Author Topic: Are we missing an event?  (Read 73795 times)

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Are we missing an event?
« on: December 21, 2006, 04:25:10 PM »
Are we missing a Jim-related event?  Tell us, by replying to this post, and we'll try to get it added to the calendar if it's appropriate.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 04:57:51 PM by iago »
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline lilikat

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Are we missing an event?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 03:57:18 PM »
This is more of a question. I saw on the Romantic Times website for the conference that Jim and Shannon would be there. I didn't see it on this calendar, so I was wondering if they will or won't be attending in April?
Thanks

Offline sftv

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Arizona Book Festival April 14, Poisoned Pen April 15
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 07:06:06 PM »
Jim will be making a couple of appearances in the Phoenix area in April.

First is the Arizona Book Festival on Saturday, April 14th, in Phoenix.   www.azbookfestival.org

Second is the Poisoned Pen book store in Scottsdale on Sunday at noon. www.poisonedpen.com

Lee Whiteside

Offline johnkingtarpinian

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 05:30:17 AM »
It appears that a book signing that I am looking forward to attending is not yet posted in the calendar.  It is at Mystery and Imagination, 238 N. Brand Blvd, Glendale, CA on April 6th at 1 p.m.  (yes, Good Friday)  If you need to verify this the book shop's phone number is 818.545.0206.

Offline karmakaze

• Participant
  • mostly harmless
    • View Profile
    • Karmakaze
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 06:12:31 PM »
In case any of y'all use upcoming.org, I added a jimbutcher tag: http://upcoming.org/tag/jimbutcher/
"I'm not evil... I'm differently motivated"

Offline eyeofhorus

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Eye of Horus Myth & Ritual Store
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 12:46:22 PM »
Looks like Jim is going to be at Uncle Hugo's in Minneapolis on April 9th... at least, according to their site.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
That sign looks like it was either made or bought.

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 09:37:54 PM »
I've got a listing for Mysterious Galaxy in San Diego on April 7th.

*hops all of these dates are true*
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline jtaylor

• Posty McPostington
  • Bob: Offline but not forgotten.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 12:55:58 AM »
Minneapolis to San Diego in 2 days? Man try to get some sleep on the flight, it looks like you wont be getting much else.
A noble spirit enbiggens the smallest man.

Offline Nancy

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Deuces Wild
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 11:47:59 PM »
Jim's events are a wee bit north and west of me - alas, southern girl.  Any chance we might see him at Dragon*Con in Atlanta this year?
My pen is bigger than your pen!

Offline Ard Rhys

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 09:07:30 PM »
New Event Added -- Online!

Hi All,

I usually let the officials on a website deal with this kind of news post -- undoubtedly of which some of you will call spam but has very good intentions for some -- but due to the shortened ordering period it must go up now for all to see.

My name is Shawn and I am the owner of The Signed Page, a website devoted to bringing signed or personalized books to those fans who can't meet with their favorite writers.  A writer can only tour so many cities -- as some of you noticed when Jim's tour was posted -- leaving many fans the inability to get a signed or personalized book for cover price.  The Signed Page helps bridge that gap a bit.

This morning, Jim's publicist contacted me about having him sign for The Signed Page.  The good news is Jim will sign and personalize copies of White Night; the bad news is he will be doing so in 8 days on April 3rd, which is far too short a time to effectively publicize this to all fans who might be interested.  At any rate, we are going to do the best we can to give Jim something to do while he is here in Seattle.  Smiley

In short, spread the word about this to anyone you think would take advantage of it.

Feel free to visit the website at http://www.signedpage.com.  Many questions can be answered there but I'll respond via email as soon as possible too to any questions posed.

Hope you all are great!

Shawn

Offline Lady Red

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 05:11:42 PM »
Jim's events are a wee bit north and west of me - alas, southern girl.  Any chance we might see him at Dragon*Con in Atlanta this year?

Agreed Nancy!! Last year I went to DragonCon solely to meet Jim. It was my first time at a convention and made our plans at the very last minute to drive up to Atlanta from Tampa, Florida once my hubby and I found out that Jim was going to appear!

I would love to see him there again this year so that I am able to attend his panel. Last year we had to leave early due to obligations, but at least I got a picture of Jim with my hubby :)

Offline DRD2001

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • People's Republic of Venture
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2007, 04:51:25 PM »
Ditto on Dragon*Con. I'm new to the book series and didn't get the opportunity to attend any related panels in 2006.

I'm also looking to see if anyone here is interested or willing to run a fan table in the Marriott mezzanine. I'd do it, but I'm already committed to another fan group. Fan tables are free, BTW. But if someone were interested, I'm more than willing to offer my experience, skills and resources to the endeavor. I've been organizing and running them for various groups for the past 4 years.

Offline xionin

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • PhauxCon
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2007, 06:28:55 PM »
jim will be with our special guest at www.PhauxCon.com in philadelphia this october.  :)

we're still putting the program together.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2007, 06:38:37 PM »
Yup!  There's a post here reserved for PhauxCon info, whenever you're ready to make the announcement.

Offline xionin

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • PhauxCon
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2007, 06:48:16 PM »
Yup!  There's a post here reserved for PhauxCon info, whenever you're ready to make the announcement.

ah, cool. missed that. :)

should be very soon. thanks!