Author Topic: Must... make... Dresden Files... MMORPG...  (Read 13510 times)

Offline Janathian

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Must... make... Dresden Files... MMORPG...
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 07:20:18 AM »
A World Of Darkness MMORPG is either currrently, or soon to be, in development by Crowd Crontol Productions, who acquired White Wolf. CCP has one MMO on the market, EVE Online. By all accounts it is the least MMO-like MMO on the market. It's almost entirely based on skills rather than combat.

It sounds promising. Keep in mind though, it will most likely be based on the new World of Darkness and not the old.

And they never specifically say Vampire or Werewolf MMO - it's always been referred to as a World Of Darkness MMO, which leads me to believe all WOD games will be included in the MMO.

On the other hand, White Wolf will be making a table top version of EVE Online.

Offline Beamer

• Conversationalist
  • Balance is the ultimate good
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2007, 05:35:27 AM »
I’m guessing that within the next 10 years MMO’s will catch up with where MUD’s & MUSH’s were 10 years ago.
Then online gaming will be fun again.

Beamer
Balance is the ultimate good

Offline Matrix Refugee (formerly Morraeon)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2007, 07:23:41 AM »
I'm currently playing the Matrix Online MMORPG, and considering the sheer number of people who've gone crazy playing lesbian vampires -- even though vampires are briefly mentioned in the second Matrix movie and appear in the two console games as hostiles -- on there, I shudder at the thought of a Dresden-verse MMORPG and the nuts who'd try warping the Red Court vampires out of shape. Or the thought of god-moding White Court vampires, since I had this one girl, who pretty much started the lesbian vampire craze, keep trying to turn my character into a vampire.

Offline cybrgrl

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2007, 03:01:43 PM »
No ,but I would love to see a story-heavy single-player RPG like SW:KoTOR or an adventure game like Still Life based in Harry's Chicagoland.

I second that.  SW:KoTOR, VtM: Bloodlines, and Bladerunner would all be excellent role models for a Dresdenverse single-player (or small network) game.

As far as MUDs (ah, found memories of IgorMUD!), MUSHes, and MMORPGs, take a look at this little gem:
http://urbandead.com/
A web/text-based MMORPG!

Reaper

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2007, 12:58:59 PM »
I second that.  SW:KoTOR, VtM: Bloodlines, and Bladerunner would all be excellent role models for a Dresdenverse single-player (or small network) game.

As far as MUDs (ah, found memories of IgorMUD!), MUSHes, and MMORPGs, take a look at this little gem:
http://urbandead.com/
A web/text-based MMORPG!

Cool!