Linked Events

• Jim at Dragon*Con: September 03, 2010 - September 06, 2010

Author Topic: Jim at Dragon*Con 2010  (Read 83214 times)

Offline IEatChibi

• Conversationalist
  • April 23rd, April 23rd!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Jim at Dragon*Con 2010
« Reply #255 on: September 12, 2010, 01:46:45 PM »
Oh my god, Dragon*Con was amazing. It was my first time at the convention- Jim + 18th birthday was kinda the impetus to finally go ;D
I foolishly showed up at the signing only an hour and a half early- and was 400th in line. A ton of people left, and I ended up being cut 6 people before the room. Yeah.....
So I went to the second signing, ended up being 4th in that one, which was then....sadly but predictably disbanded. The upside was that I got to meet a ton of Dresden fans (most of whom are probably on this forum!). And after that, I pretty much stalked all Butcher panels in hope of an impromptu signing. I was the Fellowship vampire next to the 6'9" Dresden (my brother) with an awesome Bob, if anyone remembers. Even though I never got a book signed, the panels were great, and Jim was hilarious. So, still a definite success! I really, really hope he goes next year..... And maybe D*C will plan for massive amounts of fans next year! ;)
And to Jim, thanks for braving the crush of humanity that is Con to come to the panels and signings! I don't know if you even managed to see any other part or panel, but your attendance was greatly appreciated! ;D

(I did manage to get Backup signed by Mignola, though!) :D :D :D
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside a dog, it's too dark to read."   -Groucho Marx

“It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living."   -Terry Pratchett

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #256 on: September 12, 2010, 01:58:22 PM »
The first video clip has been posted!  It's just one question, but it's an interesting one: http://vimeo.com/14833260

Come on, internet.  Cough up those videos!

Offline Magnus

• Posty McPostington
  • Secret Vampire of The Chiro Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 12, 2010, 03:20:08 PM »
I think this is the cartoon he is talking about in the video: http://headtripcomics.comicgenesis.com/d/20100414.html
Nice to hear about the pieces on the board though.

And I agree with Priscellie especially since I wasn't there.
Cough up those videos! Internet.
Full assed FTW! :)

"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library." -Jorge Luis Borges

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #258 on: September 12, 2010, 03:27:18 PM »
Yup, that's it! 

Offline ThriceISay

• Conversationalist
  • "Finish that sentence, Raith, and we throw down."
    • View Profile
    • Tower of Turtles Productions
« Reply #259 on: September 12, 2010, 05:41:54 PM »
I think this is the cartoon he is talking about in the video: http://headtripcomics.comicgenesis.com/d/20100414.html

Yep, Amanda draws "Head Trip."  We were sitting in the back of that panel, and we whipped out our cell phones as soon as he started mentioning it:  "OMG he's narrating your comic!"  Amanda:  ".....!!!"
"It doesn't really translate into Martian." - Aftermath

Offline FarSky

• Lurker
  • Die. In the face.
    • View Profile
    • Near Ground
« Reply #260 on: September 12, 2010, 11:01:43 PM »
The first video clip has been posted!  It's just one question, but it's an interesting one: http://vimeo.com/14833260

Come on, internet.  Cough up those videos!
Aye, that's mine. I so very much wish I'd been able to record the entire interview...we waited about three hours in line before the event started to get in, but it was sooooo worth it. Unfortunately, I only had my iPhone on me, and so was only able to record part of the panel (due to hard drive restraints), so I opted for my friend's question. :)

Much <3 for the origin of Bob, as well as Jim's martial arts story. :)
FarSky

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 13, 2010, 01:37:00 AM »
Yep, Amanda draws "Head Trip."  We were sitting in the back of that panel, and we whipped out our cell phones as soon as he started mentioning it:  "OMG he's narrating your comic!"  Amanda:  ".....!!!"

You know the writer of "Head Trip"? Awesome.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline ThriceISay

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 13, 2010, 02:32:13 AM »
You know the writer of "Head Trip"? Awesome.

Dude!  YOU know the writer of "The Dresden Files!" :)  (It is fun watching writers squee over each other, though.  ;D )

Offline ThriceISay

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 13, 2010, 02:33:35 AM »
Much <3 for the origin of Bob, as well as Jim's martial arts story. :)

"You no make good punch."  ROTFL!  Told that story to my partner at fight practice tonight!

And OMG Bob's impersonation!  I will NEVER hear Bob's voice the same way again.  The person asking the question said Shecky told him Jim does a good Bob impersonation and asked him to do it :D

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #264 on: September 13, 2010, 02:52:49 AM »
"You no make good punch."  ROTFL!  Told that story to my partner at fight practice tonight!

And OMG Bob's impersonation!  I will NEVER hear Bob's voice the same way again.  The person asking the question said Shecky told him Jim does a good Bob impersonation and asked him to do it :D

WANT.  VIDEO.

Shecky and I had the great fortune of hearing him read Bob back in '07.  A  He was reading unreleased material, so no one recorded it.  I wish I'd had the nerve to ask him if I could, only releasing it when he deemed it appropriate, if ever.  I have learned my lesson!

Offline Stiletto

• Posty McPostington
  • She who must not be named
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 14, 2010, 11:28:04 AM »
The first video clip has been posted!  It's just one question, but it's an interesting one: http://vimeo.com/14833260

Come on, internet.  Cough up those videos!

You can see me in line here too - the woman with short red hair, and a black shirt.  4th from the front, counting the questioner.
DV Stiletto v1.2 YR13 FR5 BK++++ RP+ JB++ TH+ WG  CL++ SW-- BC+ MC++++ SH(Molly++ Murphy +)

Offline Stiletto

• Posty McPostington
  • She who must not be named
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 14, 2010, 11:30:35 AM »
"You no make good punch."  ROTFL!  Told that story to my partner at fight practice tonight!

And OMG Bob's impersonation!  I will NEVER hear Bob's voice the same way again.  The person asking the question said Shecky told him Jim does a good Bob impersonation and asked him to do it :D

Shecky told HER, since I asked the question.  ;) Uhhhh, what does "much <3 mean," btw? I used to hear Bob with the British accent the character on the show used. I'm not sure if I will hear Jim's version of Bob now...not what I was expecting.
DV Stiletto v1.2 YR13 FR5 BK++++ RP+ JB++ TH+ WG  CL++ SW-- BC+ MC++++ SH(Molly++ Murphy +)

Offline Magis

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 14, 2010, 11:55:35 AM »
"Much love"

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 14, 2010, 01:38:10 PM »
Shecky told HER, since I asked the question.  ;) Uhhhh, what does "much <3 mean," btw? I used to hear Bob with the British accent the character on the show used. I'm not sure if I will hear Jim's version of Bob now...not what I was expecting.

Well, for quite some time, the only voice I heard for Bob while reading was Terrence Mann's (the TV show was my first exposure to TDF, although that was rapidly erased once I started on the books), and yes, Jim's voice with Bob was disconcerting... for about one line. Then I realized it fit the writing EXACTLY. As 'Cellie put it, the manic glee was dead-on. He's got to sound like a caffeined-up kid. :D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline ThriceISay

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 15, 2010, 11:22:33 AM »
Shecky told HER, since I asked the question.  ;)

WHOOPS!  Sorry!  It was early.  ;)

Uhhhh, what does "much <3 mean," btw?

One.  Two is just less than three.  One is MUCH less than three.  ;D

::duck::

Just kidding!  I can't find where someone wrote that, but it means "Much love."  :)