Author Topic: Text box jumping up & down in Internet Explorer 8  (Read 4686 times)

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Text box jumping up & down in Internet Explorer 8
« on: May 09, 2009, 03:09:26 PM »
IE8 happened the last time I ran the window's update, and now I'm seeing the text box jump up and down after a certain amount of characters are typed.  I've found references to this, the general theory is it's an IE8 bug and not phpBB issue.  No fixes mentioned yet.  Is anyone else experiencing this, and has anyone found a fix?

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Text box jumping up & down in Internet Explorer 8
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 03:20:43 PM »
Clicking "Compatibility View" under "Tools" seems to have fixed it..

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 03:58:34 PM »
IE8 happened the last time I ran the window's update, and now I'm seeing the text box jump up and down after a certain amount of characters are typed.  I've found references to this, the general theory is it's an IE8 bug and not phpBB issue.  No fixes mentioned yet.  Is anyone else experiencing this, and has anyone found a fix?

I am experiencing this at work... happens in some chat windows too....
It is driving me nuts and that didn't work for me, darnit.
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline Yeratel

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 02:45:02 AM »
Clicking "Compatibility View" under "Tools" seems to have fixed it..
I just got IE8 through Windows Update the other day, and haven't notice any problems or differences with it here. So far, I haven't had to use Compatability Mode on any of the sites I regularly visit, or the ones I maintain.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. " -RAH

Offline laura118b

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 08:18:09 PM »
Oh I am so hating 8.  My problems have been I'll go to a site and IE "has encountered a problem and needs to close" it then recovers the tab and starts over in and endless cycle.  These are not small sites either, I can't get the Boston Globe to load for pity sake, and I can't try CM because I can't get far enough in the page load to click it. :'(

Offline jtaylor

• Posty McPostington
  • Bob: Offline but not forgotten.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 07:55:05 PM »
Easy solution: Use Firefox  ;D
A noble spirit enbiggens the smallest man.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 08:00:27 PM »
I ALWAYS choose "custom" on my Windows Update. I don't download ANYTHING until I've researched it and am sure that it won't be any more prone than what I already have to freaking out.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.