Linked Events

• Romantic Times Con. Houston,TX: April 25, 2007 - April 29, 2007

Author Topic: Jim at RT Convention  (Read 62954 times)

Offline Princess of Pique

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Jim at RT Convention
« Reply #165 on: May 03, 2007, 07:40:20 PM »
Have you ever have a day to were you feel like the biggest dolt in the world. Well, today was that day for me. I work right across the street from the where the RT Con is being held, as a security guard at the Allen Centers. I remember Mr.Butcher was to have a panel today between the hours of 5 and 6. So what do I do, I get 20 bucks and run across the street , yes in my stupid uniform. Now knowing nothing at all about Cons or asking anything about them I run into the Hyatt asking just about everyone person, which happened to be 90% women, if they knew who Jim Butcher was , when and where he was doing the book signning. With the help of four ,one of them being someone I saw at the dinner, that the book signning won't be until Satuday. I also got a crash course in how cons work from two women, one had a nickname of Chaoscat and the other lady worked at Lanes Library. Now, feeling like the biggest jasckass known to man I go back to work. See, I should have known better I should have checked the infromation and I should known times can change. I am sure you are wondering why I feel like the biggest dumbass...You run thru a hotel ,in stupid ass white security guard uniform ,FULL of women asking for Mr.Butcher and see how you feel. So, now that I know how cons work I'll be sure to check the information. If you were at the cons between the hours of 5 and 6 and saw some moron running around in a white sercuirty guard uniform ...that was me....go me yea :-\

I was the one from the dinner that you spoke to. You didn't seem like an ass at all. You seemed like a devoted fan. Nothing wrong with that.

;D

Wolfhowls

Re: Jim at RT Convention
« Reply #166 on: May 07, 2007, 02:52:04 AM »
Wow...thank you