyeing up that WV appearance.  :D  It's about 6.5 hours from me.
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline Berrylovely

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 08:57:46 PM »
Well Columbus OH is about a 3-4 hour drive for me, but otherwise he won't really be anywhere close.

Then again I am not sure how close Fayette MO is from Indianapolis either so who knows, maybe that would be close. I draw the line to about 2.5 hours one way for being close I guess. I have a friend in Dayton and we will see Kim Harrison there on Feb 25th. That's close enough to go, have some fun and drive back in one day, at least for me.
All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them.~Walt Disney

There can be only ONE of you for ALL time. Fearlessly Be Yourself.

..When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.~WHMS

Offline cass

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 03:41:57 AM »
Not for the Changes signing tour, he isn't,  but I hold out hope that sometime in the next twelve books he'll favor Minneapolis again. Maybe.
Of course, not buying the hardcover lets me spend money on baseball tickets (stupid schedule...) so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Offline Khymera

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 04:44:29 AM »
I'm only a two hour drive from Houston, so it's a relatively small drive. That said, this country boy doesn't like Houston traffic...

I also agree wholeheartedly with Starbeam. Driving to San Antonio or Austin for the weekend? No sweat. I used to drive thirty miles just to go to the grocery store. I spent a summer in Raleigh, but nobody wanted to drive even as far as the mall ten miles away.  ???
2+2=5
(For extremely large values of 2.)

Offline Yeratel

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 12:42:11 AM »
The closest he's going to be to me is Dragon Con in Atlanta, which is an 8-hour drive each way, plus hotel, plus admission to Dragon Con. I like Dresden and Alera and all, but not $500+ worth to hear a panel discussion, and maybe get a book signed. It's only a day trip to Orlando or Savannah, so if Mr, Butcher does a signing or a Con there sometime over the next few books, I'll be happy to see him.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. " -RAH

Offline Spectacular Sameth

• Posty McPostington
  • At least 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
    • View Profile
    • Dragon City
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 10:35:41 AM »
Define area?

Personally, I don't travel much outside of the DFW area.

Offline JennySy

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 01:33:44 PM »
I, for one, know he's not going anywhere near my area for years. I'm half a world away :(
A jar!

Offline PCBones

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 07:38:16 AM »
Yes Mr Jim Bitcher will be coming to our area (San Diego) in april and we are very excited to be going to see him.  My son went last year and told us all about it..sounded like alot of fun.  We will be going with a small group of major Jim Butcher fans!!  Can't wait. :D

Offline Sūlien

• Conversationalist
  • Wounded, old and treacherous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 01:35:03 AM »
I'm incredibly lucky, Jim Butcher is coming to both Seattle, WA, and Portland, OR.  Since I'm out on the Pacific coast and just about mid way between the two locations distance wise, I plan on going to the signing in Portland, because the drive down on Highway 101 is much nicer.
Be the kind of woman who, when her feet hit the ground in the morning, the Devil says, "Oh crap, she's awake!"

"A government is a group of people usually notably ungoverned."
Captain Mal Reynolds, "Firefly"

meh

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 02:42:26 AM »

They're in Huntington WV on what looks to be the first weekend of Gauley river releases.   ;D

Are you sure Jim and Susan aren't whitewater fans?

Offline Persephone

• Posty McPostington
  • Random, uncensored, bizarre, but worth it!
    • View Profile
    • My Official Photography Site
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 09:08:55 AM »
Jims not coming my way this year. But he was an hour away from me in 08... And apparently came to my town (AND NO ONE TOLD ME!  :o  :o  >:( ) in 2007. Of course I didn't join the Boards until 2008 so I have only myself to blame.
Meeting him was a joy, and I really want another chance to meet both him and Shannon again. Shannon is just as awesome as Jim. Really!
Currently the closest he's comng to Colorado is Tuscon. Which is disappointing, because my husband won't take out a loan so I can go.  ;) :D
Persephone aka The Liz
Queen of Hellfire  ~"Long May She Reign"~
twitter @theliz13
Science Fiction Writer
My Little Pony Addict.
"The devils NOT in the details, he's named in my divorce"

Offline Bludrose

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2010, 02:10:13 AM »
Mister Butcher will be in Lee's Summit (suburb of Kansas City) and I'm bringing the whole family (I've addicted them all muahhahahahahahaaaa!!)