Linked Events

• Jim at Phauxcon (PA): October 05, 2007 - October 07, 2007

Author Topic: Jim to appear at Phauxcon 2007, October 5-7 (Philadelphia)  (Read 37319 times)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
Re: Jim to appear at Phauxcon 2007, October 5-7 (Philadelphia)
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 04:34:49 PM »
Woohoo! So now I'll be spending the next two days with my cursor hovering over the "Refresh" button. ;D We're (wife and I) still in on the Friday dinner, right? I only ask 'cause I'm Mr. OCD. ;)

*edit* And speaking of OCD, I'd just like to get some info from anyone who knows the hotel and its area. Specifically, food - is there a good bagel place nearby, or is the hotel breakfast decent? What about lunch? I see we only have an hour for lunch, so I'm assuming something fast-foodish is near or that the hotel has a reasonable restaurant.

On a more general note, how many people do we have so far for the con and for the Friday dinner in particular? 'Cause we just might be persuaded to bring a couple dozen of the best bagels on the planet for Saturday morning if the numbers are small enough. :)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 04:43:54 PM by Shecky »
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 05:08:15 PM »
Shecky, all your questions will be answered soonest if directed to Xionin at the info(a)phauxcon.com address.  And for future reference under the "additional options" whenever you make a post, you can select "Notify me of replies," which will send you an email whenever anyone posts in this thread.  It saves you a lot of refreshing!

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2007, 05:34:57 PM »
You have a point. With the refreshing "issue", though, I have to refresh my browser window anyway, but I still should've remembered the info@ address (we exchanged a few emails a while back). Duh. ;D

The question about anyone who knows the hotel and the area, however, I'm putting out to everyone to get as much info as possible. :) It's called "doing my research" *coughpickingeveryoneelse'sbrainsoIdon'thavetodoanyresearchmyselfhack*. ;)
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline xionin

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • PhauxCon
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2007, 02:00:32 PM »
The question about anyone who knows the hotel and the area, however, I'm putting out to everyone to get as much info as possible. :) It's called "doing my research" *coughpickingeveryoneelse'sbrainsoIdon'thavetodoanyresearchmyselfhack*. ;)

hiya shecky!

the hotel is smack dab in the middle of downtown. there are, literally, dozens of restaurants within walking distance; everything from delis to brazilian steakhouses to irish pubs. the hotel breakfast is supposed to be pretty good. i've never eaten there, but it's hot, it's free (for guests) and it's what they use as a selling point.

there's also an awesome belgian waffle house right down the street. mmmmm hehe

i'm sure you'll be able to find something to satisfy your tummy over the weekend. but feel free to bring bagels. :)

~x

ps, yes you're both on the list for the dinner.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2007, 10:58:05 AM »
hiya shecky!

the hotel is smack dab in the middle of downtown. there are, literally, dozens of restaurants within walking distance; everything from delis to brazilian steakhouses to irish pubs. the hotel breakfast is supposed to be pretty good. i've never eaten there, but it's hot, it's free (for guests) and it's what they use as a selling point.

there's also an awesome belgian waffle house right down the street. mmmmm hehe

i'm sure you'll be able to find something to satisfy your tummy over the weekend. but feel free to bring bagels. :)

~x

ps, yes you're both on the list for the dinner.

*ahem* Boo. Yah.

You really can't say that in a dignified way, can you? ;D

Yeah, we're just ruled by our stomachs. :)

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2007, 05:11:16 PM »
You guys who are going, you will post what you heard, felt, learned right? For those of us stuck behind office desks and work schedules, right?   :D
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2007, 05:34:28 PM »
Absolutely! But since no one's replying positively to my "Are you going to PhauxCon?" thread, I'm going to assume that there won't be that much to report. ;)

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2007, 05:35:38 PM »
You guys who are going, you will post what you heard, felt, learned right? For those of us stuck behind office desks and work schedules, right?   :D

You know we will!  Actually, if I can figure out a system and if I can get Jim's permission, I'd like to record the Jim Q&A.

And Shecky, where's the thread?  Edit:  Never mind!  Found it!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 05:39:41 PM by Priscellie »

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2007, 12:47:05 AM »
Wow, that would be great Priscellie.  Really would be great. Wish I could be there...

Also that way Shecky's fingers won't get twisted up trying to keep us posted!
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2007, 11:53:06 AM »
Wow, that would be great Priscellie.  Really would be great. Wish I could be there...

Also that way Shecky's fingers won't get twisted up trying to keep us posted!

No worries there. I type REALLY fast.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2007, 04:27:54 PM »
You know we will!  Actually, if I can figure out a system and if I can get Jim's permission, I'd like to record the Jim Q&A.

And Shecky, where's the thread?  Edit:  Never mind!  Found it!

My wife has an old camcorder (super 8 or whatever it's called) but we have no way of transferring it to an electronic file; otherwise, I'd charge that puppy up overnight as a just-in-case.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2007, 04:30:37 PM »
My wife has an old camcorder (super 8 or whatever it's called) but we have no way of transferring it to an electronic file; otherwise, I'd charge that puppy up overnight as a just-in-case.

Do you have one of those adapter things that allows you to play it on a VCR?  Because if you have a friend with a DVR, you can just hook the two together and burn the footage to a DVD.  I've done it before!

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2007, 04:54:05 PM »
Do you have one of those adapter things that allows you to play it on a VCR?  Because if you have a friend with a DVR, you can just hook the two together and burn the footage to a DVD.  I've done it before!

We have the right cables (i.e., RCA jacks at the other end), but all we have is TiVo, and it's really picky about its inputs. We don't know anyone with a media-capable PC, either. :(

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2007, 05:30:13 PM »
Don't worry about it, then!  I'm pretty sure I'll be able to rig up something with my webcam.

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2007, 05:52:51 PM »
 ;D ;D ;DBut only with Jim and Shannon's okay right? ;D ;D ;D