Author Topic: Your Episode Ideas Here  (Read 63789 times)

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: Your Episode Ideas Here
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2009, 11:44:50 PM »
First, I do not know how to access podcasts. Help???

It is Ivy's 18th birthday. and Harry is throwing a birthday party for her. Nothing bad happens. It is like a Thanksgiving dinner with the entire Adams family.
We're not asking for story ideas. The podcast is a news-items type of thing.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline txbobfan

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2010, 07:22:05 PM »
What about a Bob's 2009 Favorites List?  Books, music, movies, tv, comic or favorite butter?  Or a What is Bob Currently reading, watching and or listening to?

M@
I don't know about your true form, but the weight of your ego sure is pushing the crust of the earth toward the breaking point.

Offline cbmurphy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2010, 07:46:33 PM »
How about a tag-along interview with the Butchers as they both appear as special guests at some fiction convention?  Or has it been done already?
Malt does more than Milton can, to justify God's ways to man.

Offline fardawg

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2010, 04:54:02 PM »
I hope you're still doing the podcast. I just discovered it.
I didn't go through the list so forgive me if these have already been suggested.

I would love to hear a series of episodes where Jim talks about his writing process and what specific structure his teacher had him use that led to Storm Front.

I would also like to hear some episodes specifically on world building and how he uses, and tweaks, classic ideas of mythological beings. I love the "Pokemon combined with Lost Legion and Big Trouble" story.

Also, how about episodes devoted to a specific character or theme in Jim's books?

PS. does anyone know of other podcasts devoted to authors. Specifically ones that they appear on. I know of Tracy Hickman's podcast but I don't really like it.  Also any on writing fiction. I listen to Writing Excuses (hosted by Brandon Sanderson, Dan Wells, and Howard Taylor) and The Dragon Page.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 05:01:06 PM by fardawg »

Offline mrsleep

• Conversationalist
  • I eat children. Just sayin'...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2010, 03:13:12 AM »
Whether or not this ever gets read by anyone, I very much enjoyed the writing blog JB put out in years past.  I would love for any more tips and advice Mr Butcher has to bestow.

Possibly aspiring writer: Sleep