Author Topic: Have other RPG games influenced DFRPG?  (Read 1450 times)

Offline Tush Hog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Have other RPG games influenced DFRPG?
« on: October 28, 2009, 12:14:20 AM »
I was wondering if other games, released since you began working on DF (other than SoTC), have influenced the rpg? I know you guys are big fans of 4e (me too) - was there anything in 4e that made you say "let's implement that in DF somehow." Or what about some of the more recent FATE games like Starblazers and Diaspora? Have you read them and said "hey, we have to do something with that"?

Just curious if any recent games have changed the way you thought about DF in any way.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: Have other RPG games influenced DFRPG?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 12:43:37 AM »
Our perspective on powers implementation was pretty static by the time we got hit with our 4e enthusiasm. That said, I was for a while influenced by the "permissions" concept in Wild Talents, but our DF implementation of that turned out to be a little too cumbersome.  Digging deeper on the roots of SOTC, we were definitely influenced to an extent by Exalted there, though I think the fingerprints of that have faded by the time we get to DF.

I'll try to think more about this question and see if I come up with anything more.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/