Linked Events

• Jim at StellarCon (NC): March 09, 2007 - March 11, 2007

Author Topic: Jim to appear at StellarCon (High Point, NC) - March 9-11, 2007  (Read 16848 times)

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline buzzymultimedia

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Jim to appear at StellarCon (High Point, NC) - March 9-11, 2007
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 09:27:32 PM »
 It is official, we ( the Buzzy ladies @ Buzzy Multimedia ) will have copies of White Knight for sale in time for Stellar Con and I-Con. So for those of you who were going to either convention and were going to stop by and say hello to Jim Butcher, this us your chance to get the book hot off the presses AND get it autographed. For those who just don't do hardcovers and have been waiting for Proven Guilty to be out in soft cover, we will have those as well.

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 06:05:01 AM »
It is official, we ( the Buzzy ladies @ Buzzy Multimedia ) will have copies of White Knight for sale in time for Stellar Con and I-Con. So for those of you who were going to either convention and were going to stop by and say hello to Jim Butcher, this us your chance to get the book hot off the presses AND get it autographed. For those who just don't do hardcovers and have been waiting for Proven Guilty to be out in soft cover, we will have those as well.

I am officially insanely jealous of those who get to go to those cons.
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 07:23:38 AM »

White Night in early March?  Okay, who is going, and what must I do to bribe them?

Offline Highlander_II

• Conversationalist
  • There can be only one!
    • View Profile
    • Highlander II's Medium-sized Kingdom
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 03:57:42 AM »

White Night in early March?  Okay, who is going, and what must I do to bribe them?

1) WOOOHOO!! "White Knight" at Stellar Con!

2) I'm going - what kind of bribes are you offering? :)

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 09:03:48 PM »

1) WOOOHOO!! "White Knight" at Stellar Con!

2) I'm going - what kind of bribes are you offering? :)

Taking this to PM! :D

Offline jffdougan

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 03:40:26 PM »
I'm trying to figure out Jim's schedule for things he's doing/participating in during this appearance. Is there one that somebody here can provide?

(I'm working on planning the trip, but planning in the absence of information is really difficult.)

Thanks in advance.

Offline MYST

• Lurker
  • Bob:.. What you know about women I could juggle..
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 11:10:40 PM »
I am also looking for information about the schedule of events there.  I was hoping the staff would post it as promised, but as of yet nothing.  If anyone can help I'd be most appreciative.  This is the first con of this type I will be attending.   ;D  REALLY looking forward to seeing Jim Butcher and hopefully getting the copies of White Knight I intend to purchase signed. 

Thanks!
M
Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps...  Then again I do soooo like chewing on things...

Offline Corbin DeBec

• Participant
  • Elve's they taste like chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 10:09:48 AM »
I'm heading to stellarcon also, the question of event schedule has come up and one was gonna be posted on the site, they have a yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stellarcon_org/messages and some of the questions get answered pretty fast, and this is what i've gathered from the post.  First and foremost Jim Butcher is expected to be near the buzzymultimedia booth, and those are the ladies selling white night, it is predicted that he'll be roaming around like other cons, doing readings signing and I think someone said "singing".  As for what the rest of the events are I know positive answers from members of the staff say that the dance will be friday night, the charity auction will be saturday night and the robot battles will be sunday morning.  I think the rest as far as guest speakers and seminars will be coordnated between the guest themselves. Bad news is the actual stellarcon site may be offline starting today so they can be setting up for the con, but the yahoo group to my knowledge will still be there and other people attending may know more or even let you know if i'm right.  good luck see ya there.
Spirit of the Century Character, Mike "The Cashier" Green aka Cash Green
Holding "The Tommygun of Holy Vengance"

Offline Corbin DeBec

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 10:15:34 PM »
this link should take you to a pdf of the event schedule it was posted today good luck
http://www.stellarcon.org/pdfs/32schedule.pdf

Offline Corbin DeBec

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 11:12:04 AM »
Had a wonderful time at stellarcon, and let me say this Jim Butcher, His Wife and Fred Hicks, are the coolest people you'd ever want to meet, once you get past the intimidation Wow Jim Butcher, talking with any of the three you feel like you're talking with someone who is just interested in the same things you are, but have slightly more info on the inner workings of the dresden world and Evil hat Rpg's put lol or duh here whatever works good for ya. 

Thanks so much for coming and I know my buddy and I are gonna make the friends that didn't come regret it.

Offline Darth KTrava

• Conversationalist
  • Harry Dresden vs. Harry Potter Who would win?
    • View Profile
    • Stellarcon 31
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 03:28:06 AM »
There's no way I can say I was intimidated by meeting Jim as I'd already met him at a "little" convention he was at last year, Dragoncon. I was able to go out to eat with him, Shannon, several other guests and various con staff members (for I am a con staffer) at a local Longhorn Steakhouse. After he'd had a long, sorta rough flight, when asked about what and where for dinner, Jim simply replied, "BEEF OR CHICKEN!!" with no other preference than that....

I was able to attend his Dresden Files panel on Friday night but, alas, didn't take notes. One should ask him his proposed titles for DF novels that didn't make it past his editors. "Holy Sheet" was one of them.  :D

Also attended his one-on-one Q&A session with Nth Degree fanzine writer (owner?) Mike Pederson. There were pretty good questions until he got to his "10 questions" which were off the wall. '

Got my books (including the pre-release) White Night signed by him on Saturday afternoon. There was a pretty good turnout for a signing that wasn't advertised other than word of mouth Friday night. And maybe Saturday AM, as I mentioned it to a few people. He held the signing at the Buzzy Multimedia booth after politely declining the offer of the autograph table provided for the guests to use. Presumably due to it being an unofficial signing session. The official one was scheduled for late Sunday morning as he had to leave after it to head to the airport.

All in all, both he and Shannon had a great time at the con! I even floored Shannon by being the only one to have her book for her to sign.

Never mind that Jim was coming off a cold and taking medicine and mixing that with BURN! a new energy drink..... :D He didn't want the "hard questions" Friday night to occur until the drink kicked in... (questions like the lack of the Blue Beetle that became more humorous than serious, it seemed....) I don't think anyone was serious in asking the "hard questions" after that comment about waiting on the BURN to kick in..... we were having TOO MUCH FUN in that panel!!!  ;D

Fred Hicks was pretty cool although I didn't get to see him much....

Highlander: were you the person I saw who got SIX or SEVEN copies signed on Saturday?? If so, no wonder why the books sold out quickly.....  :P

Corbin: glad you got to go and have fun.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2007, 05:41:35 AM »
Highlander: were you the person I saw who got SIX or SEVEN copies signed on Saturday?? If so, no wonder why the books sold out quickly.....  :P

She got six/seven copies?  Wow.  Guess Amber and I weren't the only ones to stoop to petty bribery. :D

And my copy should arrive TOMORROW!  *does the dance of joy*

Offline Corbin DeBec

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2007, 12:55:10 PM »
I was the one who JOKENLY tried to sell my copy of white night at the dresden panel for 300 bucks after someone said it was sold out and the compulation books for 400, think all but one person in the audience found it to be funny as it was meant to be.

Offline littlemom_3

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 01:21:22 PM »
It was wonderful to meet all of you and Jim Butcher and Fred Hix, also. I never got to meet Shannon, sorry I missed it. It was a wonderful convention and I had a great time. Jim Butcher is a great guest and I am gad that I drove up there to meet him. I can't wait for more books and to see him at other events.

Unity