Author Topic: Jim's 2010 Schedule  (Read 45717 times)

Offline Tribblechomper

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Photoshoplifter Dan
Re: Jim's 2010 Schedule
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2010, 09:50:32 PM »
No Chicago stop but Columbus Ohio is not too far. Google maps says it's a 6 hour drive.  It's a 1 hour flight.

Ah, but if you do not drive (because you selfishly wish to avoid mowing down pedestrians whilst having an epileptic seizure), have a wife that DOES drive (but would sooner hang by her toes from a flagpole than drive 6 hours), and haven't the $$ to fly anything larger than a paper airplane, you are screwed. :( :( :( :(
November 15, 2008-A day that will live in infamy...let's hope I'm not in the hospital THIS birthday!!!
Ah done an' went an' gots me a WEBSITE, y'all!!!
www.photoshoplifterdan.com

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2010, 10:04:52 PM »
Ah, but if you do not drive (because you selfishly wish to avoid mowing down pedestrians whilst having an epileptic seizure), have a wife that DOES drive (but would sooner hang by her toes from a flagpole than drive 6 hours), and haven't the $$ to fly anything larger than a paper airplane, you are screwed. :( :( :( :(

Sounds like time to stockpile wifely brownie points. ;D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

meh

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2010, 12:21:03 AM »
Time to carpool with more fanbois.

6 hours to Columbus?  Where you starting from?

(Too bad the event is long past).

Offline jbigelow22

• Participant
  • Bob knows best
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2010, 01:11:10 AM »
Any East Coast stops coming up for book signings? Saw Jim is attending NY Comiccon (hope that's right) but not sure if he will sign copies of Changes.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2010, 03:01:16 AM »
Any East Coast stops coming up for book signings? Saw Jim is attending NY Comiccon (hope that's right) but not sure if he will sign copies of Changes.

He'll sign anything you put in front of him, as long as it's not a body part. :D

Offline Araris Dresden

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2010, 03:09:53 AM »
He'll sign anything you put in front of him, as long as it's not a body part. :D

Is this from past experience?

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2010, 10:38:18 AM »
Is this from past experience?

Past observation.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2010, 11:23:56 AM »
Shannon has a gun, and she knows how to use it.  She won't be at NYCC, but she'll know.

Offline knnn

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2010, 02:25:17 PM »
Does this apply only to human body parts (like the 7 laws)?
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline Magnus

• Posty McPostington
  • Secret Vampire of The Chiro Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2010, 02:50:03 PM »
I don't think it would be a good idea to take something elses body part with you :P
Full assed FTW! :)

"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library." -Jorge Luis Borges

Offline warden_fernandez

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2010, 03:23:40 PM »
I wonder if he's ever coming to this part of the world, specially Spain, Italy, or UK?
like 'love','hope' is one of those ridiculously disproportional words that by all rights should be a lot longer

Offline Kuriositys Kat

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2010, 05:35:09 AM »
Does this apply only to human body parts (like the 7 laws)?

I was thinking more on the order of a Sue replica skull. Not that I am going to be anywhere in the northern hemisphere soon but it is a thought. Pity his schedule and travel time conflicts, Worldcon 68/Aussiecon 4 would be a googlplex of awesome.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold.  Come on, Ace. We've got work to do!" - The Doctor

Offline bakajin

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2010, 03:49:19 AM »
Me and my buddy are planning to see Jim and Shannon in Williamsburg VA January 12-14 for Marscon.  He and she are the guests of honor for that con.  Totally looking forward to it as it will be my second time seeing Jim in person (first was fencon in Dallas about 4-5 years back).  Honestly one of the nicest guys in person I have ever met.  You can tell a lot about a person in how they treat their fans.

Offline badmojojojo

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2010, 04:00:54 PM »
No visit to Comic Con 2010? Cry ...

Shedding tear here too. I met him last year at SDCC and was hoping he'd attend this year. I would love to have him sign my new DFRPG books.

Oh well, maybe next year.
Currently reading: Dead Beat

Offline cymry

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2010, 06:12:53 PM »
Hey WV isn't too, too far. :)
Awh, when was he in DC? Will he be going back there anytime soon?