Author Topic: What sort of things can we expect from the Dresden Files RPG?  (Read 7503 times)

Offline Willowhugger

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • The United Federation of Charles
What sort of things can we expect from the Dresden Files RPG?
« on: December 18, 2006, 09:06:25 PM »
From what we've seen thus far it'll contain rules for magic, the monsters, and how to create city based campaigns with a Dresden "feel" from what I can tell.

What else will we see in the future? A possible history of magic or information beyond the books or is that exceeding the grasp of Jim Butcher's work?
Check out my blog: http://unitedfederationofcharles.blogspot.com/
Twitter: @Willowhugger

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: What sort of things can we expect from the Dresden Files RPG?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 09:15:54 PM »
From what we've seen thus far it'll contain rules for magic, the monsters, and how to create city based campaigns with a Dresden "feel" from what I can tell.

What else will we see in the future? A possible history of magic or information beyond the books or is that exceeding the grasp of Jim Butcher's work?

We're trying to stay as grounded in the books as we can.  If we get super-speculative (without getting that speculation from Jim), we run the risk of producing a game that would be *contradicted* by the books.  Not quite what we want.

That said, we are trying to go deep on things from the books, at least in a game-sense (f'rex, we have the complete list of the laws of magic, that sort of thing), and our setting chapter's looking to clock in at over 40 pages (possibly more, depending on how we lay it out).
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/